Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Way too many cannas!

Posted by johnsaunt 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 6:29

I won't be ready to trade until we have a frost here in Northern Virginia, but I will have a lot of cannas to trade. I'd like to set up a trade for cannas in a different color.

The ones I'm offering are in the orange/salmon/peach range of colors, with green leaves.

I'm looking for cannas that are red or yellow or have interesting foliage.

Thanks, Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Way too many cannas!

Hi Ginny, tell me about it! They've been multiplying bunches! I have a lot of red blooming ones , was suppose to be "The President" only a bit smaller but still large and bright, plus have unusual ones- "Bengal Tiger"-variagated leaves and orange flowers, let me know if we can trade some, thanks.
Bea

o

• Posted by mori1 5/6 KS (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 12:58

I have cannas that green with red lining on the outside but I don't know what color they bloom. I also have one that has red leaves. I have included a picture.

o

Hi! I have red cannas

o

I too have WAY too many Cannas. I only have red, and they have made it up to about 7ft. Let me know if you are interested in a swap, I would love to mix the color up!

o

It may be my browser, but the cannas in these pictures look more orange than red.

What I'm looking for is fire-engine red or burgundy. Nothing with any orange tones. They're going to be planted near some dark red hardy hibiscus plants and the orange tones of mine clashed, so I thought a real red would look better.

o

I have Canna true red , larger heads and semi-dwarf, would like your Iris -Flave something, if interested, please let me know.

o

I have yellow cannas, interested in any other colors.

o
re: have: way too many cannas!/revised!

I am so sorry, but I've changed my garden plan!

Please don't reply to this thread and I'll get in touch with the folks who have already responded.

Ginny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here