Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikkineel

Off topic, I need advise...

nikkineel
15 years ago

Hey all, I need help. I lost my wedding rings and I've searched my house over, including the big clean up before Christmas. The last time I remember having them on is the Sunday before Christmas. Anyone else ever do this? Any ideas on where to look? I've looked in all of the obvious places I put them when I take them off. Desperately seeking help. Nikki

Comments (25)

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Shoot, I meant to put this in the conversation section! Nikki

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Shoot, I meant to put this in the conversation section. Nikki

• conniesc
    15 years ago

here is my advice.. walk-through your day and try to remember what u were doing right before or right after u last remember having them. I have found the strangest things in my refrig. Instead of placing the item I meant to put in there, the wrong item made it in.

• jaynine
    15 years ago

when we moved into our house, i found an ancestor's wedding ring in her recipe box, as if she took it off to knead dough or something.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

If you did indeed lose them in the house, they will show up. When you're not looking for them. Unless of course they went into the trash can or down a drain.

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

Were you winter sowing? Did you leave them in the potting shed? Or in the pocket of the apron or shirt?

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Bless your heart. I hope you find them. Were you wrapping presents maybe? I never take mine off. I know I would lose them if I did. I'm always looking for my cell phone or keys.

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Nikki, hope you found them, you've been given some great suggestions , one I use most often is what Connie said...go thru the recent steps, even in mind only, it often works.

How about this one! I got a bag of seashells at a garage sale last year, on the way home, admiring the seashells I noticed something gold among them, it was a wedding band! Then another one, 20 k gold!! Brought them back to the lady who thanked me, saying her daughter must've been playing with them. They've been put on her finger over 25 years ago!

Sure would've liked a small reward but was glad to have done it and hoped those were going to be treasured for a long time.

Good luck!

GB Bea

• brandymulvaine
    15 years ago

I would check in pockets of jeans shirts and jackets. Maybe in a coin purse? When do you usually take then off? Doing dishes,playing in the dirt,putting on lotion,cutting up chicken or messing with the turkey,kneading dough, etc... Don't forget to check the washing machine too!
    Good luck!
    -B

• gunnysack
    15 years ago

I am a nurse, A number of years ago I lost the diamond out of my ring. I was at work and I looked down at my hand and the diamond was gone.....a couple of years later it dawned on me the evening my diamond was lost I had just done a procedure and had taken off my gloves and tossed them in the trash. I am sure the diamond went to the land fill. I don't wear gloves at work anymore. I hope you find your rings. Maybe with the busy holiday season you put them someplace really out of the way.
    K.

• sandy1186
    15 years ago

Hey Nikki!

I hope you don't think this is crazy but every time I have lost something important and asked St. Anthony to help me I have found it. He is the one to ask when you lose something. Good luck!

Sandy

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi and thanks to everyone for all of the support and helpful suggestions. I have not found the rings yet. I have turned my house upside down, spent hours upon hours searching. I have looked through clothes. I will go through the clothes hanging in the closet again to be sure. I've cleaned out all drawers in my kitchen and half of the cabinets. I've pulled out the refrigerator, washer, and dryer and cleaned out underneath. Cleaned bathroom cabinets and drawers. Thankfully, they would not fit down any of my sink drains or shower except for the kitchen disposer drain. I've checked it. I dreamed I put them in a white envelope with something hard in it like a picture or a nametag with cord. Isn't that crazy? I don't know of any such envelope. After searching the house over and over, I came to the conclusion that it must have been stolen. The police have been contacted and a report filed. There have been 2 burglars caught in the neighborhood within the past month. I'm praying my rings have already been confiscated during follow-up searches, etc. Could that be the white envelope with tag? Crazy, I know. I'm praying for my angels to bring the rings back to me. The wedding band is from my grandmother's set. I have really grieved her all over again through this. Maybe, I will talk to St. Anthony, Sandy. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Thanks for listening, support, and recommendations.
    Nikki

Oh - I do know that I should've said advice not "advise" in the original post. Brains really tired...

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I keep opening this thread, hoping to read that they have been found. hmmm...envy...don't suppose you sent them out with some seeds now, do you?

I'm hoping and praying that they will indeed turn up somewhere right there in your house. Had any trash been taken away after you missed them and before you got to go through it piece by piece?

