Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julianoname_gw

WANTED: Mimosa strigillosa (Sunshine Mimosa)

julia-fl
10 years ago

Hi. I am looking for Mimosa Strigillosa (Sunshine Mimosa) and/or Perennial Peanut Ground Cover to replace out front lawn in Florida. If someone has those plants, please, check my Trade list to see if there is anything you'd like. Thank You! Julia.

Comments (6)

• AmberBrook
    10 years ago

Hi Julia,

I don't have either of those two plants right now, but I looked at your trade list and I was wondering if you might be interested in trading me one of your pink Justica Carnea, plants/cuttings. I have a yellow and an orange justica already and I'd really like to have the pink! I could offer you cuttings of my justicas, or maybe there's something else you'd like on my trade list. Let me know!

-Amber

• julia-fl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Amber.

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am interested in other colors of Justicia Carnea. I can send you cuttings of Pink and also, White one in exchange of your Yellow and Orange. I could also trade one of my gingers for your Kaempferia pulchra (Peacock Ginger). I have 1 ginger without ID and also:
    Costus barbatus (Costaceae) - Spiral Ginger;
    Hawaiian Ginger;
    (Tricolor Ginger) STROMANTHE SANGUINEA TRICOLOR and one more all green Ctenanthe (Sorry, no Id, see pix). Please, let me know.

• julia-fl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

At this time I am still looking for Mimosa Strigillosa if anyone has it. I already purchased Perennial Peanut. I am open to other trades too. Thanks. Julia.

• julia-fl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Amber, for your trade.

• rojonogo
    10 years ago

Julia, if you know, can you tell me how to distinguish between seedlings of mimosa trees (hardy silk) and sunshine mimosa? Both plants grow wild and prolifically here, but I can't tell one from the other at the seedling stage. I am constantly pulling seedlings from my yard, and if I could be sure that what I'm pulling is what you're wanting, I could send them to you.

• julia-fl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello. I am new to mimosa plants so I really don't know the difference at their seedling stage too :):) I googled seedlings of both and they look similar. I planted Jacaranda Mimosa and the seedling of that also looks similar. Also, I received seedlings of mimosa today from Nelson Biron (thanks, Nelson). I hope that they will grow. Thank you all so much for your kindness and offers. Canna_Getanamen, if you would like to trade with me, please, let me know.

Sponsored