Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Have Raspberry plants - Need Blackberry

Posted by CharlieBoring 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 7:29

I have what looks like August Red Raspberry plants and would like to trade for thornless blackberry plants. Raspberries are large red berries and the plant grows erect to about 5 feet. Last season plants were everbearing, this season, due to improper pruning produced in June.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Have Raspberry plants - Need Blackberry

Hi - We have tons of wild blackberry plants on our property in suburban philadelphia. Let me know if you'd like some!

o

would like to have some raspberry plants,would you trade for fig cuttings?I have several types of cuttings if you will check out my page.Thanks.moonphase
Annette

also have several plants

o

Okay. I will save some raspberry plants as they sucker and send them to you. I don't know if I have any right now because I keep cutting them down. I will check today.

Charlie

o

Moonphase - I have taken one raspberry sucker that I uprooted and potted it it for you. My wife informed me that she wants me to uproot my two raspberry bushes and plant two blackberry bushes. She said that if I did not; she will ensure that the squirrels attack my berries and that I never eat another raspberry. (She is not wild about raspberries) I can't defend against her and the squirrels, so the raspberries are coming out. They are probably too large to send to you economically even if I cut them down, but if you are interested, let me know. As for as the figs you offerred, the current figs I have do not mature in zone 7 before the first frost, if you have some that mature early, I would be interested. I am into edible landscape so I plant fruit and veggies among my flowers and shrubs.

o

Hi Charlie - If Moonphase doesn't take the raspberries, I am interested. I can offer you daylilies galore, some habanero and banana pepper seeds, as well as Solomon's seal (great in shade), and various ferns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here