Please keep us posted. I'm sure you are very upset, given that their were family heirlooms.

Sue

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

Hope they weren't stolen.
    You might be remembering something about where you put them in your dream. Maybe new clothes that still had the tag on them or could you have been working on Christmas cards? Do you have a box where you keep Christmas cards, address book, or stamps?
    Do you ever take them off when you put on gloves?

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Take heart. I had my diamond from my engagement ring reset and for some reason it fell out. At the time I taught in a huge high school and I look at every shiny thing on the floor and of course none of them were it. I found it in a crack between the bedroom door and the sill!!! It wasn't that big a diamond either!!!Don't give up hope, you'll find it when you least expect it.

• helenh
    15 years ago

I suppose you checked the vacuum cleaner bag. Little girls will put rings or money in their little purses not stealing just playing. I lost my class ring at the swimming hole and it was returned years later. It was not valuable; it was amazing to me that the finder tracked me down. My name was not engraved on it just initials and G for the school. Look in pawn shops if you really think it was stolen.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

and grandma could be making sure your paying attn!! LOL just loosen up!! relax and when the time is right God will let it fall right back and you'll see it when your supposed to. :') that's what i always figure, **clearing throat** after i finally calm down!! **big smile** ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• scottrell
    15 years ago

I always pray to Saint Anthony also. It really does work. I hope they turn up. ~ Sharon

• redheadedninja
    15 years ago

Have you ever used a pendulum? If you definitely had them last, you kKNOW where they are (subconciously). You could start by confirming they are in the house using YES / NO and then draw a map of the house and use the pendulum on it. You can make one out of a string and heavy object or even use a necklace. Google it. I have found lost items this way before.

• stevenwayne
    15 years ago

hey guys must be a gardener thing i loose everything my wallet keys all the time id loose my head if it where t attached

• dorisl
    15 years ago

could they be in a seed envelope?

• nikkineel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was surprised to see this thread back up. There is no update really. I still don't know where my rings are. I have filed a police report and there were 2 burglars caught down the street in the same week. There was no evidence of a break in and only my rings are missing. I do not wear jewelry other than the rings, and I don't have a jewelry box. I really don't THINK they were stolen but I have searched the house over.
    I thought about seed envelopes. Not sure why I would put them in there but if anyone ever gets seeds with a really pretty wedding set in them, you know I'm the one! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Nikki

• redheadedninja
    15 years ago

heehee! that's would be some trade!!

• erdnuss
    15 years ago

Well, it's Feb. now and I don't know how good of a memory you have, but if this happened before Christmas, maybe you accidentally wrapped them into someone's present? Maybe call a few people up and ask if they got a surprise ring in their gift?
    I lost my wedding ring to, but it was about 10 months ago. The sad thing was, it was on my honeymoon :( We didn't take our honeymoon until a month after the wedding, so I did have it for the first month of our marriage, but we went to swing in the lake and took our rings off and wrapped them in our towels. My hubby grabbed his from the towel and didn't realize I hadn't grabbed mine yet and he shook them out before we used them. Next thing you know, we had us and 2 park rangers trying to find them! They even went around asking if anyone had a metal detector.
    I felt so bad. I've called the park back about once a month since and still no show. I've finally given up on it so hubby is going to buy me another one. I told him to make it super cheap because I do have a tendency to loose stuff. I never wear jewelry so I asked if he'd at least make it cheap until I can prove to both of us I won't loose it so quickly!

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Nikki, sorry to read that you haven't found your rings. I would hope that anyone finding them in a seed trade or an X-mas gift would notify you.

Erdnuss, don't give up. Years ago we stopped at a park and found a wedding ring. We left it at the ranger's station but since no one was there that day we don't know if it went back to the person who lost it. Hope so and that it was missed. Maybe a gal got angry with her spouse and threw the ring away.

Last spring the diamond on my wedding ring fell out. I had no idea where it might be as wear my ring everywhere though take it off for major gardening. A few days later I sat down in my chair to watch TV and saw a glint in the carpet. There it was. Amazing, as this was one tiny diamond. When we got engaged I hated diamonds and only agreed to get the smallest one I could find. That was before I became a strong liberated woman, one followed local customs then. I was the town scandal when I chose a chocolate wedding cake.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone