Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomato345

HAVE: Raspberry & Blackberry bareroot to a good home

tomato345
9 years ago

I need to clear an area that is covered with healthy and vigorous blackberry and raspberry bush. I am not certain what varietals they are but they can tolerate partial shade (need about 4 hours of sunlight). The blackberries yield better with more sunlight but it doesn't seem to matter with the raspberries. There has been no pesticide or fertilizer applied to this area.

The blackberries need a longer or warmer growing season since its fruits ripen late into Nov here in NJ. With the cold weather this month, most of the fruits are not ripen. Both fruits are tasty when ripen and they are pretty good size.

Both plants tolerate cold very well but my guess is the blackberries should be planted in warmer climate with longer season in order to allow all fruits to ripe.

The raspberries are already dormant but the blackberries are still active.

I am not certain when is the best time to dig them up and ship them.

Please email me of your interests, amount and zone.

You only pay for the USPS priority mail and paypal fees if it applies.

I want to find a good home for these healthy plants instead of throwing them away.

Comments (22)

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Hi! Does your raspberry plant produce all season or just one crop a season? If one crop, is it a spring or fall crop? THanks

• rockyroad1973
    9 years ago

I would be interested in some of your raspberry plants. I don't know how many, I would guess as many as would fit in one of them " if it fit it ships" boxes from the post office.

• winter15
    9 years ago

I would love to have as many black and red raspberrys plants as you can spare.I will send postage. send probably in long box. thanks for the offer d

• caw_in_zn5
    9 years ago

Do you have any left?? I would love to try them. Let me know what size box they will need and I'll cover the shipping cost.

Cheryl

• Kathy Johnson
    9 years ago

Do you have anymore for postage? If so I would love some. I don't have paypal but I can snail mail if that's ok, just let me know how much. My zip is 71740.

• donna.frost.ky.girl
    9 years ago

I live in ky and we are starting an edible garden i have a blackberry plant that dors well but fruit isnot sweet, i have never traded or recieved plants before do i need your address to mail postage? Pleade email me or call606 307-0758-

• winter15
    9 years ago

any plants left?????let me know

• Grandpagoose615
    9 years ago

Would love both red and black berries. Do you have any left. Let me know and I will send postage

• winter15
    9 years ago

never heard back, no reply

• tomato345
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry for not replying recently. I did reply to the first few people who responded.

Here is the update:

1. The ground has been frozen so digging them up now won't do the plants any good

2. I am relocating to CA but CA is usually pretty strict about bringing plants over so I need to do more research on that matter.
    Currently, I am overwhelmed with packing, house hunting etc .. I hope my plan B would work so some of you still can get these nice plants.

As I mentioned to some before, when you reply via email, please states the size of the plot you are going to plant them and sun exposure (hours of sunlight) and your hardiness zone so I know which one(s) and how many to send you.

I often get reply wanting as many plants as possible. Well, some of these have prolific runners and can overrun an area in couple seasons. Planting more than the area can handle means you have to rip out lots of plants later and your plants aren't as strong and productive as they can be.

Also, if you have any idea of the most effective way(time & cost) to send this, please let me know.

• arden_gw
    9 years ago

Would love to have both..I'm in South Pasadena California zone 10and these would go into the ground on the side of my house and also in my earth box where they will get 6-8 hours of sun.

Maybe a big priority shipping box?

Thank you!!
    Christine

• sunshine98
    9 years ago

If you have any left to share I would greatly appreciate it as we have a new home and no plants. I live in zone 9b and have 90 square ft along the back fence same in the front yard both which recieve 8-10 hours of sun. I also have shady and half sun areas. As you asked the most effective way to send as to time and cost would be I believe flat rate as you can pack a box full tightly as the weight doesn't matter in these ( regular boxing price depends on the weight of the parcel). Flat rate come in $7.95, $9.95, and $12.95 sizes and take one or two days to arrive at their destination providing you post on Monday , Tuesday, or Wednesday at latest. Hope this helps. smiles..Oh Plz if you chose me as one of the lucky ones I can send postage through Paypal or snailmail.
    Sincerely and respectfully,
    sunshine98

• Grandpagoose615
    9 years ago

I live in Minnesota and would like to plant some blacKberries and have approximately 100 square feet that receives sun the majority of the day. I think a flat rate box of $9.95 would work. If I am lucky enough to get some, please let me,know and I will send payment to you via snail mail. Thanks again for considering me.

• seydoux
    9 years ago

With the current weather I am sure you cannot dig them now, but if you are still able to give some away I live in Southeast PA, zone 7 on 6.3 acres. I can give them either a north or south exposure. Please let me know how much you would nee for postage

• amykatsy
    9 years ago

I'm interested also when the ground softens enough for them to be dug up. Great offer!!

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    9 years ago

Me too!
    ernie 85017 at cox dot net

• Kathy Johnson
    9 years ago

I am having problems with email thru GardenWeb. I am interested in any black or raspberry plants. I may be wrong, but I'm thinking here would be the best way to mail: knock off as much dirt as possible. Wrap roots in dampened paper towels or newspaper, then in saran wrap. Since there's thorns, I would then wrap the whole plant in a couple layers of newspaper just to keep the thorns from getting fingers. Stick in a priority box for shipping. Please let me know if you will have enough for me so I can get the postage to you.

• PRO
    Papa Rootz
    9 years ago

I am interested when they are ready to send. LMK

• Wild Haired Mavens
    9 years ago

Hi I'd be interested in raspberry and blackbery for two earth boxes in partial shade x one 10. I would like a small box of the suckers

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Id love some of both please let me know if you have any left. whatever you can fit in a small flat rate box would be fine. or i can send you some daffodils?

• calokie Ables
    9 years ago

If there are any left, I'd love some too! Let me know abt the postage? Flat rate box would be great!

• plantsforever
    9 years ago

Please let me know if you have either or both left. I'd be happy to get whatever you have. Flat rate box would be ideal.

Thanks

Sponsored