Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures?

Posted by bigred z8 Ark. (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 7:51

I want to put pictures on my trade page but can't figure out how. Help!

P

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures?

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 16:50

o

Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 16:52

The first way produces this:

o
RE: Pictures ?

Fri, Feb 10, 12 at 16:53

The second way produces this:

Pink Rhododendron

o

I don't think I have URLs in my picture folders

o

Bigred your pics have to be on an online hosting place such as photobucket, picasa, flicker of even facebook

o

I have a question regarding this too (hope you don't mind Peggy!).

To get the right (ie smaller) size on the pic for my page do I need to adjust the size on my PB account? If I were to later go back and make the picture larger on my PB account (say for posting or using it elsewhere where I want a bigger picture), would it then show up on my exchange page larger, or stay the small size I wanted?

I'm also guessing that if I went and deleted/moved things around on my PB account the pictures would then come up blank or with "this picture has been removed or moved"? How do you guys with pictures on your page remedy this situation (if it does happen)? I tend to upload/move/delete things periodically on my account, so would hate to have to keep re-posting the pictures on my page. Do you make copies and put it in a separate album on your hosting site, specifically designated for your trade page pictures?
CMK

o

Christi, I don't think you can make the pics larger once you've re-sized them. You will need to duplicate them if you want the original size.

Yes if you move or delete the pic the link is broken. Unfortunately on GW you can't edit your post so you aren't able to re-enter the photo, it will be gone for good.

o

Thanks much Ronnie!

It sounds like a little too much work for me, since I am always moving things around on my PB account. Knowing me, I would likely forget and delete something and my page full of pictures would come up blank, lol!

Appreciate the info though...
CMK

o

When you hover over a picture on photobucket, choose the 'html thumb' option, paste it into the body of your post and you get this.
Photobucket
When you click on this smaller picture, the larger one is viewable.

o

-jaynine, that is a very good tip. I never knew about the thumb option on PB...

Your dog is an absolute cutie! Looks like a very good garden helper ;-)
CMK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here