Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Have: Guava, Passion fruit, Loquat,Cherry moya , Ixora.

Posted by fluffybonbon 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 21:49

I have these seedlings to trade ,they are about less than 10 inches with lot of root .
I am looking for Ylang vine,Ylang ylang plant or tropical .
Email me to trade, thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Have: Guava, Passion fruit, Loquat,Cherry moya , Ixora

I have climbing ylang ylang. cherimoya would be nice if they did well in SWFL. Do you have other edibles? I am interested in fruits as well as perrineal edibles like cool geens, sunchockes, or large amounts of sprouting seeds or large amounts of bean seeds. I will trade for anything that I can use that would be less expensive than shipping. Examples include homemade soaps or lotions, honey, items you have canned etc.

o

Hi Keiki, Cherimoya grown well in FD , these seedlings from my friend who has the tree in SFD .
Where are you ? if your climate warm like tropical , it should grow well , I heard they can bare fruit in 3 years .
I also have red wax jambu seedling , loquat seedling , red guava as well.They all edible .
How big is your climbing ylang ?

o

I am in sw FL. Cherimoya does not do welll here I sure wish they dd. I have climbing ylang ylang from 6 to 24" tall. Maybe we can trade another time

o

I am in sw FL. Cherimoya does not do welll here I sure wish they dd. I have climbing ylang ylang from 6 to 24" tall. Maybe we can trade another time

o

I hve 2 different types of cherimoya , do you want other ?
I can not email you direct , can you email me ?
I will send the pic of them to you.

o

• Posted by mark4321 10a CA Sunset 16/17 (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 21, 13 at 20:40

I've also heard that Cherimoyas don't do well in Florida's heat, as they are from pretty high up in the Andes.

However, Atemoyas, which are hybrids of Cherimoya and the related Sugar Apple (Annona squamosa x Annona cherimola) are grown in South Florida. The taste is supposed to be similar enough that the two fruits get confused.

Joy, any chance that your friend grows Atemoya instead of Cherimoya?

Here is a link that might be useful: Article on Atemoya

o

Yes atemoya's do well. You dont happen to have one to trade do you? Sorry about the email thing. I can't seem to keep it linked to gw. You can reach me at ladygardener 1 at comcast dot net

o

I do have several seedlings of Atemoya to trade.
I will email you with the pic .
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here