Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paging Debby_1

Posted by poisondartfrog 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 11 at 7:50

Debby if you see this please email me. I need to contact you regarding the WLOMWL swap.
Thanks, Alana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paging Debby_1

Hi Alana,

I emailed debby_1 and included the link to this thread.

I see she has no Member Page email link. It probably disappeared with the fairly recent GW problems, and she likely is not even aware of it.

I did not have her addy in my email address folder, so here is what I did.

I did a search to find a thread where she had made a post.
I saw she had posted in This Thread
I went to 'her' post and went over to the side where it says email this post.

I then 'tried' emailing her the post, and used her member name in the 'to' section, since I didn't have her addy. You are supposed to be able to use either the addy or the name.
Then I got a message that she was not getting email via the forms here at GW, but that she could be reached at blah blah@blah.com I then copied her email addy and posted it into my Hotmail and emailed her and included a link to this thread.

So, there you have it...another hint/tip from rbb.

Here is another hint/tip

I get a lot of emails from GW members and save all addresses. When I save them, I always save them as member name/'real' first name...ie your address in my email address book is under poisondartfrog/Alana, littleonebf/Fran, sassybutterfly_2008/Wendy, etc. When I go to email a member, I am always thinking 'member name' so if I start to type the member name into the TO box, it will then come up with the different suggestions. Example, if I am emailing debbiep, I start to type in debbie and it will bring up several debby-something GW names.

Make sense?

Since she was in 'the swap' I'm thinking that at some time she was in touch with you via email, thus you 'should' have her addy if it was saved...unless it was only saved on your computer, and then lost for some reason, or possibly you have it, but can't find it because it isn't saved with her member name. Anywho, after several computer crashes and losing lots of emails and addys on my computer, I now read and keep my emails and addys at the Hotmail site.

Sue...resident busy body

Coffee

o

Thanks rbb. I will reference your excellent instructions next time.
I do save email and snailmail contact information but lost it all to tech issues shortly after I started the swap.
I am building redundancy into that information going forward as I don't relish starting from scratch again.

o

You're welcome.

I sure feel your pain at having lost all your contact info. I just hope mine never gets lost from Hotmail, but know that 'anything' is always a possibility.

Hope you hear from debby_1 soon and that she can get her addy set up without problems.

rbb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here