Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
token28001

I need an intervention

token28001
15 years ago

I have two outstanding trades to complete. This isn't counting the swap I'm hosting. I already have more seeds than I can honestly take care of this spring, and still consider trading for more all the time. So I'm asking, please don't let me trade for anymore seeds. Not even if I beg and plead. At least not until June.

- My name is Tom, and I'm a seedaholic.

Comments (31)

• bigred
    15 years ago

Welcome Tom. My name is Peggy...I'm a seedaholic too.
    If I stop you...who's gonna stop me?

• dorisl
    15 years ago

this "Intervention" you are looking for, is it a hybrid or an heirloom variety?

shade or sun? annual or perennial?

:)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

What's your favorite color, Tom? Just one more won't hurt. What are you gonna put in those containers by the porch? Nik

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Doris, that is just evil. I think it's a succulent actually. Sucks every single stamp out of my hand just as fast as I can buy them.

I don't have any containers by the porch. They were getting in the way of the trellis :)

Peggy, no one stops any of us, do they?

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

You think you have too many seeds???

Well.... I think you need to get another container to keep them in, then the new container will be empty and you won't think you have too many seeds.... you will think you need MORE seeds....

That's what I did.

:D
    Andrea

• bigred
    15 years ago

Containers for seeds? I have a big one. It's called a frigerator. Hub's got tired of finding more seeds,bulbs and pots of soil w/seeds stratify in the kitchen frig than food so he bought me second hand one just for my seeds. TOP THAT! HA!....and it's full right now and I'm still trolling the seed exchange and marking pages in catalogs for MORE SEEDS!I just got my small seed lot permit submitted and waiting for the forums and labels so I can order MORE SEEDS out of the UK.

Tom...NO ONE CAN STOP US...Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

I need to do some more WS so I can have more room in frig for MORE SEEDS!

Peggy

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

My name is Tom, and I'm a seedaholic.

Tom, I can help. Just send me your addy, and I will send you some seeds, err I mean some helpful literature to aid in getting your addiction under control.

Sue...(a known enabler)

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, when I went looking for wormwood seeds, you offered to send me a piece of your plant! You're the worst!

15 years ago

You're the worst!

Thank you. I take that as a compliment, and had forgotten, but the offer still stands. I noticed today that there were some young shoots up near the house that seem to have been unfazed by the extreme winter temps we have had off and on these past weeks. They looked like they were ready for spring and to be sent to you.

Sue

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got my hands on a few seeds. Let's see if they sprout. If they do, I'll be pawning off my plants on people too. :)

• bigred
    15 years ago

Don't pawn those surplus plants! Sell them at your local farmers market to make money for MORE SEEDS!! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

YAY! My small seed lot permit came yesterday! Now I place my order for all them there purdy variegated,gold and purple leafed seeds from the UK. YAY!

Wormwood? Wormwood? Which one? I have lots of mugwort/artemisia vulgaris. Someone in need of being enabled?

Peggy the O/C seeds collector

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Peggy, I'm not sure which wormwood it is. The package only said "artemisia". I guess we'll find out come spring. If the three plants I bought this summer return, which I doubt, I might be in for more wormwood than I thought. I don't even remember WHERE I planted them. So stop enabling me!

pssst...I'll let you know. ;)

15 years ago

hmmm.......I always thought that if you planted just one small artemesia plant, of some varieties, it was way more than one really wanted or needed.

Hmmm...I just read where Sweet Annie is a wormwood. I planted one small plant years ago, and it went to seed, and now Sweet Annie still pops up here and there in beds, and in the veggie garden.

I wonder if the Oriental Limelight comes true from seed. I've had it years, and it has spread a good bit, but don't remember noticing any 'solid' green plants. I imagine it has dropped seeds, and grown seedlings, besides spreading by underground runners, like Johnson Grass.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Oriental Limelight Artemisia

• bigred
    15 years ago

Tom,
    I have plenty of seeds for mugwort so just let me know. Oh? You said to stop enabling you...right?...LOL

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Doris,
    "this "Intervention" you are looking for, is it a hybrid or an heirloom variety?" LOL!!

Tom,
    You are talking to the wrong crowd! : )
    Remy

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You people are just awful. I'm out of stamps now. I went to the post office today to mail the second to last trade. I didn't even purchase a book of stamps.

Here I am in the middle of hosting a swap with all these seeds and you want to send me more. Shame on you.

psst. I'll let you know. Thanks!!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

there is no hope...my family calls me a "seed junky"...LOLOL

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

I am a seedaholic. If you find a cure PLMK. :-)

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• bigred
    15 years ago

Well,my seed order from the U.K is on it's way and other purchased seeds have arrived as well as last trades. I can't possibily plant all the darn seeds I now have in one season yet here I am daily(some times several times daily)and on other garden forums STILL looking for trades.

I've sewn all the perennials I can until U.K. seeds arrive.It'll be a few more weeks before I can start annuals outside in un-heated greenhouse. I just took the cole crop seedlings off the heat mat to start hardening off process and for room to start tomatoes,peppers,eggplants and herbs. I've even taken the pillows on cushions off my window seat so hub's can rig up lights over it for more growing area.

