Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indiana_matt

WANTED: White Christmas Cactus Cuttings

indiana_matt
9 years ago

I would love to get some white christmas cactus cuttings. I have red cuttings to trade.

Comments (9)

• CrazyPlantLady1
    9 years ago

Hi Indiana.Matt.
    I would be happy to send you some white cuttings, but right now they are jam-packed with buds waiting to bloom. I don't need any red ones though. I have several different colors. Do you have any other houseplants to offer? Can you wait until my blooms fade? If so, i can hook you up with a bunch of cuttings. =)

• indiana_matt
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wonderful! I will be glad to wait until it is finished flowering. I don't have any other house plants right now. :(
    I would be more than happy to send postage.
    I might also be interested in your Aechmea - Del Mar pups.

Now, I'm in Indiana and it is going into winter now. I got my Christmas cactus as cuttings in a trade in the winter and they handled the winter mailing just fine. I do have a PO box you can send them to, so they won't be sitting in my mailbox outside in the cold.
    Do you have or know anyone who has ficus benjamina trees? I would love some cuttings.

Let me know, thanks!
    Matthew Condon
    Indiana.Matt

• CrazyPlantLady1
    9 years ago

I also have yellow, too. Would you like some of those?

• CrazyPlantLady1
    9 years ago

This is my white Christmas cactus momma plant for reference.

• CrazyPlantLady1
    9 years ago

I just saw where you were also looking for ficus.....I have Ficus Alli (cuttings), Benjamina Neon (cuttings) and Benjamina Too Little (two small rooted cuttings). It looks like I'm a one-stop shopping trip for you....LOL

• indiana_matt
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh my...so much to choose from.

Ok, put me down for:
    1. White Christmas Cactus
    2. Yellow Christmas Cactus
    3. Ficus Benjamina Neon (I think that is the one I was actually looking for.)

I only need a few cutting of each cactus. Nothing crazy, just enough to get me started.

Are ficus easy to root? Just send whatever you think I should have of the ficus. Can you take a photo of the ficus for me?

Thanks,
    Matthew Condon
    Indiana.Matt

• CrazyPlantLady1
    9 years ago

Ficus neon is named after the lighter and brighter green new growth. These leaves darken with age.

• CrazyPlantLady1
    9 years ago

And some leaves have a variegation along the midrib that fades with time.

I have started many ficus from cuttings, but only in the warmer months. I took cuttings last night, placed them in water and have them on a heat mat to see if that will get them going quickly for you.

• indiana_matt
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I like it!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz