Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linlily

WANTED: Looking for White Baby's Tears Mum

linlily
9 years ago

I am looking for a ROOTED piece of a small buttom mum called White Baby's Tears. I lost this plant last winter that I had moved from my parents home after their deaths when their home was sold. I can't find one to purchase on-line and no one seems to grow this variety any more.

Please send me your Wish List. I grow lots of different plants.

Thanks,
Linda

Comments (4)

• linlily
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I looked at their address - are they in Canada? Overseas?
    I don't think they are in the US but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Linda

• seedmoney
    9 years ago

Linda,
    Bluestone Perennials out of Ohio carried the white form of this a coulple of years ago. I only see the yellow form of Baby's Tears being offered this year but perhaps you could call and they could scrape one up for you. Good luck. Here's the blurb from their web site.

Mum Lemon Baby Tears
    Cushion Chrysanthemum
    printer_friendly
    Type: Perennials,Mums
    Height: Medium 16-24" (Plant 16" apart.)
    Bloom Time: Early Fall to Late Fall
    Sun-Shade: Full Sun
    Zones: 5-9 Find Your Zone
    Soil Condition: Normal
    Flower / Accent: Yellow / Yellow
    Pot Size: 3.5" square x 4" deep

Lemondrop yellow flowers for your fall garden. The finest "bushel-basket" Mums. Low mounds of cheery color. Spring shipping only.

Chrysanthemums are a must-have for the late summer/fall garden. They reliably deliver a burst of color in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. See all our Mums for additional colors and selections.
    Features to Note:

Deer Resistant
    Good for Cut Flowers
    For a Sunny Spot
    Web Only

Mum General Information:

Chrysanthemum are Queen of the Fall Flowers. Few plants can rival mums for beautiful fall color. They begin their show in early autumn and are handsome until a killing frost. Allow plenty of room, these plants will reach full size and flower prodigiously their first year.
    Mum Plant Care:

Prefers compost-enriched well-drained soil. Good drainage is a must for successful overwintering. We tip the plants back before shipping to promote bushiness, but any strong shoot which is getting ahead of the plant should be tipped back. (Remove the growing tip.) Do not pinch after 4th of July. Can be divided in spring if needed or if center of clump dies out. Mulch for winter protection only in very cold areas and be sure to remove it before the spring thaw. Clean up old foliage in spring and cut back to new growth.

$7.95 ea.
    (3+) $7.50 ea.
    Spring 2015
    Plant Code: MLBTE
    100% Guaranteed
    Plantable Pots
    You'll Love Our Plantable Pots
    3.5" x 3.5" x 4" deep

Our plants are all grown in plantable fiber pots that grow incredibly vigorous plants, eliminate transplant shock, and are 100% biodegradable. They have tremendous advantages over plastic pots. Learn More
    - See more at: http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/MLBTE.html#sthash.kG5aqHkL.dpuf

• linlily
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I know they used to sell the white ones but when I saw they only sold the yellow one now - which is cute too - I didn't think of calling to ask if the white might be available next year. I placed an order from them earlier this year and have ordered from them before.

When I don't see a plant listed that I want, even if I know they sold it in the past, I just give up and don't pursue it any further.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give them a call.
    Linda

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery