Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jim_6b

Chemocurl and Bakemom

jim_6b
15 years ago

I just wanted to bring attention for a moment to two people who I think are awesome and they are Chemocurl and Bakemom. Chemocurl always has time to help people with all the many questions they have not to mention the time spent with the postage issues. You call yourself GW's resident busy body but I call you an asset to GW and you prove it everyday. Bakemom is known for her newbie seed projects. I don't see how she has the time to send out all of those envelopes to newbies but I know they are very thankfull when they receive then. I want to thank both of you for the time you spend doing this.

Jim

Comments (11)

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

Couldn't do it without generous donors like you. It's a real joy to do this and it's a great lesson for my kids and friends of what total strangers can do. I know it's sappy, but I have teared up at the generosity of donors and the joy of the noobs.

Wish the rest of the world was like garden webbers.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Agreed! They are fantastic ladies !:)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Whoo Hoo! Well said, Jim. Both of these ladies deserve a round of applause (at the very least). Can you hear me clapping?

Thank you both for all of your hard work!

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Yes they are the best...Giving of their time to so many people....Awesome!

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Very great ladies as well as many others! I am so happy to have found GW!!!

Kim

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Agree, they're very special, gems of Garden Web.

GB Bea

• knittlin
    15 years ago

From what I've read, I agree!

I'm a new oldie (used to trade seed here years ago), so know how aggravating the USPS can be. Yet Sue's taking them on valiantly and doing so much to help others arm themselves with the tools they need to not be overcharged. Amazing.

I also haven't forgotten when I first started trading and didn't have much more to offer than seeds I'd scrounged from a few native plants. So I know how welcome Bakemom's efforts are. What a wonderful thing to work so hard sending out all those newbie packages.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Thank you folks for the many kind words. I've come to the conclusion that I am not only addicted to GW, seed collecting, and so many things garden related, but am also addicted to GW and the net. Living alone, and having a lot of free time on my hands, reaching out to folks at GW is a way of being in touch. Without it, I might likely be lonely. When I make a concerted effort to stay off the computer for the day, I find myself wanting to call and visit via phone, another way of staying in touch.

GW is the great site that it is as a result of all the wonderful members here, from the very newest (we can hope to enable and get addicted) to the long time veterans who have so much to share.

Sometimes I fear being misunderstood when I try to help, and if I have ever been over the top, I apologize to anyone who might have seen my postings as less than tactful.

I feel I have let a lot of folks down with not ever getting anything accomplished nationwide with the ongoing postage problems across the country. I finally had to back away from that for a while, and have not gotten things finished up yet as I had hoped to. There are still things in the works and suggestions to be made in the ongoing battle to get all USPS employees informed about the correct charges. I know I must have sounded like a broken record on more than one occasion...usually those that started making me twitch.

I applaud Bakemom and all others who post wonderful seeds for postage offers. I really don't know how she and so many others with big offerings ever find the time it takes to package and mail all those seeds. To me is is soooo time consuming, and so thoughtful to share of one's time, as well as seeds.

To all the great folks here........

Sue...rbb

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

Ditto, I agree with all that has been posted, both are very special people :)
    Sue has really helped me get my butt out of the sling many times "THANKS SUE,"
    jan ") aka lillyjane aka lilly tee-hee-hee

• timbershort
    15 years ago

thanks sue for all the questions you've answered for me. :) appreciate that alot

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

You're so welcome Timber...I look forward to seeing pics of those Amaryllis, whatever they are.

Sue

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County