Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Citronella, tea tree, and other insect repelling plants

Posted by throughtheforest 8/9b (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 13:56

Hi gardeners!

I'm working on a new little garden-scape around the porch where my dog hangs out. We don't have much of a mosquito problem around here but the flies are enough to drive you mad! So basically, I'm looking for anything I can plant that would help to keep the flies away. From what I've read any of the following could help:

Citronella
Tea Tree
Rue
Peppermint
Marigolds
Lavender
Artemesia
Tansy

I have a pretty long list of seeds up for trade and a few plants- so if you have any of the above mentioned seeds or plants (or any others good for repelling flies) take look and let's trade!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE:Citronella, tea tree, and other insect repelling plants

I have plenty of mints I can trade ya for your lemon grass and straight 8 cucumber seeds.And I can cut you a piece of my citronella plant

o
RE: WANTED: Citronella, tea tree, and other insect repelling pla

Hi there,
I'd be happy to take that trade :) I noticed you also have maypop cuttings on your trade list. Is there anything else from my list that you might want in exchange for that as well? Feel free to pick several varieties- I know postage can be a bit more with cuttings. Either way, email me your address and we'll trade something or other!

o
RE: WANTED: Citronella, tea tree, and other insect repelling pla

I have citronella geraniums that I would be willing to trade cuttings for a succulent type cutting. Let me know, thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here