Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fastonetime

Have: Small Deppea Splendis and Impatiens flanagane

fastonetime
11 years ago

Some small tubers of imatiens left, and some small, 4 inch plants rooted of Deppea for trade, i like wild different things, somethings i like are, different varieties of honey bush, wild passifloras, anything thats rooted please, brain fart right now lol, cannot think of anything else i've been searching for, just let me know what you have to trade, i also like bulbs, trees shrubs, bamboo, different varites than whats normally seen. Thanks!

Comments (28)

• kayjones
    11 years ago

You have email.

• johnsonm08
    11 years ago

Sent you an email.
    Mike

• jaynine
    11 years ago

I have Calceolaria arachnoidea in 3" pot for one of your Impatiens tubers if you're interested. Will send you an email, also.

• bigred
    11 years ago

Don't know if it fits into unusual but I have chinese ground orchid white w/ pink edged lip....I can check to see if I have enough of the variegated to share.

Brain farting myself right now but I'll check my greenhouse and yard to see what else I might tempt you with.

Have some rooted stems of dwarf variegated gardinia.

There wild passion vine all over the place out here.

I'd be interested in the deppea if no one's spoken for it and I can find anything else that might tempt you.

I no longer can get or send emails from GW so here's my addy:
    mimianner@yahoo.com

Peggy

• bigred
    11 years ago

Quick jaunt around the yard....Lemon Wave hydrangea that is in too much sun after neighbor's cut down a tree in the yard. Lemon Daddy Gold leaf hydrangea...potted? Haven't made it to the greenhouse yet

• bigred
    11 years ago

Back from the greenhouse. Hard to know what to offer but here goes:
    Digitalis: Pam's Split,Cafe Creme and d.laevigata gracea.
    Indian Pinks
    Iris Ensata"Agrippinella"
    Named Broken colors irises,will send list if it might be something you'd be interested in
    Iris pallidia vareigata,I can only get one fan from this one
    Variegates joe pye weed"Prairie Jewel"
    Variegated goldenrod
    varigated forsythia
    Several varieties of agastaches and salvias,will list if interested
    Ledebouria cooperii,would only be able to do 3-4 small bulbs as these are very slow to established

I have other interesting tender plants but could only offer cuttings. I retired from nursery business last year and no longer do much on propagating.

Peggy

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hi peggy i tried to email you and it wouldnt go through, my email is, fastonetime@yahoo.com

i was interested in the ground orchid!

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

im also interested in bloodroot and double bloodroot!

• ms_minnamouse
    11 years ago

How about Beauty Bush? Please PM if interested.

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

HI there i still have 2 small deppeas left! Email me for a trade!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Did anyone ever complete a trade with fastonetime?

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi there, i really havent set a deal with many people yet. Still in talks about what we can trade.

• bigred
    11 years ago

I've set up a trade with fastonetime to ship Tuesday after holiday is behind us.....at least this is my understanding from last email with fastonetime. Are we still on? I don't want to dig up anything if we're not.

Peggy

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Peggy, yes were still on. :O)

• jaynine
    11 years ago

A trade was agreen upon and I emailed my address. This email went unanswered for 5 days, at which point I cancelled the trade. I'm not suggesting this member is unreliable. I guess I'm just not that patient.

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi jaynibe your email was in my spam box, sorry bout that you still want to trade?

• bigred
    11 years ago

Hope no one else sent this person any plants..if so,don't expect anything in return. Sent my end of trade(w/confirmation) on May 29th and after hearing nothing for 9 days,I emailed to inquire and was told her daughter was sick and they had medical bills so they couldn't complete our trade...meaning I get nothing except out plants(white chinese ground orchids and bloodroot plants)that I could have traded to someone else and out of pocket $12.00 for postage.I'm a retired person on a fixed income so I know what it means to make ends meet.

I can understand being more concerned with a sick child but if I had received plants in good faith I would be darn sure to some how see other person got their's in return.

