Posted by jaynboro 7 TN (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 21:09

Plants I would like to have......
Banana canna
Canna Stuttgart
Thailand giant strain elephant ear
Imperial taro
Any type of ginger that would be hardy in middle TN

Plants I have that I would trade........
Windmill palm seedlings
Monkey grass
Lambs ear
Nuns orchid
Unknown types of iris
Louisiana iris
Arrow arum
Purple cone flower
Mickey mouse taro
Musa basjoo. (hardy banana)
Tiger lily
Unknown sedum
Fennel
Ever bearing straw berry

Also might be interested in other cool plants. Let me know what u might trade. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stuff I have....Stuff I want. :)

Is the Nuns Orchid a perennial? If so I would like to trade
for one. I have Ginger Butterfly, and several others, but do not know their names. I have canna Tropicana and Canna-Striata. Please ck my list, to see if I might have
something else that you might be interested in.
Thanks,
djune/Donna

o

Donna, nun's orchid is NOT hardy in your zone - it doesn't survive in my NW Florida zone 8b - I have to bring it into the greenhouse.

o

Kayjones is correct. It has to be brought inside or greenhouse for winter. If still interested, let me know. Thanks.

o

I am interested in your nuns orchid and mickey mouse taro. I have hedychiums aka butterfly gingers, variegated ginger, costus, bananas, upright elephant ear as well as some no id EE's.

o

Keiki-are any of those plants you talked about hardy in Tennessee? If so, which one?

o

I'm in East TN, check out my list and see if anything interests you. I do have more..but Gardenweb hasn't fixed my page yet so I can add more plants .
I would be interested in your

Mickey mouse taro
Musa basjoo. (hardy banana)
Nun's Orchid

o

Smoky mist- the nuns orchid and the Mickey mouse taro are gone already. I do have the hardy banana left. Let me know if u still wanna trade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here