Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

WANTED: GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (3)

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

I love the GW site and have been a member for years. One thing I wish you would change is the fact that posts do not show up in chronological order. New posts get mixed in with older ones and can be missed.
    Susan

• ourhighlandhome
    11 years ago

Hi Tamara,

Thank you and GW for providing this site. Like my friend Susan above, I've been a member for years and check in almost daily. Some changes/additions I would like to see:

1. Arrange members names alphabetically on the "Rate & Review" forum. Use links which would allow only direct posts to a particular trader, and "force" the forum to work as it was intended to.

2. Allow posts to be deleted or sent to a "recycling bin" by the originator when they are no longer useful or valid (especially in the case of trades/exchanges that have been fulfilled).

3. Combine the Gardening by State "Discussions", "Exchanges" and "Conversations" forums into one. There simply isn't enough traffic to support all three, at least amongst Alabama gardeners. The "Exchanges" and "Discussions" forums are mostly dead areas. There are some other forums on GW in general that could be combined to increase traffic and interest. Sometimes "bigger" isn't "better".

4. I would like for there to be a process by which the accounts of our deceased GW friends can be deleted. I usually post a notice on the Alabama forum and Trades/Exchanges forums so members/traders/friends are aware and will understand if/when they don't get a response from a certain member or their e-mail is returned.

Lastly, "Thank You!" again, Tamara, for giving us the opportunity to help shape the very best gardening forum on the internet! Your efforts do not go unappreciated.

Nelson (who is rarely short on words)

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations