Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: stapelia wanted

Posted by flower.baby none (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 15:52

Hi everyone :) I'm new to this site and ive just started collecting houseplants this year.
I'm a 21 year old mom of a 2 year old girl.
my grandmother is the one who got me interested in house plants.
She always had her living room filled with plants, and the ones that really stuck out at to me Were her huge Hoya, her giant Christmas cactus, her red orchid cactus, and a stapelia.. I have large "starts" from each of her Old plants, but her stapelia died a few years ago. I really want one to add to my collection!! I've searched at lowes, home depot, wal mart, Fred
Meyer, the grange co op, and every other plant nursery in our valley for the past year and I've never seen one. I even had my mom check at the nurseries around where she lies in california, and she's never seen one either.
Anyone have one that that are willing to sell, trade, or give away?
I have to trade: red orchid cactus cuttings, pink orchid cactus cuttings, white night blooming cereus cuttings, pregnant onion start, curly spider "bonnie" start, dragon fruit seeds, white Christmas cactus cutting, and salmon/coral chrisas cactus cutting.

I really want a stapelia or dogtail or rat tail cactus.
Or any other rare house plants. Thanks!
-Amber

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: stapelia wanted

I could send unrooted cuttings.

o

Bgp123
Awesome thanks! Are you interested in something I have to trade or do you just want me to pay postage?

o

I could use a pink and red orchid cactus cutting. I too am new to this so what is the next step? Can I not simply post my e-mail address?

o

I'm not sure about the email addresses, I will just email you and we can go from there.

o

Oops, I went to your page and your email is not listed. You can just email me. Just make sure to let me know who you are and what the email is about :) jadcm2007@yahoo.com

o

Amber, I sent an email 3-4 days ago requesting your address and have had no response. Do you still want the stapelia?
Thanks,
Bobby

o

Bobby
I never received an email, but yes I am still interested :)

o

Amber,
I replied to your email on Nov 27th. Please email me at: xworks@suddenlink.net as I am mailing some other stuff tomorrow and would like to do it all with one trip to town.
Thanks,
Bobby

o
RE: wanted:Peniocereus greggii cuttings

Want Peniocereus greggii cutting in exchange for stapelia cuttings or others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here