Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

HAVE: Little Joe Pyeweed for Postage

caterwallin
11 years ago

I think I have 6 of these plants and will send them in a large flat rate box. I'd say they're at least 2 feet tall so I'll probably have to cut them off to fit them in the box (or try bending them and hope that they don't break...but I'd say that they probably would).

If the first person who posts here wants all 6 plants, then I'll send all of them to you, but if you'd rather just have one or two or three, then maybe someone else wants the ones that are left. I'll guess we'll just have to play it by ear.

I've seen some people say that they have great success with these plants (flowers) attracting lots of butterflies, but I've seen very few on mine here in central PA. They're a pretty flower, but I figure I can use the space for something that the butterflies might like more.

If anyone is interested in these, post here and I'll get back to you via email if you have your email link set up in your profile.

Cathy

Comments (8)

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Cathy, I would jump on this, but I've planted them twice and they just disappeared from my yard in a matter of weeks - don't have a clue why.

• plantbug
    11 years ago

Cathy, I would like to have these if you still have them. What are you looking for? plantbug

• caterwallin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay, That's weird how yours disappeared. Nothing gets after mine except bees, no bigger creatures.

Plantbug, I guess they're yours! :) They have really pretty flowers, but due to my back, I'm doing some downsizing and some things are getting moved and so something will go in their place. Because I'm planting less next year, I don't really need any plants, so I'm asking postage for them. I usually send plants in flat rate boxes, but if you don't want the stems broken, I could get some of those long triangular boxes at the p.o. but then I wouldn't know ahead of time how much it will cost and therefore what to tell you to send me. I'm open to suggestions. If you want to email me to make arrangements, my email is ...
    cbrouse at gmail dot com

Cathy

• dreamwithpassion
    11 years ago

If Plantbug decides against them, I would love to take some! I might even be able to pick them up depending on where in central PA you are (I am in east PA)

Thanks!

• tess1893
    11 years ago

Hey, they grow wild here let crazy, big annoyance here I trade as many as I can dig up just to get them of the property. To the Fl lady kayjones, after them turn the kinda golden brown and the seeds fly and fall off the die back...so people think they are coletely dead when they are preparing to go dormant and they even look it but try leaving the stalks/stems til further into fall around here its mid/late October early/mid November for those crazies who actually want the dang things. Just let me know.

• tess1893
    11 years ago

Hey, they grow wild here let crazy, big annoyance here I trade as many as I can dig up just to get them of the property. To the Fl lady kayjones, after them turn the kinda golden brown and the seeds fly and fall off the die back...so people think they are coletely dead when they are preparing to go dormant and they even look it but try leaving the stalks/stems til further into fall around here its mid/late October early/mid November for those crazies who actually want the dang things. Just let me know.

• tess1893
    11 years ago

Oh, Joe pye around can grow to 5-6 ft tall

• caterwallin
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm sorry if anyone else wanted any but Plantbug has decided to take all of them. If I ever have any more grow, I'll post on here again.
    Cathy

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm