I would like to trade for these cuttings:

Royal or Blenheim apricott,
Bing Cherry,
Bosc or Bartlett Pear,
Any other variety of female hardy kiwi,
Sweet scarlet goumi bush,
Brown Turkey, Chicago or Black Jack Fig, and
Giant Fuyu.

Cuttings will be taken this winter and stored in ziplick bags in a refrigerator until mailed. Grafts are intended to be made in the early spring.

This post was edited by CharlieBoring on Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 8:34

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Fruit Tree Cutting

I have a Bing (from my 30 year old tree) I could trade for the Stella...
I am also looking for Rainer as well

o

Marc - I will trade cuttings from my stella for your bing. I prefer to take my cuttings when it gets colder and not too soon before grafting. I suggest February. Contact me by direct email.

o

I have some Brown Turkey cuttings that I could trade for Celeste.

o

Can fruit tree cutting as persimmon root ?
I have a tree but don't know how ?
Any tips would appreciated .
Joy

o

I guess that it depends on the type of persimmon. I have a fuyu, which I am told is a graft and therefore may not have the same traits if a cutting is rooted. I also understand that it is very difficult to root a persimmon cutting. If you want to try it, I suggest that you try to air-layer a small branch in May.

o

I just started establishing fruit trees in my back yard after cutting down lot of oak trees. I would love to try persimmon and celeste fig cuttings.
I have several indoor plants like Jasmine and hibiscus varieties for trade at this time since I live in the Northeast. I also have lots of strawberries, hydrangeas, hardy moms, iris, raspberry, rose of Sharon and more plants that I can trade in the spring.
Also looking for kiwi and Apricot cuttings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here