Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

WANTED: Aristolochia grandiflora

mark4321_gw
11 years ago

I'm looking for either a rooted cutting (preferably) or unrooted cuttings of Aristolochia grandiflora.

Aristolochia grandiflora is one of the huge-flowered tropical Aristolochias. It's sometimes confused with Aristolochia gigantea, which also has huge flowers, but lacks the long tail found at the bottom of A. grandiflora. I give a link to a Wikipedia photo of A. grandiflora at the bottom.

For trade, as far as other Aristolochias, I have A. macroura rooted and ready to go. I also have a hybrid I picked up at the UC Botanical Garden in Berkeley: A. durior x elegans, which is described as "Hardy giant Dutchman's pipe. Spectacular and unusual 8" maroon flowers adorn this vine through summer months." A. durior is a zone 4 plant, and I've been trying to find any information as to how hardy this hybrid is. I've just rooted the first of these cuttings.

Other plants that I can trade, and are ready, include:

Impatiens namchabarwensis, I. tinctoria, I. flanaganae (tubers)

Begonia luxurians

Calceolaria perfoliata (C. tomentosa?) grows into a large 8+ ft. "vine". All related vining Calceolarias have large yellow pocket book flowers.

Deppea splendens, D. obtusiflora

Agapetes serpens (also A. hosseana and A. smithiana Major, rooted but not ready)

In a couple weeks the following edible tubers will be ready:

Edibles: Oca (Oxalis tuberosa, 2+ varieties), Mashua (Tropaeolum tuberosum)

I also am rooting, or can root, a variety of Passifloras: 'Mission Dolores', membranacea, sanguinolenta, loefgrenii, exoniensis, etc.

I have other plants as well that I've propagated or can propagate, although I don't have a current list.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:78572}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz