Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigred_gw

Pictures?

bigred
12 years ago

I want to put pictures on my trade page but can't figure out how. Help!

P

Comments (10)

• SusanC
    12 years ago

{{gwi:27742}}

• SusanC
    12 years ago

The first way produces this:

{{gwi:27738}}

• SusanC
    12 years ago

The second way produces this:

{{gwi:27738}}

• bigred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't think I have URLs in my picture folders

• luvsgrtdanes
    12 years ago

Bigred your pics have to be on an online hosting place such as photobucket, picasa, flicker of even facebook

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

I have a question regarding this too (hope you don't mind Peggy!).

To get the right (ie smaller) size on the pic for my page do I need to adjust the size on my PB account? If I were to later go back and make the picture larger on my PB account (say for posting or using it elsewhere where I want a bigger picture), would it then show up on my exchange page larger, or stay the small size I wanted?

I'm also guessing that if I went and deleted/moved things around on my PB account the pictures would then come up blank or with "this picture has been removed or moved"? How do you guys with pictures on your page remedy this situation (if it does happen)? I tend to upload/move/delete things periodically on my account, so would hate to have to keep re-posting the pictures on my page. Do you make copies and put it in a separate album on your hosting site, specifically designated for your trade page pictures?
    CMK

• luvsgrtdanes
    12 years ago

Christi, I don't think you can make the pics larger once you've re-sized them. You will need to duplicate them if you want the original size.

Yes if you move or delete the pic the link is broken. Unfortunately on GW you can't edit your post so you aren't able to re-enter the photo, it will be gone for good.

12 years ago

Thanks much Ronnie!

It sounds like a little too much work for me, since I am always moving things around on my PB account. Knowing me, I would likely forget and delete something and my page full of pictures would come up blank, lol!

Appreciate the info though...
    CMK

• jaynine
    12 years ago

When you hover over a picture on photobucket, choose the 'html thumb' option, paste it into the body of your post and you get this.
    {{gwi:27744}}
    When you click on this smaller picture, the larger one is viewable.

12 years ago

-jaynine, that is a very good tip. I never knew about the thumb option on PB...

Your dog is an absolute cutie! Looks like a very good garden helper ;-)
    CMK

Sponsored