Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantman71

HAVE: Colocasia Black Stem, Chicago Harloquin, and Black Magi

plantman71
10 years ago

Looking for: Xanthosoma Lime Zinger and Sagittifolian

Alocasis, Mayan Mask, Borneo Giant, Calidora, and Plumbea (Metalica)

Calocasia Tea Cup, Gigantea Thailand Giant, Jack's Giant, Gigantea, Nancy's Revenge, and Black Ruffles

Monkey Tail Cactus

Other Named Elep, Ears

I have a lots of plants on my trade page available for trade for these plants.

Post Here

Comments (16)

• grabmebymyhandle
    10 years ago

Email sent!

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

I know this is an old post, viewed your trade list, sending email you won't get. Mine is lslavens1230@yahoo.com, please contact me regarding a possible trade. lisa

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

grabmebymyhandle- I have also sent you an email you won't get, we all need to go into our profiles and change the email preference to allow all user to send us messages.

Houzz set the default to 'following' only can email you.

lisa

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to initiate trades based on posts that are over 2 years old??? If they still had or wanted these plants, they would have updated the thread instead of letting it go dormant ... plantman71 hasn't even been active on this website in 2015!

• grabmebymyhandle
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Im still here, just not adjusted to, or enjoying the change, my email is linked I get updates and Lisa has been notified.

I live to learn, and love to trade, this sites been wonderful to me in the past, it's not easy for me to find folks with similar interests as my own.

Ive dug up many an old thread, emailed accounts long inactive, even been told the person I'm trying to reach is no longer on this earth, most have been a small waste of time, others very rewarding in different ways.

You can only succeed if you try, failure is not to try at all!

Cheers!

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

realcocacola78-I didn't know it was a crime....I am searching for specific plants and going through the old posts because there are none for trade at the present.

This trade sight is full of snobbish, better than everyone and holier than thou people. I quit!!

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

This trade SITE is full of wonderful people who are willing to share knowledge and plants when the opportunity arises!!

I've seen countless posts of yours where you complain about "sent you an email you won't get" or not getting a response. Some people have chosen not to use this forum anymore for whatever reason .... found another one they like better, don't garden anymore, *can't* garden anymore, maybe aren't even "with us" anymore.

I'm not being snobbish, just tired of your incessant whining when things don't go your way. When you are going through posts that old -- one of which I saw was from 2005 -- then the failure rate is going to far exceed the success rate.

A good "Rule of Thumb" to follow in polite trading -- Be appreciative of the YES's and understanding of the NO's!!! Good luck in your future trading endeavors!!

P.S. Some people, myself included, use multiple sites for trading ..... You might not want to be so quick to burn bridges or you're going to end up stranded with no way back! o.O

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

Show me one comment where I have 'whined' or didn't get my way. I am most respectable to every trader on this site. Show me, show me one comment from me regarding not getting my way!! As I stated at the beginning my first comment, I know this is an old post......

I have come across some good trades from older posts and I always check the members trade list before I inquire. I"m not burning any bridges, I can tell you that the party writing such a cruel review lied about talking to other traders who had the same experience....I had only made two other trades before coming involved with beachplant. Neither of them had a complaint.

I don't deny what they are saying, I wasn't getting their messages because I had set up two accounts. I didn't realize I signed up a couple of years ago as well making a new account recently.

Just TODAY, when I went to my other email looking for something else did I find 10-12 replies from my inquiries I made recently. I had told the other party not to dig up anything, cut anything, or ship anything UNTIL I had them paid for.

That is what I tell EVERYBODY I purchase from. If I arrange a trade with ANYONE, I will ship first, I don't have a problem with whining, or not getting my way...SHOW ME!!!

That comment was exactly like beachplant stating that she had heard from numerous other traders??? That is a lie.

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

Well, for starters:

" This trade sight is full of snobbish, better than everyone and holier than thou people. I quit!! "

As stated at the beginning of *MY* post, I was asking " Just out of curiosity ...... " and you threw a tantrum quicker than my toddler!

