Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Have: Old-growth Jade

Posted by Pixel_Pepper 10b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 22:07

I recently acquired two 25 year old jade plants (Crassula ovata) and whacked them back really hard. They were so crowded before that separating them left me with many leftover trunks. Some of the trunks are a full 2 inches in diameter. I will be sending the trunks as-is (not rooted). Since they create a heavy parcel, I request that we arrange for me to send standard mail while you send priority mail, to keep the cost of shipping relatively equal (unless you also send succulents that can take a longer trip).

Looking to trade for indoor plants, jasmines, fragrant plants, night-blooming plants, haworthias, and others. I live in zone 10b so please offer heat-tolerant plants. Willing to consider trades of seeds (must be many or uncommon to justify the cost of shipping) or trades for other items. I will consider all offers.

Please email me through Gardenweb if you are interested, and leave me a message here in this thread to let me know. If you have questions, please ask in the thread so others may see the answer.

I will post some pictures here in the next few days. Available to send in a week or so. If you are new to Exchange and don't yet have a few good reviews in the Rate and Review forum, I may ask you to send your end of the trade first.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Have: Old-growth Jade

I would LOVE to trade, I'm sending you an email.
Sharon Cash
Zone 7

o

Hello Sharon,

I'd be happy to trade with you. Returned your email.

I probably have enough for at least a couple of good trades, so if anyone else is interested, don't hold back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I will probably have to trim the tops off some of these to fit them into boxes more easily, but that will encourage more compact growth, so not necessarily a bad thing. The quarters are included for scale.

o

Sending email

o

Hi, greengirl,

Returned your email. Looking forward to hearing back.

Still probably 10 or 15 trunks available after these two trades.

o

Still have many to trade. Greengirl2009 had to cancel her trade, but after I trade with cashclan I will have probably 15 or more trunks left.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here