I will be informing webmasters of this situtation and posting on R&R.....and NO MORE trading with ANYONE I haven't traded with before.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Peggy I'm sorry to hear that. This person contacted me many times and I kept asking questions because something was "off". I know that I contacted you and Jo to ask if you had traded with this person. They have these highly sought after plants but seem to know nothing about their care or even how to correctly spell the names. Almost everything that's been offered are high altitude "cloud forest" varieties that only do well in a climate like the SF Bay area. These just won't grow well when temps are consistantly above 80. They also offered me some others that I did want and would grow in heat but wouldn't send pics of what I asked about and then went on to tell me that one was a 3' plant in a 12" pot. I told them that would be ridiculously expensive to ship and certainly not worth it. I asked about cuttings from said plant and they came up with some cockamamie story that they get a discount for shipping multiple boxes. I asked why in the world they would want to use multiple boxes anyway? I just had a feeling that this individual wouldn't be honoring their end of a trade.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Peggy please send me an email.

Karyn

• kayjones
    11 years ago

I am sorry for the loss of your funds and plants, Peggy. You might consider contacting your state attorney's office and filing a complaint (can be done online) and also file a complaint with the USPS. If indeed this person does not honor their trade agreement, they are guilty of several broken laws and it is a Federal offense to commit mail fraud.

• bigred
    11 years ago

does this not sound like a person from a few years ago name Liz...or something to that effect that claimed the same discount for shipping....but I believe she was in Oregon.

Live and learn. I shouldn't have been so caught up in plant lust not to have taken heed when I was emailed by you Karyn.

I didn't find a R&R but search for other post,found a few but there was nothing negative in them but then nothing that they had successfully complete any trades.

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Peggy, could it be that she's NOT telling a story? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I had a bad gut feeling about this offer, and I decided not to trade this time - we never really arrived at an agreement. I gave up trading with people I haven't had past successful trades with.

• johnsonm08
    11 years ago

I didn't make a trade with her either.
    Mike

• mark4321_gw
    11 years ago

Peggy, sorry to hear that you got cheated.

I think that this does highlight the importance of showing photos of the plant and what is being traded, particularly when it is less common. Most of us are set up to do this, and it's not particularly difficult. I'm surprised it's done so infrequently on this forum. It takes far more time to arrange a trade and pack a plant for shipping. Also, a description of the source and method of propagation of the plant would not be out of line in a case like this. Although this can be discussed in private emails, it's also trivial to type a few extra words.

I grow both (although I. flanaganae is new for me). Neither is particularly difficult or slow to grow and propagate in our area. However, that may not be true elsewhere in the country. Unfortunately, a lot of what are sold as "rare" plants for huge prices on places like Ebay are relatively easy plants in our climate and available cheaply. They are often impossible without an air-conditioned greenhouse elsewhere.

Just in case anyone runs across this thread and is looking for these plants:

Sources (that I'm aware of): Impatiens flanaganae: Annie's Annuals (need to visit the nursery North of Oakland), Ebay, Etsy. Deppea splendens: Strybing (SF Botanical Garden), UC Botanical Garden, Annie's, Ebay, West Coast nurseries that carry San Marcos Growers plants. Perhaps the latter is the best if possible--$40 or $50 plants in 5 gallon pots can be bought or special ordered at certain times of the year.

As I say, propagation of either plant is not difficult:

Deppea splendens: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/propa/msg0620253629886.html?12

Impatiens flanaganae http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/impatiens/msg042312399896.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Impatiens flanaganae propagation (link repeated from above)

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Hi, Mark - waving from NW Florida! Hope you are well - email me!

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Peggy, Randy (Mark4321) is the person I was talking about in my email.

• bigred
    11 years ago

Karyn, Marks has contacted me via email but I haven't returned his email yet because I'm still so very angry with myself for breaking my own rules of trading with unknown with no trade history.

Mark,Thank you for your kindness is wanting to make up this trade.We're going into our hot seaon and I'm afraid anything small or unrooted would not survive the summer.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Peggy stop kicking yourself. Many of us have had a similar experience. Thankfully the vast majority of GW members are honest. If I'm going to set something up with someone I'm unfamiliar with I request that they send their end first.

If you think it's too hot for shipping now why not ask Randy to hold some things for you until the fall?

Sponsored