Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Email from ELLAELLA

Posted by gardenmom2 IN Zone 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 7, 09 at 9:43

Hi all rec'd an email from an ellaella saying she is new, wants my seeds andwill send postage if I sendher my addy. I came to the site to look her member page and I can't find her. Does anyone else have any luck finding her. I want to 1. verify who she is, 2. make sure this is legit and if so, 3. check her page for a trade, as I don't have enough to really offer a free enve YET. I hope to someday,but don't have enough right now. I would consder a trade with her, but can't locate her page, so I am doubting the request, the only thing is that the message says it orig. from gardenweb. It was just a strange email. Here, I will copy and paste it here. If this is a real person, I am sorry I had doubts, but I don't want to send my info until I verify you . Here:

seedsSaturday, February 7, 2009 5:40 AM
From: "ellaella" Add sender to Contacts To: nicholbrosey@yahoo.com[This message originated at GardenWeb]

im a newbie i would like some seeds i will pay postage send me your address ella calton

Any help from you "OLDIES" haha for this newby woud be great. LOL Thanks guys. Nichol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Email from ELLAELLA

Hi Nichol,

I see she is indeed a member and got her Member Page to come up. She has no email link, or location on her Member Page.

There has been a problem for some time now in that 'some' member pages do not come up via a Member Search.

What one can do to verify membership, is to do a search of the whole site on the member name, to see if there have been any posts made by the member name in question. If there are posts, one can then see their Member Page via the link.

If no posts are found, (or you might even want to do this 'first' after not getting the name to come up in the Member Search, is this.

1-bring up your Member Page...not your Trade Page.
2-Go up to the URL and delete just 'your' name off of the end of the URL
3-fill in the member name in question
4-enter!

Bingo...it will either come up, or it will say something like...sorry, this person does not exist.

If the Member Page 'does' come up, or you find they are a member by finding a post of theirs, I ask that you use the Contact US link found at the bottom of any page here, and report it to GW. Report it as a technical problem in the choices in the drop down box menu.

Then state that member "so and so" is not found via a Member Search. They will then get that member fixed. I suggest doing this to 'help' the member out, because until it is discovered and reported, it 'will not' get fixed.

This has been a problem for some time now, so I am assuming it might be like the tech team trying to find a needle in a haystack. Who knows?...just my guess since it has been going on for a while.

What I would suggest you do, is send her a link to This thread addressing newbie and newer member issues.

Explain that she really needs to first get her Member Page email link set up.

Ask that she read on down in that thread, and it will address the many posts at the Seed Exchange where generous members with 'excess' seeds have offered them up for postage. Tell her it explains what threads to look for...Free, newbie, sasbe/BEAP., etc.

It is very good that you did 1, 2, and 3 above. You are a newbie who really has it going on!...does anyone say that any more?...lol

Sue

o

I got one yesterday from someone that decided using my birthday would be a nice way to butter me up to ask for seeds from my WANT list!...lol...no I didn't respond,and I wont either!;)
Just because someone emails you and asks for your seeds doesn't mean you have to give them to them! :)

o
RE: OOPS...forgot

Just because someone emails you and asks for your seeds doesn't mean you have to give them to them! :)
Right you are GF!

I forgot to add to Nichol above...you might also send her a link to Special Instructions for Exchanges

Though the original instructions are intact exactly as they were before, I added a few explanations to them (in red) that I hope make them a little more helpful and friendly. There was member input about the stuff in red on another thread before I made the new Special Instructions thread.

Sue...rbb

o

Ok. thanks ladies. I just was not sure what to do and could not find her out there in cyberspace gardenweb world. I wll send her both links. Thanks ladies.

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 7, 09 at 11:52

its just bad taste to hit somebody up for seeds like that. I wouldnt even do it if I knew somebody really well.

too embarrassing.

BTW, Angie! Happy Birthday!

woohoo!!!

I bet your gonna be 29 this year, like me!

o

well, happy birthday angie!!

i sent ella some seeds, she seems to be nice and did send the sasbe like she's suppose to. she can follow directions really well!! and has really nice humour!@@! LOL because so many even though i ask for certain things, they just don't follow. errrr. i like to know, that way i'll go ahead and make the package ready, otherwise, i won't bother with it!! last year, i made the envi's up ahead of time, turns out i wasted to much time and had like 15 packets with no one who sent for them. that is irritating. i really wanted to post on their review that they respond to your sasbe and don't follow thru. but i don't know if we can. ??? LOL sorry for the serious OT!! ~Medo

o

Medo, I'd love to be able to post on review about following through with SASBE or not as well.

As far as I know, it's for trades etc. not for no shows on SASBE.

I too get a lot of them that do not follow through. I pack up the seeds though, before I even post for trades and SASBE. Only hold SASBE seeds for 2 weeks and then that's it. back on the trade page.

Make sure all know how I do SASBE and there have been a few that did not like the rules.

Such is life.

Fran

o

I would thinkyou could post b/c if it is for trades, these are "free" trades right??? I need to leave reviews for so many who have been so nice and either sent me BEAPS or trades. That has not made it onto my priority list and that is terrible. I really need to. SOOOO busy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here