Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosepedal_gw

Safety First!!!!!!!!Check your envelopes

rosepedal
15 years ago

Have you ever got a bubble in and turned it upside down to take out the seed envys.....All of a sudden there are seeds all over the floor....

I am bringing this up because of babies, children and animals.

I recently had a envy with seeds in the bottom and they went all over the floor and my three dogs went after them. One of those seeds that hit the floor was a castor bean. Please check you envies for loose seeds before putting your seed envelopes in them. I would hate for any kids or animals to get hurt.

Lets all remeber safety first...Happy trading....Barb

Comments (6)

• disneynut1977 ~ Melissa
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting this Barb. I never thought of that. Hopefully none of my recent trades had loose seed in them.

Melissa

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

How sweet of you to make sure we are aware of this,it is a very good point Barb! I have had seeds fly out on me before,but thankfully, I do all my seed business in the basement for the most part,the goofy cat that would eat them isnt allowed in the basement,because she is indeed goofy,and the cat that is allowed in the basement doesnt eat anything but cat food and junk food,yes he is a cat after my own heart...of course I meant about the junk food...lol..
    Thanks for the tip,it will not only potentially save someone a hospital visit or hefty vet bill or worse...it could help save seeds too! :)
    Hugs to you and thanks for looking out for us! :)

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

"Thanks for the tip,it will not only potentially save someone a hospital visit or hefty vet bill or worse...it could help save seeds too! :)"Upon re-reading this I realized that it sounds like I am saying that the seeds would be the worst part...I meant a fatality as the worse not the seeds....lol...

• rosepedal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Angie my favorite trader of all! How are you girlfriend? I am so happy to hear from you. I dont see you posting too much. I heard from Michelle which was fantastic! Always nice to hear from girlfriends we all started out with. I wouldnt be here without you two starting me out and a few others. I just want everyone safe as you do too... I owe you a email..Give me some time..Goofing off too much...LOL

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Hi you two!! ((((HUGS))))
    that is so funny!! i just turned an envi over today, which i never do, because i'm always afraid i'll get something freaky!! LOL like a spider? if it crawled in there accidently?? ya know me, :') but i was so anxious and busy yacking with talla i forgot and without thinking it came out, but nothing bad came out. so that was awesome!! **big grinn** thank goodness!! how weird that youd' bring that up!!?? LOL i'm glad your puppies are ok. :') ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

Strange you should mention this. I actually received a bubble envelope that had loose seeds in it...no small plastic envy, just seeds! I had a devil of a time getting those tiny seeds out of the creases in the bubbles.

Last week I received squash seeds that were in a paper towel. When I took them out of the regular envelope (no bubble wrap), they began to spill all over me and the floor. Some had been ground up by the postal equipment.

Who said seed swapping wasn't a daily challenge LOL!

Medo....I'm always cautious about putting my hand in the envelope to pull the envies out...never know what else might be lurking in there LOL.

Peggy

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services