Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agentsunflower

WANTED: New Homeowner/Gardener

AgentSunflower
10 years ago

Hello, I am a new homeowner and gardener. I am very excited for my first spring and summer as one.

However, my garden is lackluster and pitiful. I was wondering if anyone can give me some plants, flowers, and even a shrub that would be wonderful.

I would love to have the following.
2 boxwood shrubs
a mix of annuals and perennials flowers

Thanks so much!

Comments (3)

• gottagarden
    10 years ago

It would be more expensive to mail boxwood shrubs than it would be to buy new at home depot.

I suggest you join a local garden club. Members will load you up with free plants. I have given away car fulls to locals. But to mail those plants would be impossible.

this is a TRADE forum, and requests for free plants is a no-no.

• woodthrush
    10 years ago

Also ask on your local Freecycle.org for free plants.

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Welcome to GW. There are instructions for using the exchanges that you should read before posting. Often you will find offers from generous gardeners of plants for postage and you can and should take advantage of those freely. The first two rules are as follows:

The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. You must be 18 years or older to participate. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

Here is a link that might be useful: special instructions

Sponsored