Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redthreaddiy

HAVE: Pepper Plants and Perennials!

redthreaddiy
11 years ago

I grow pepper plants every year to sell at my local farmers markets. Unfortunately, the time is now "too late" to plant them, and no one is buying anymore. I, however, am still planting and I know there is still plenty of time to harvest. They have been growing in 6" pots, and have flowers (therefore mature plants). I would be happy to trade for a wide variety of plants and/or seeds - I'm not picky and I'll make sure that we're even! Here is what I have:

Pepper 'Anaheim' (4): Long, tapered, medium-thick peppers are pungent. Green fruits turn deep red when ripe. Use fresh or dried. Mild New Mexico pepper good for frying, stuffing and roasting.

Pepper 'Orange Bell' (15): Seeds were started from Baker's Creek. Heirloom. Super sweet, brilliant orange fruit are blocky with and good-sized thick flesh that is flavorful and among the best tasting of all peppers. Plants produce large yields of this most magnificent pepper. Good for salsa/salads, frying, stuffing, roasting and pickling.

Pepper 'Jalapeno Early' (6): Heirloom. This variety yields loads of green conical fruits that get hotter as they mature. Spicy Jalapenos can be used in everything from Mexican cuisine to pizza. Good for salsa/salads, stuffing, roasting, drying and pickling. Medium to Hot.

Pepper 'Peruvian Purple' (3): Heirloom. Produces good yields of 1" long by 3/4" wide peppers. Peppers are mildly hot, grow upright, and turn from dark purple to burgundy red when mature. Plant has dark purple stems, green leaves with a purple tint, and purple flowers. A variety from Peru. Good for salsa/salads, drying and pickling. Mildly hot.

Pepper 'Tequila Sunrise': ENDANGERED Heirloom Frying Pan Sweet Pepper. Great for salsa, salads, drying & pickling. Ripens from green to orange. Firm crunchy flesh is mildly peppery & sweet.

**Things I can dig up**:

{{gwi:58701}} Ajuga groundcover

{{gwi:58703}} Iris 'Monsignor' bulbs: Forms an elegant clump of tall, deep green sword-like leaves, with flowers on long stems that open above the foliage. Very hardy! Be sure to plant your bulbs in the ground before winter hits, with the top part of the bulb showing above the soil.

{{gwi:58705}} Passion Flower Vine: The passion flower is native to southern Brazil and Argentina. The plant is a twining vine that can grow to 40 feet. The blooms of passion flower are multi-colored, with a mint scent much like the fruit of the pineapple guava. The white and purple-blue flowers which appear in summer may be as large as 4 inches across. Hardy.

{{gwi:58706}} Black-Eyed Susans

{{gwi:58707}} Blanket Flower 'Arizona Sun' Seedlings: The seedlings are a good size for transplanting. A Fleuroselect Gold Medal winner with large fiery orange red blossoms tipped by a ring of rich flame yellow. The flowers are large, many-petaled, and lovely. Expect them to reach 4 inches wide and to crowd one another for space on compact plants 12 inches high and 10 to 14 inches wide. They begin blooming in late spring and won't quit until nipped by fall frost!

{{gwi:58708}} I accidentally started around 100 Autumn Beauty mix sunflowers in one little area in my garden. The seedlings are a couple weeks old, and have 3 sets of leaves. They need to be thinned, and I am willing to dig up as many as you'd like. I can't guarantee they will survive, but we can try! They need to be spaced about 2 feet apart, so please figure out how many you'd want.

Comments (10)

Sponsored