Or how about:

" I will no longer trade on this web sight, thanks beachplant. "

If you can't win, you'll just take your stuff and go home, right?!?

" This email system is useless until everyone goes into their profile ...... "

Private messaging is a nice feature, but not necessary unless you are exchanging personal information. You could have very easily spelled out your trade offer in comments.

Also, many of these accounts were established under GardenWeb and converted to Houzz automatically, so the default settings were set in such a way as to not violate anyone's privacy.

I could keep searching for examples, but I'd rather be on Facebook in the Houseplants-Buy, Sale and trade group looking for nice people to converse with.

As I said before, good luck in your future trading endeavors!

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

I didn't have to get an attitude until you made your snobbish comment about what makes me think anyone will trade on a 7 year post. That's rather hateful and it wasn't even addressed to you-what gave you the right to butt in?

When I did inquire in a comment-I got that question and reply from you! Not even your post???? I have had numerous trades on this site, and not one complaint...until now. Just like a pack of wolves, one gets started and the whole pack joins in.

I have never had a harsh word, or done anything to deserve this. I made my response to the other traders review....it wasn't all my fault, I"ve never denied it took a minute to get them paid, they lied, more than once, I got them paid, more than what I should have.

This post I am responding to right now comes in the other email I had registered with prior to the last one. I just found this and more in that first email address and everything should have been in the second.

I'm done explaining myself, but, I"m guessing you and some others are headed over to facebook on my behalf aren't ya?

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I never even mentioned beachplant until you asked me to show you a comment. My search for Brugmansia cuttings earlier this summer, however, was negatively impacted by your actions because my trade request with beachplant was later denied. That was almost 2 months ago .... If I was trying to "join the wolf pack", I could and would have done so long before now.

I suggest you go back and reread my original post without trying to "read between the lines" and find some ill will that wasn't there ..... it was simply a question!!! You didn't go off on signet_gw when they said "I think it is highly unlikely that a 7 year old post will be answered". Maybe I used too many words and it confused you!

It seems to me you catch more flies with honey. If you quit answering posts with "I would send an email but you wouldn't get it so ....." and actually make a trade suggestion, you would probably get more replies. People value their time, especially in the summer when they have gardens to weed, water, fertilize, and treat for all kinds of nasty things. Why would they want to spend time on the computer responding to your inquiry for plants they aren't offering anymore to see what you may or may not be offering in exchange.

Here's a helpful suggestion: If you are looking for specific plants, why don't you try STARTING YOUR OWN DAMN POST!!! I'm sure a lot of people skip over trade posts that were started over a year ago .... I know I often do! And another thing, Get the stick out of your @$$ and stop looking for drama where none exists. It is exactly because of the above posts that I immediately dismiss any trade requests I see from you ..... because I don't want to deal with your DRAMA!!!!

And as always, good luck in your future trading endeavors!!

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

I'll take care of my stick, you take care of yours. So since you didn't reply on the first one you seen, why this one. Couldn't keep your mouth shut huh?

I don't know where all of this is coming from, but I have gotten 2-3 good trades through older posts AFTER checking their trade list.

Now I know why I was thinking no one was getting my emails, they have been going to an old email address, my bad, ok?

I don't look for drama, other people seem to bring it to me, and don't know if I've ever sent you a trade request but you or anyone else will have to worry about it.

Good day.

• grabmebymyhandle
    8 years ago

Serious folks... Let it go...

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

grabmebymyhandle - I'm sorry you were dragged into the middle of this war of words ..... I never intended it to turn into such ugliness, but when someone attacks me for asking a question, I strike back .... I'll be the better person and walk away now! Happy Gardening to you!!

• Lisa Slavens
    8 years ago

Not to keep on,,,but it was not only a question but assuming and accusing.

Grabmebymyhandle-my sincerest apology to both of you.

lisa

• realcocacola78
    8 years ago

I've learned that the written word is often misunderstood because of the lack of facial expression and tone of voice which contributes to the total communication experience ..... You made assumptions based on what was lacking ..... Maybe I did as well ..... It's time to move on instead of keeping on .........

Good luck in your future trading endeavors ............

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor