Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cahac

Hen & Chicks for Trade

cahac
11 years ago

I Still have enough plants for 4 or 5 more trades if anyone is interested Looking for H & C's I don't have I have a list of what i have now on my page.

Hen & Chicks I have for trade

These are all named varieties and well rooted, year old plants. and if they do have chicks they come w/the hen. And some may be small clumps

or i can do smaller chicks that are rooted. I haven't had any luck at all in rooting small unrooted chicks i have gotten thru the mail

I am looking for named ones of same general size that i dont have. or any named Spiderwebs or Jovibarta "Rollers". I also have some really nice"noids" that i have lost the tags to. but they are named cultivars

Email me with what you have, but please don't be offended if i say no

i can email you pics of what i have but i'm not the greatest w/a camera

(1)-Ashes of Roses---medium-- frosty dark red in late fall,winter &spring hot summer it is green with red leaf backs. clumps fast, has a full circle of chicks

(2)-Atroviolaceum "Heimlich"-- med-green with a bright red on the heart of the center leaves

(3)-Atroviolaceum "Pubescents"--large-clear plum color in late fall,winter and spring, in full summer sun turns a odd Chocolaty Brown,give it summer shade and it will keep the plum color

(4)-Blue Boy--med/large Blue-green, and rose with lots of watermarks

(5) Hart-- med/large-- I bought this as "Hart" but not 100% sure it is.the leaves looks too narrow to me. Spring,early summer and some shade it is a fire engine red,full sun it is a dark red,

(6)-JoviBarta roller type "Hedgehog looks like a green w/red tipped ball turns almost all deep burgundy red in winter

(7)-Korrestia--med-- red & olive-green in summer--turns all Burgundy in colder weather. Clumps fast.has a full circle of chicks

(8)-More Honey--Green w/reddish/orange on underside of leaves. In winter it closes up, colder it gets,the tighter it closes until it looks like a red & green pinecone

(9)-Ohioan?-large Bought this 1 as Ohioan, but i haven't run across that name. It is a deep rich red in cooler weather with a satin finish on the rounded edge petals with just a streak of bluegreen around the edge of the leaves, turns a deep almost black burgundy in full summer sun

(10)-Pacific Knight-med- olive-green with a deep burgundy center slowly turns all burgandy Only going to have a very few of this 1

(11)-Pink Charm-med/large Bluegreen lite pink to rose with rounded ends on leaves

(12)-Raspberry Ice-large-- Summer color is a pale fuzzy frosted green.early oct starts to turn dark rose/red thru the winter late april starts turning green again. last of the rose/red is a big stripe down center of leaves for a couple of weeks before turning all green. A real knockout i will only have a couple of these for trade now. hopefully more in the fall

(13)-Red Rum-large. This is a dazzler Big(6-7") colors are mostly deep red w/purple tips and super watermarks but some start lite pink and range to almost black the red is so dark, holds it's color all year

(14)- Tracy Sue-med.-This 1 does a reverse on coloration. In winter it is a lime green with a rose cast. come spring starts turning yellow w/orange highlites more sun and hotter it gets the more yellow it turns about the colors of Sedum "Angelina" chicks are on long stolons so it clumps really nice . got this 1 several years ago from Croatia

Had these up earlier but had to go out of town on family matters and lost a couple of inquiries

cliff

Comments (5)

• cashclan
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ohh my goodenss I sure hope we can trade.

I have Ruby Heart
    Braunii
    Piloseum
    Red beauty
    Purple Beauty
    Silverine
    cobweb
    I'll have to go outside and see if any of the others are large enough to trade. Most of these are small varieties but I can send ones that are starting babies.

I hope we can trade, I'm trying to increase the varieties I have.
    thank you
    Sharon cash
    zone 7

You can also check out my Have list and see if there is anything else you would like. I would like to trade for each variety you have available.

• greenphilly
    11 years ago

Wow! You have an amazing collection. Would love to trade and have my first 'hen & chick". I would love to have any one in your collection, but in particular any of the following:
    Tracy Sue-med.
    Raspberry Ice-large
    Korrestia--med
    Atroviolaceum "Heimlich"

I am in Zone6 and have the following as houseplants for trade if you would like any:

Foliage plants:
    Chlorophytum comosum (Variegated spider plant)
    Epipremnum aureum 'Marble Queen' (Marble queen pothos)
    Gynura sarmentosa (Purple Passion vine)
    Monstera adansonii (Swiss cheese)
    Red Coleus

Flowering plants:
    Jasminum polyanthum (Chinese jasmine)
    Geranium- red,light pink,deep pink

Cactus & Succulents:
    Rhipsalis cribrata (Pencil cactus)
    Aloe vera (Aloe vera)
    Crassula ovata (Jade plant-common)
    Schlumbergera buckleyi (Christmas cactus-red)
    Schlumbergera buckleyi (Christmas cactus-fuchsia)
    Sedum spurium

• claysoil
    11 years ago

Hi Cliff, do you have any semps left for trade? I know that I have plenty of Tomentosa (small webbed), Green Wheel, Krebs 2 (reddish), possibly Whirly Gig (red)to trade, and can check for others.

• SmokyMist
    11 years ago

I would be very interested in a trade. I have just started collecting...but I have probably 25 different varieties. I will have to make a list. I have a large large list of sedums if that is something that is of interest to you.

• chrisware
    11 years ago

Blue Boy and Pink Charm sound neat. I have lots that are not on your list and vice versa. Send me an email if you'd like to trade. I like to trade larger pups from last year too.

Smoky, I never did set up a trade with ya for some sedums. would still love to get some if your still up for a trade, but I don't think I got word back from ya as to what you wanted to trade... shoot me an email if youd like

Later all...

Chris