Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaspinkpixie

have: have: mandevilla, sunset vine, mints and more

texaspinkpixie
11 years ago

Hi Everybody!

I have a couple of rooted plants to trade. These are rooted cuttiings from the plants pictured. Would like to do a couple of multitrades if possible. Thanks

I have ready to go:

Giant red parasol mandevilla

Hawaiian Sunset vine

Varigated iceplant

Sunrose

Purple speckled spiderwort

Chocolate mint

Mojito mint

Comments (18)

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well, only 1 pic will upload at a time :)

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and another...

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

last one...I will get scientific names for them soon but to avoid confusion...

• sguanzon
    11 years ago

What is the last one called?

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The last one is the hawaiian sunset vine Ipomoea beraviensis, Stictocardia beraviensis.

• msbatt
    11 years ago

How did you manage to root the Stictocardia? I absolutely LOVE that plant, but have never succeeded in rooting cuttings.

I will have brug cuttings in to fall---I don't cut mine until the very last minute because they do their best flowering in the fall, just before frost. I see you like pink flowers and vines---I have seeds for Ipomoea setosa, Brazilian MG.

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi msbatt,
    The sticocardia was very easy to root but I think it may be a difference in locale. Here in central Texas, we are in the high 90's to 100's and they are in recycled kitty litter jugs that are opaque. I think it is the high humidity/temps and filtered sunlight because these babies put roots off with 3 days and after 10 days now, I am going to have to pot them up in gallon pots today because the roots have grown out the bottom of the 4"(and I am low on gallons). I do love pink flowers and have several mg in the front and the brazilian mg is among them. Actually waiting to see if I am going to get seeds from my split seconds mg(posted a pic).I am having great luck with the garden this year despite the heat. I would wait on the brug too. I will send you an email. Thanks!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

I will trade for the Stictocardia aka Hawaiian Sunset vine - I will email you.

• msbatt
    11 years ago

Wow! I hope that does make some seed!

• kayjones
    11 years ago

I emailed you through 'my page' - did you get the email?

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I didnt... but I emailed you back. If not my email is arcadiaseeker@hotmail.com

• kayjones
    11 years ago

OK - we both got our emails - trade in progress! LOL

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Hey texaspinkpixie :) I may have answered this post a little too late...do you still have any of the mandevilla or sunset vine to trade? ...if so I can do a couple of brug cuttings, cassia alata (golden candle bush or candlestick bush are common names) cuttings, pink dogwood cuttings, and purple wisteria cuttings...email me if it sounds like a trade :)...if you're already out or this isn't a good trade for you I understand :)

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi moonfire!
    Would love to trade. Sent you an email. Thanks

• shany0
    11 years ago

Hi there,

I am interested in all of your cuttings. Please check my link to see if there is anything that you are interested in.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/shany0

Jordan

• texaspinkpixie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Jordan!
    Sent you an email...

• debbiep_gw
    11 years ago

Hi,do you still have a rooted sunset vine to trade?If so I'll try to find something pink to trade you!

• delreytropical
    11 years ago

Extremely late, forgive me, but I have been dying for a mandevilla plant forever. If you still have any or maybe for next season I would be interested. I have a lot of plants to trade, cuttings:

Pink tropical hibiscus, Hardy hibiscus, bengal tiger canna tubers, white green caladium, Red Dogwood cuttings, Weigela wine and roses, Obsidian heuchera

If im too late, cant kill a guy from tryin :)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus