Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Addicted to 'stuff'?

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 28, 09 at 9:59

Though so many of us are addicted to all things 'seeds', are any of you addicted to 'stuff'?

I took the quiz and was pleased to see that I was rated as having things under control.

I just sent the link to my neighbor, who always says she is 'going to' get rid of 'stuff', but I seldom can see where she made a dent in 'stuff' she was keeping.

How do 'you' rate?

Also, via the link in the What's New at GW, I ended up at 10 Things You Can Quit Cleaning Right Now Being frugal, and one who 'has' to make her bed minutes after getting up, I have to disagree with several of the 10 things. How about you?

Sue...finishing off the pot (coffee)

Here is a link that might be useful: Are You Addicted to Stuff?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Addicted to 'stuff'?

Ha! Fun Quiz Sue. Apparently, I'm "in control". Now if I could just convince my husband... The other day I was trying to clean up the patio around our pool. My husband was fighting me at every turn, "No I need that bucket when I clean the leaves." "Don't put that bike in the shed, it interrupts my walking path." Now, if only he realized that cleaning out the shed would provide a walking path and that he can get that bucket out of the shed when he needs it. Why does everything have to stay "out"? I like things to be neat out there so I can enjoy my flowers and not be distracted by other "stuff". I have to admit that he does put up with my pot ghetto from wintersowing and doesn't seem to mind my seed piles that I sometimes leave laying around (to sow, already sown, etc). Such is life I suppose. Nik

o

Nik,
our hubs are brothers or at the very least...long lost cousins.
I was giving in a few years ago on keeping eveything in check but it all went out the window when he retired two yrs ago....it's just to big to fight....LOL

o

Your diagnosis is:
Living Dangerously

Hmmmmm - I guess I am a wild child, lol!

And I am STILL making my bed when I get up! :-)

Carrie

o

A place for everything and everything in its place!
Got a few OCD's but can't comment on them right konw. Have to go make the bed, and straighten the kitchen table.
jim

o

Like you, Sue, I am in control. Mostly cause I like things organized.

Ten things you can quit cleaning. Hmm, so we throw away things we don't want to clean? I'm too cheap so will clean my show curtain, pillows, and stove top rings. We already have concerns about landfills and running out of space to put our throw away items. I didn't grow up during the depression of the 30s but learned use it up, reuse it and go without.

o

Kids are growing up (17, 19, 23) and I call my project de-sh$tting the house. Cat Welfare has a garage sale every Saturday and I donate constantly. I still have huge antique and collectibles collections - hope to ebay some of it this fall.

I can't stand clutter and disorganization.

o

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or DO WITHOUT! That's my motto! Kids hate it, but that's just the way it is!

o

Very much in control here, just what Bakemom said.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here