Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dethcheez

WANTED: New Interesting Plant / Having Withdraws

dethcheez
11 years ago

HELP!!!

It's been a long time since I've added anything really "Interesting" to my collection

&
I'm fiending for a new plant BAD

It doesn't have to be rare per se but at least uncommon

Not something I can get at any HomeDepot or WalMart

Looking for

Interesting Odd Weird Strange Bizarre looking plants

Carnivorous

Moving

Stinky

Glowing

??? IDK ???

Hard part

I already have a Ton of plants

Most of what I "Know" I want that I can afford or isn't pretty much impossible to get

Don't do pretty plants or garden bed type plants

Out Of All The Gardeners On Here

Someone Has To Have Something Cool

Please Please Please Shoot Me An Email If You Think You Might Have Something That Would Interest Me

Have all kinds of stuff I can offer in trade

Thanx for reading my ramblings

Eric

dethcheez@aol.com

Comments (6)

• kayjones
    11 years ago

You don't have a list of plants you grow and have to trade - that would be very helpful.

• dethcheez
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kay

For the most part I have stuff like
    Highland Nepenthes
    Mexican Pinguicula
    Amorphophallus / VooDoo Lily corms
    Aristolochia
    Arisaema
    Currently available + other misc. plants & what not

This is going to be long winded & I'm probably going to come off sounding like a Total @$$
    But just being 100% honest
    NOT directed at you KJ
    Hopefully this will help explain the method behind my madness & better explain what I'm looking & not for & help with trades

The main reason I no longer post a "Have" list is
    Every time I do (here & on other sites) I get a ton of emails / PMs with offers for plants that are nowhere near the category of plants I list as looking for & I hate having to say NO to people

Example I'll list something like VooDoo Lily corms & will state "Only looking to trade for other VooDoo Lilies I don't have" & someone will offer me a Spider Plant ???

I find it a lot easier for someone to make me an offer & if I'm interested I can check their want list & see if I have anything they're looking for or I will send a list of what I can offer in trade
    Which would pretty much depend on how bad I wanted what they were offering
    If it's something I really wanted I might offer up something that I would normally never let go of

I've been collecting plants for a good 10 years now & pretty much have most of what I "KNOW" I want other than ones I can't afford or am not willing to spend the money on like I would love a N. Hamata but I'm not willing to pay upwards of $200+ for a 2 to 4 inch seedling
    Then there's plants like Monotropa Uniflora or Hydnora Africana that sadly I'm sure I'll never acquire

Which really sucks 'cause I'm dying for a new plant(s) but can't find anything I want

So I'm Hoping Someone Has Something That I Don't Know About That Interests Me

Again going to more than likely sound like an @$$ / SORRY
    But if it's a plant I can buy at pretty much any nursery or on eBay chances are I'm not interested in it or I would already have it
    + I also sell plants so value also plays a part
    Like I listed the rooted Nep cutting I had posted here a few weeks ago for sale on a CP site after not getting any offers I was interested in

Case in point on value
    I was offered (on another site) a Tacca Chanterii rhizome for one of the Neps
    Which I sold for $40 on the CP site
    I declined the offer because one I already have T. Chanterii & two if I didn't Wellsprings has live plants for $4.95 or I could get two rhizome on eBay for $5.99

So to be honest
    No I'm not willing to trade a plant that I can sell for $40 + pay like $8 to ship it for a plant I can buy for $5

If you made it this far thanx for reading my rambling / LOL

Happy Gardening

• debdov
    11 years ago

Would you be interested in red dragon fruit cactus(hylocereus undatus) ? Deb.

• dethcheez
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Deb

Thanx for the offer / Appreciate it
    But going to pass / Sorry

• txaggiegirl
    11 years ago

Yea, dethcheez! Beautifully said...and I applaud your courage for the response. Thanks.

• SmokyMist
    11 years ago

I have a good list of Carnivorous plants, and would be interested in named varieties of the same, if you'd like to email me. I do not list them on my 'have' list.

Sponsored