Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How-to help needed

Posted by seedmoney 8A (seedmoney@embarqmail.com) on
Tue, Jan 5, 10 at 17:53

Kind people,

I fancy myself of average intelligence but for the life of me cannot figure out how to post pictures of my offerings on my trading page. Would some one give me the "idiots's"guide ? I'd like the pictures to appear beside the name of the plants I'm offering.
Thank you!
Julie (seedmoney)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How-to help needed

Hi Julie,

There's been a lot of discussion in the past year about posting pics on trade lists to go with the seeds for trade vs posting a link for the pictures instead.

The upshot is that it is really better to have links for the pictures instead of the pics.
There are still a lot of people that are on just dial-up for internet connections and it almost impossible to load the trade page for those that are.
I've been there when I first joined GW, back in 2003 and until we went to DSL, an page that had pictures, regardless of the size, could take more than 10 minutes to load.

Were as, if there was a link, I could check the links i wanted to and it would take a minute or 2 to load that one picture.

I personally find that the page is easier to navigate if I'm looking at just links to the pics instead of pictures all over the trade page.

You can check out may trade list and see that I have links posted to as many of the seeds as I possible can.

Either way, to post the pics or links to the pics, you need to have your pictures uploaded to a server like photobucket.

I use photobucket and if you have yours there I can help you out to do either the links or the pics.

Just e-mail me and ask and I'll be glad to help.

Fran

o
RE: How-to help needed

Fran, You have a great list and I am sure you have put alot of work into it. Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here