Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can you access my seed list?

Posted by molly_and_me 9 Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 27, 10 at 20:11

I am trying to arrange a trade with danbucksco and he cannot access my trade list. I am new and may have done something wrong when I set it up. Will someone please try to access it and let me know if there is a problem.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can you access my seed list?

Yes, it's accessible.

o

Thank you. This lets me know I did set it up correctly.

I don't know why danbucksco is having a problem.

o

Hi molly_and_me,

Welcome to Garden Web and The Seed Exchange.

I know what has probably happened. In doing a search here at The Seed Exchange, there is no post that contains both your member name as well as danbucksco's name. I imagine that you emailed him about a trade, since you didn't post to a thread of his. Once you told him what your member name was, he did a Member Search for you to see your page and your trade list.

When one does a search on your member name, it is not coming up on the search, as it should, thus he cannot find you on Garden Web. To do a search for a member, just go to the bottom of any page, and click on the Member Pages link in the green banner. Then choose Search for Members.

I imagine that what Dan really meant was that he could not access your Member Page, as that is where one must go to get to a Members trade page.

Not being found via a search is a fairly common occurrence. When I run across one like that, I report it to GW via the Contact Us link, also in the green banner at the bottom of every page. I just tell them that Member Page is not found via a Member Search for janedoe(for example).

I suggest you email him back and copy the URL of your Member Page into the email. Once he gets to your Member Page, (and can see your profile info) he can then click to go on to your trade page from there.

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues for complete instructions on getting your Member Page email link set up so you can easily be reached.

hth.

Happy Trading!

Sue

o

Thank you for your response, Sue.

I did post an answer to one of his post for seeds. I though that he could just go to that post, click on my member name and access my page.
I don't know how to add the link to an e-mail so I just sent him a copy of my list.

BTW - it is good to be here at GW! I am learning a lot, expecially from the information that you post. Thanks.

Margaret

o

Hi again Molly,

I found your post to his thread over at The Vegetable Forum. I'm guessing the search didn't bring it up before because posts have to cycle through GW before they are picked up on a search. Cycling through is 24 or more hours.

I though that he could just go to that post, click on my member name and access my page.
You're right, he should have been able to get to your Member Page and trade list that way. hmmm....He started that thread jan 8th, so maybe he was just having a problem finding the thread, and then too your name not coming up via a search.

Hey, we are glad to have you here. Us veteran enablers just love the thought of getting to get a newbie addicted. Watch out!

Sue

Seed Virgins-Who was your first enabler?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here