I GOTTA STOP!!!
    Peggy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

~ROFLMAO~
    And you're looking for an intervention from fellow seed junkies? HAHAHA We will be happy to support your problem...problem is we don't have a problem hehe :)

Next time I'll send a nice big special batch with the 21/21 just for you :oD I'll accidentally forget to put in the pamphlet for SAA= SeedAholics Anonymous.

Now, back to my 3 3-ring binders, 4 baskets and 2 shoe boxes of seeds...they need sorting again today :) ...thinking out loud...Okay I have two pkgs of those...but only one package of those..gotta find more...three pkgs of those...Ohhh I need another color of those...

• bigred
    15 years ago

Not exactly intervention...misery loves company.

Remember me? I'm the one with the frig just for seeds,bulbs,bags of seeds stratisfing...etc....so pish-shaw on your 3 binders,4 baskets and 2 shoe boxes....LOL

I've got a few small pots of ornamentals on the heat mat and I just got aristolochia fimbriata seeds that I have a few soaking so I can sew them. That takes me up to 5 different types of aristolochia.I've go some mexican pocketbook plants I want to sew but I'm afraid it might be to early.I've got impatien balfourii sprouted and way too leggy and it's a long time before I can set them out.The roselle seedlings are too leggy too....but one the upside...the aristolochia galeata is looking good...not leggy at all.

I hope it's warm enough today so I can go out to the greenhouse to look at all my WS pots out there. Last time I looked,I had diantus knappii sprouting.Maybe I'll WS some more types of dianthus today.I also a lot of my early spring woodlanders are poking up out of the ground a bit in the greenhouse. Green sprouts make me feel a whole lot better.

IS IT SPRING YET!!!! I WANT OUT!!
    Spring doesn't officially start until March 20th....our last predicted frost date is April 15....that's Tooooooooo Loooooonnnnggg to wait!

Peggy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Hahaha...Yeah, but Peggy, when did you start collecting? My join date was Sept 29, 2008. I can see that frig coming in the very near future lol. Actually, I'm jealous that you have a special frig and I don't :). When I read that, I looked at DH and decided I'd wait until Fall to ask :)

Ohh and do you ever get packges of home collected seeds and see some other mysterious type mixed in? I think I was more excited about the unknown seeds than I was about the ones I knew what they were.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Hahaha...Yeah, but Peggy, when did you start collecting? My join date was Sept 29, 2008. I can see that frig coming in the very near future lol. Actually, I'm jealous that you have a special frig and I don't :). When I read that, I looked at DH and decided I'd wait until Fall to ask :)

Ohh and do you ever get packges of home collected seeds and see some other mysterious type mixed in? I think I was more excited about the unknown seeds than I was about the ones I knew what they were.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

I see it's still got the glitch :o/ Sorry for the double post.

• divahethr
    15 years ago

I got sent home from work for being sick and stopped at 3 stores and bought seeds. Ok i'm only saying this to help don't go to target if you are looking for white eyed susan vine or borage or oops there it is.

• bigred
    15 years ago

LOL..dirtdiggin,I can just imagine the look you gave the hub's....LOLOL

Diva,
    too feel really well...buy seeds AND chocolate..*G*

I feel your pain. I had my wretched germy DGD over the weekend. She went home but the germs stayed ad I've felt crudy for 2-3 days now.

• knittlin
    15 years ago

Doris, that is just evil. I think it's a succulent actually. Sucks every single stamp out of my hand just as fast as I can buy them. I have that one! Not sure where it is since I never seem to be able to find it to get rid of it. I do know it's terribly invasive. And that I have it for sure. Whatcha' wanta' trade for it, Tom?

Linda, who's got a bigger fridge than she had when she used to trade seeds here in '99-'03

• daisy_lee
    15 years ago

Hi Tom,

You are a seedaholic and have an addiction, which sadly there is no cure. So why not trade some more with another seedaholic and be happy! Take a peak at my seed list and let's trade! LOL You can never have too many seeds!

Daisy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

its bad being out of stamps isn't it!! sasbe them!! you'll get some stamps. then you can uhhhh,,,, have some stamps for when you need them. ya, that's the story i'll stick with!! LOL
    i'm bad, i see seeds and i just can't help it, my hand takes over the keys!! LOL so now my mom is gonna help me organize these seeds and how did she put it? alphabeticalize them and sub catogorize them. cuz of all the tomato's i have and all the cosmos and zinnia's. well the last two are tabors actually. but we are sticking them all together. since he doesn't want to harvest them. LOL
    did you know that rabbits are just as bad as cats?? MY!!! LOL
    i may have some extry's if ya want tom!! **big fat grinn** want some?? i mean ya really can have them!! **teasing grinn** ~Medo who is NOT a seedaholic!! **total denial**

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You people are no help. Since I posted this I've moved on to trading plants instead of seeds. WHOLE PLANTS! At least I got my willow and red twig dogwood cuttings. And some corkscrew willow. And some kiwi cuttings. And some double mock orange. And some confederate rose. And figs. And....

Lord, I need another seed rack in the basement. 51 days til spring. It's really too early to start seeds, but I couldn't help myself.

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago

O.K I'm new to GW (3 weeks)and I really need intervention
    I can not walk by my computer without reading something anything about flowers, birds or trades.

Should I run now...LOL OOPs to late i am already in too deep.