Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

HAVE: Jasmine 'Grand Duke of Tuscony'

karyn1
11 years ago

This is a small rooted cutting but it is in bud. I'd like to trade for another blooming size variety such as Maid of Orleans or maybe some other fragrant plant.

Comments (13)

• tess1893
    11 years ago

How about diplodenia?

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks but I already have "Red Riding Hood" and other colors of mandevillas and allamandas.

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I can get cuttings of confederate jasmine, a big gardenia (don't know the name of it), purple wisteria, and yellow and white honeysuckle...i don't have any rooted cuttings yet tho...they would be fresh cuttings...unless i could find a baby of the honeysuckle maybe...if you don't mind non-rooted cuttings i could send several for the rooted plant...i understand if you only want rooted for rooted tho...just let me know :)

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have several gardenias and confederate jasmine as well as wisteria "Amethyst Falls" and I don't want honeysuckle. I also only want rooted plants. Thanks for the offer, sorry I have to decline.

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

okie dokie Karyn :) if i had it already i wouldn't want it either lol, especially non rooted for rooted if i had it all already...just thought i'd throw it out there in case...have a good day, Dianne

• Lisa Ls
    11 years ago

Hi Karyn, I would love to have your jasmine. I have a crepe jasmine and also can give you Gardenia or Maid of Orleans cutting. Or please check my trade list. thanks

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It has found a home. Thanks

• Need2SeeGreen 10 (SoCal)
    11 years ago

Hi Karyn,

I hope it is not too late, but I wanted to ask, how did you get your Grand Duke cutting to live? I've tried twice now, and they seem to root okay, but then the leaves fall off and it dies.

I make a cutting of what seems like a nice green part of the plant, and stick it in dirt and keep it moist. I don't remember exactly, but I probably used rooting hormone.

I would love to be able to share this plant! How did you do it??

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for reading.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Need2SeeGreen I have excellent results with GD jasmine cuttings. I take cuttings during active growth. I like cuttings that are about a year old, firm but not too woody and just stick it in some soil and keep it moist (not wet) and warm. I don't bother with rooting hormones. Sometimes I'll enclose it in a baggie if it's drying out too quickly. They are usually well rooted in about 4-6 weeks. Once rooted I treat it like I would any other mature jasmine. Maybe you are using cuttings that are too green or taking them while the plant isn't actively growing?

11 years ago

Thanks for your message! I will try again.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I think they do root, they just don't ever start growing. I'll try without the rooting hormone, and maybe what I'll do is try putting on some fertilizer or moving them more into the sun once they've rooted. I had been keeping them a little bit shaded during the rooting and maybe they don't like it.

Thanks again!

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Need2SeeGreen I wouldn't use fertilizer until they are well rooted but what will help is giving the cuttings some B1. This will encourage root development. You can soak the cuttings in water with some added B1 for several hours before potting them up and continue to water with B1. If you can't find B1 use something like Superthrive which does contain B1.

11 years ago

Wow, thanks again for the great tip!!! I've never heard of using B1. It should heat up soon here, I hope, and the plant will start growing again.

• Ivan Ferdous
    8 years ago

I don't have anything to trade. But am interested in if you have any left to share. Thank you.

Ivan

ivan.ferdous@gmail.com

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz