Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jilllovesplants

have : musa ae ae

jilllovesplants
15 years ago

3 one gallons left, looking for varigated clivias, or other rare plants, i have a little tradde list started,please let me know if you have anything that im looking for, thanks!

Jill

Comments (23)

• gardendee
    15 years ago

I am interested in your bananas. Please look at my list of plants to see if you will be interested in trading. Thank you.

Dee

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Is this what your looking for?

I have some if you want.

Kamil

Here is a link that might be useful: Candelabra Tree Aloe

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Hi jilllovesplants,

Welcome to Garden Web and The Plant Exchange!

I thought you might like to know there is no email link on your member page, thus no way to email you.

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
    Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
    You will then probably be asked to login in again.
    Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page, making it handy for members (potential traders) to reach you in the future.

While there editing you might want to also place your state abbreviation in the one box provided for garden zone and location. (see I am zone 5/6 S In) It is beneficial info to have when trading for many reasons. Additionally, there are some traders (myself included) who often do not respond to many posts where the location of the OP is unknown. By putting the state abbreviation in your zone box, it will be listed in your Member Page, and it will also automatically be displayed each time you post.

Happy Gardening and trading.

Sue

• bobbih
    15 years ago

I think I have a Coral Tree seedling growing in the garden . I will check later today. Let me know if you're interested. Bobbih

• Mark Fellman
    15 years ago

HI, I have a silk floss tree in a 15 gal or more tub and lots of tillandsias, bromeliads and other troicals. Where are you located? I'm in West Los Angeles.
    Thanks,
    Mark

• keiki
    15 years ago

I have variegated crinum lilys

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

I have a couple things that may interest you. Would you be sending your part of the trade first since you are new on the garden forum?

• jilllovesplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i am new! But i have lots of awsome rare plants that ive been growing and that i now have enough to trade! I love this website!

Jill

• paty99
    15 years ago

Hi Jill,
    Can you please send me the tracking info for the banana plant you shipped to me. It must have gotten lost in the mail. You said you sent it to me priority mail on the day before thanksgiving so it's been quite a while. I'm sure the post office must have lost it. You know how careless they can be!! Oh and by the way I think my emails to you have started going to your spam folder cause all the emails I've sent to you lately have gone unanswered. Please check it out.
    Thanks so much, Pat

• rayandgwenn
    15 years ago

Paty99, I hope you didn't send your part of the trade yet....

I like to give new people a break, but when they just join and suddenly want to trade 100's of dollars worth of plants, my warning flag goes up.....
    Maybe they were just lost in the mail..... but I doubt it.
    Please Jill, prove me wrong.

• bdollarbill
    15 years ago

I would jump at chance to trade for an AE AE but I also know they bring big $$ on Ebay & one could invest the cash to buy plants v/s trading IMHO but there are a few good traders like myself who like to help out fellow grower's without gaining a profit. I often trade way down to get a plant I want or to help someone out. I hope you didn't get taken on this trade!

• paty99
    15 years ago

Yeah, I didn't really think they were lost in the mail either ... the post office is pretty good around here. I sent her some EEs and a tea tree seedling. The most expensive thing I sent was the postage stamp. I figured something might be up when that's all she wanted for a AE AE banana. The worst thing about it is; you have someone like that jump on this site, scam a bunch of plants, and disapear, and then it makes it harder for people to trust everyone else.
    Oh well, if anyone lost something expensive you could file mail fraud charges against her. From what I understand you need a group of people to file to show that it is a pattern and not just an honest mistake. If anyone lost something expensive I'd be happy to file as part of your group.
    Happy gardening, Pat

• dlingy
    15 years ago

Did anyone recieve their part of the trade yet? I still haven't recieved mine. I sent her 15 cardboard palms.

• divahethr
    15 years ago

nope, Dave. I haven't gotten mine. I wish someone had gotten their end so that I could have a little hope.

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

This really ticks me off when people come here to take something for nothing. I live in southern CA; if anyone would like to send me this person's mailing address and if it's close by, I can check if there is such an address.

• bobbih
    15 years ago

Add my name to the sucker list. 3 or 4 years ago there was a person in Ca that took advantage of people just the way we've been taken advantage of. She moved from southern to central/northern Ca. Maybe she has resurfaced. It really makes a person afraid to trade unless they have traded with a person before. Unfortunate, between people like this and postal rates one wonders.

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Well I tried to be subtle when I asked her if she would be sending her part of the trade first in a previous email because I was suspicious from the start. Several years ago there was someone on the plant exchange who stole-from a lot of innocent gardeners. It's a shame but every now and then a bad apple shows up. Be sure to post on the rates and reviews. Unfortunately these scammers change their name and resurface.

• southlatropical
    15 years ago

Ae Ae or other very rare plants for trade on this site by a new member is bogus 99.99% of the time. Sorry you got ripped off patty99. I believe we have traded plants in the past.

• keiki
    15 years ago

I spoke to her about trading but things just weren't right and I never sent anything figuring it was a scam. Sorry to hear of anyone getting taken.

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

I had emailed her if she would sell one of the pups, but she never responded -- good thing! I still think her street name and zip code in Lompoc should be posted for any future scams from this address. Of course she/he can always use a different address.

• trini1trini
    15 years ago

I think some of us experienced traders should warn others who are not used to scammers like this when we see it happening. I am sorry I saw the post too late or I would have warned folks to get their plants before they mailed anything.

15 years ago

Would someone who has had a bad trade with her please go and start a review thread?...making the Subject line something like jilllovesplants Lompoc CA NEGATIVE!

15 years ago

Thankfully there is now a review thread started. The link is below if anyone else cares to add a review and more info on this member.

Does anyone know if this is that member named MIA that has plagued GW for years and years...always returning, just like a bad penny?

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: jilllovesplants review

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA