Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Mulberry Cuttings

Posted by wildforager 5b-WI (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 17:30

Hello,

I'm looking for mulberry tree cuttings for grafting. I have some seedlings that I would like to graft named varieties onto. I might be interested in mulberries that are not named but have really good flavor. You can see my trade list for ideas of what I have. I will also have a wide variety of other fruit tree cuttings in the next month or so. I graft a lot of trees this time of year. Hope to hear from you!

-Little John

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Mulberry Cuttings

wildforager,
Hello again.We talked a little on the Fruit forum about Cornus mas.I do have a Wellington Mulberry that was planted last year that had put on about 4-5 feet of new growth last Summer.It needs to be cut a little.I have a couple of Russian White Mulberry plants in pots that I am going to try to graft to,but will have plenty extra.Most is pencil thickness and a bit smaller.If that can be used,then I can send some.
I also saw your want list.I have a bunch of Pawpaw seedlings grown from seed this year.There are three main varieties.Ones from the Kentucky Champion tree,which is big,others came out of two fruits from a tree in Fremont,California,the only Pawpaw I tasted,which was very good.The grower,Bill Merrill said the tree was a cross between Corwin Davis and a local San Jose grower's.The other plants I have came from a mix of seeds sent to me by Benny L.,a member on the Fruit forum,who lives in Tennessee.They are all fairly small plants,about 6-8 inches.Let me know if interested in any.Brady

This post was edited by Bradybb on Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 4:09

o

Brady, You don't have your email activated on your GW profile. Please contact me, I'm interested in a trade!!

Thanks, Little John

o

Okay thanks,now people can send me email.My email is bradybusch@yahoo.com.Brady

o

I am not sure what kind I have here, but the tree was here when we moved in. It grows great, and produces tons and tons of fruit! I have never eaten them, but the neighbourhood kids love to come eat the fruits lol

o

TMG, got any pictures of the tree or fruit?

o

I could not find any photos of the tree its self, but I do have a photo of one of the berries :) - Sorry, it is not the best quality, as I took it while playing around with my new camera :)

o

I am interested in getting some mulberry cuttings or trees that are actually female. I have a good-sized tree that I watch for fruit every year, it develops abundant structures the look like fruiting buds, but fails to flower, so I guess it must be male. I have been unable to find reliably sexed mulberry trees from commercial sources, so I'm not sure how to get any fruit from any mulberry tree I have planted. Where can I get some help on this? I have been trying for over 10 years. Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here