Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irish_rose_grower

Did you see the pic of the pink Columbine on GW?

irish_rose_grower
15 years ago

I read a thread somewhere on GW and a poster had a pic of the most beautiful pink columbine. It said it reminded them of a pink ballerina.

I NEED (lol) to get some of these seeds but can't find the thread to ask the poster what the name of the columbine is. Anyone remember seeing this on GW?

Thanks

Maureen

Comments (11)

• dorisl
    15 years ago

might it be doroty rose?

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I NEED (lol) to get some of these seeds
    I'm sorry, but your use of NEED sounds like you might be suffering from that Seed Addiction and that you must be experiencing cravings. Might that be the case?

How long ago did you see it?

After 24 hours or so after posting, you should be able to find it by doing a search of your member name,columbine, pink ballerina

I hope you find it.

Sue...empathizing

Here is a link that might be useful: Dorothy Rose

• irish_rose_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

doris1 - thanks for responding. I don't think it's Dorothy Rose -- it was a very delicate looking flower and the person said it reminded them of a ballerina, and it really did.

Hi Sue. How are you?? Yes, I NEED them. I'm obsessing over it:-) LOL but it's true..... I just saw the post about a week ago.

Hope I can find it..........
    by the way, I also NEED some of your eggs and bacon daff's (or eggs and butter??). Hope to be able to trade for some come spring.

Thanks again.
    Maureen

15 years ago

I just saw the post about a week ago.
    hmm...then I'd think it 'should' be found via the search here.

by the way, I also NEED some of your eggs and bacon daff's (or eggs and butter??). Hope to be able to trade for some come spring.
    If you'll set up an email link on your member Page, they are yours! No email links bug the crap out of me, but please don't take it personal. It just seems that so many new members (25% to 50%) don't have a link. Is there a reason why you have never put a link on your page? I have seen where you have posted your email addy on the boards, which is far riskier than an email link.

I 'think' I have a very old email from you about the daffs. Though some emails get buried in the back pages, I aim to in time reply to them all if a reply is in order.

My whole life and everything in it is in a state of behind

Sue

• SusanC
    15 years ago

Maybe the "Pink Bonnets" columbine at T&M?

Here is a link that might be useful: Aquilegia vulgaris, 'Pink Bonnets'

• irish_rose_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue -- you are so funny. OK, I'll add my email link if it will get me those daff's:-)

Kidding, but I will. I had my email address link then someone said take it off because of lots of spam.?? I'll put it back on.

Susanc - I took a look at the pic -- sure is pretty but I'm not sure if it's the same one (sometimes pics of the same flower look different). I hoping the person who posted their pic will see this.

15 years ago

I had my email address link then someone said take it off because of lots of spam.?? I'll put it back on.
    I choose the option of showing my addy to Members. That way if a member is getting the follow-up replies via email, they can then just click on 'reply' to reply to my email. It is certainly not as dangerous as posting the full address in a post on a forum.
    Found this on the net...Spammers have programs which spider through web pages, looking for email addresses

I'm sorry, I sure meant to get back with you long before now, and hope you find your Ballerina Columbine.

Sue

• irish_rose_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, I didn't know there is an option for "members only" to see my email add.

I'm confused. Let me ask you a Question. When you start a thread, do you get the replies sent to your email? I used to a long time ago and then it stopped. (could it be when I removed my email address?)

I will not list my email address in a post again now that I see what you found on the net.

Ballerina where are you?????

Maureen

• irish_rose_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, I did it. You can send me an email from my member page. (Can I get the daff's now?? Pls?)

Still nothing on this pink columbine....driving me nuts. I'm going to eat....

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Maureen,
    Was it Tower Pink?
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful:

15 years ago

Sue, I didn't know there is an option for "members only" to see my email add.
    You have it figured out now though...right?

Let me ask you a Question. When you start a thread, do you get the replies sent to your email?
    I often have the follow-up replied sent to my email. It really depends upon the thread I start.

If it is a trade post, or an actual gardening question, I do check the box for follow-ups.

If it is for providing info (like the !@#$ Postage mess) or just a friendly chatter type post here on Conversations, I don't check the box.

If I start a review thread for a member at The Rate and Review Forum I don't check the box, though I have noticed that some other members do occasionally. I sure don't want someone elses reviews coming into my email for years to come.

I used to a long time ago and then it stopped. (could it be when I removed my email address?)
    I'm not sure, but I rather doubt it.

A long time ago, maybe 2 years or so, the follow-ups started to be unreliable about coming through to the email. I'm not sure if they are now all reliably coming through or not.

Sue...off to email you now