Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has this ever happened to you?

Posted by brandymulvaine (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 11:59

My son just called me to see if I could throw some pizzas in the oven for him(he's 18).
The kicker?
HE WAS CALLING FROM DOWNSTAIRS IN HIS ROOM!!

Yes thats right, I have an 18 yr old living in my basement!
...he's finally got a job...he's doing the dishes and changing the catbox in exchange for the pizzas!!LOL!!
-B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has this ever happened to you?

My daughter called me from her room to see if we could go to the store because " we don't have anything to eat" ie junk food :)

Katie

o

Aren't they funny!?!? After all that, I "forgot" to turn on the oven-guess I'll be doing my own dishes.
-B

o

I have adult children living in the house also. I say why not turn it around on them? I have been known to call my girls on their cell phones and say "Can you please bring your mother a drink?" They treat me like I am ridiculous but I always get my drink!

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 14:05

I have one adult child and a high schooler living with me. I email them chores fairly regularly and they get them done - most of the time.

o

My 15 yr old daughter texted me yesterday to see if I had my phone with me.... I was honest to God 10 ft away from her bedroom door in the computer room and she knew this!! I know she did because she had walked through the computer room into her bedroom not 5 minutes before!

Kathy

o

I raised my kids in the days of "no computer-cell phone-text messages"so I never had this happen but I do remember living in this big ole long house and being in the kitchen when my hub's would call for me....I'd trudge all the way to the livingroom only to have him ask me to change tv (in the time of dinosuar before remotes)channels..with the tv not 12 ft. away from him. No he's not one of "those" kinda husbands....he thought he was being funny.....Not!

My neighbor will call me from his cell phone to say he's on our porch rather than knock on the door.

Peggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here