Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: have: mandevilla, sunset vine, mints and more

Posted by texaspinkpixie none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 14:59

Hi Everybody!
I have a couple of rooted plants to trade. These are rooted cuttiings from the plants pictured. Would like to do a couple of multitrades if possible. Thanks

I have ready to go:
Giant red parasol mandevilla
Hawaiian Sunset vine
Varigated iceplant
Sunrose
Purple speckled spiderwort
Chocolate mint
Mojito mint

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: have: mandevilla, sunset vine, mints and more

well, only 1 pic will upload at a time :)

o

and another...

o

last one...I will get scientific names for them soon but to avoid confusion...

o

What is the last one called?

o

The last one is the hawaiian sunset vine Ipomoea beraviensis, Stictocardia beraviensis.

o

How did you manage to root the Stictocardia? I absolutely LOVE that plant, but have never succeeded in rooting cuttings.

I will have brug cuttings in to fall---I don't cut mine until the very last minute because they do their best flowering in the fall, just before frost. I see you like pink flowers and vines---I have seeds for Ipomoea setosa, Brazilian MG.

o

Hi msbatt,
The sticocardia was very easy to root but I think it may be a difference in locale. Here in central Texas, we are in the high 90's to 100's and they are in recycled kitty litter jugs that are opaque. I think it is the high humidity/temps and filtered sunlight because these babies put roots off with 3 days and after 10 days now, I am going to have to pot them up in gallon pots today because the roots have grown out the bottom of the 4"(and I am low on gallons). I do love pink flowers and have several mg in the front and the brazilian mg is among them. Actually waiting to see if I am going to get seeds from my split seconds mg(posted a pic).I am having great luck with the garden this year despite the heat. I would wait on the brug too. I will send you an email. Thanks!

o

I will trade for the Stictocardia aka Hawaiian Sunset vine - I will email you.

o

Wow! I hope that does make some seed!

o

I emailed you through 'my page' - did you get the email?

o

I didnt... but I emailed you back. If not my email is arcadiaseeker@hotmail.com

o

OK - we both got our emails - trade in progress! LOL

o

Hey texaspinkpixie :) I may have answered this post a little too late...do you still have any of the mandevilla or sunset vine to trade? ...if so I can do a couple of brug cuttings, cassia alata (golden candle bush or candlestick bush are common names) cuttings, pink dogwood cuttings, and purple wisteria cuttings...email me if it sounds like a trade :)...if you're already out or this isn't a good trade for you I understand :)

o

Hi moonfire!
Would love to trade. Sent you an email. Thanks

o

Hi there,

I am interested in all of your cuttings. Please check my link to see if there is anything that you are interested in.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/shany0

Jordan

o

Hi Jordan!
Sent you an email...

o

Hi,do you still have a rooted sunset vine to trade?If so I'll try to find something pink to trade you!

o

Extremely late, forgive me, but I have been dying for a mandevilla plant forever. If you still have any or maybe for next season I would be interested. I have a lot of plants to trade, cuttings:

Pink tropical hibiscus, Hardy hibiscus, bengal tiger canna tubers, white green caladium, Red Dogwood cuttings, Weigela wine and roses, Obsidian heuchera

If im too late, cant kill a guy from tryin :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here