Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barefoot_contessa

'Rate & Review' How long do you wait...

barefoot_contessa
15 years ago

Hello everyone -

I feel like I am in a bad position. I have done 16 trades, and 2 SASBE's/Beap's since becoming a member here.

3 out of the 16 trades have not arrived. On one, I have been e-mailing back and forth discussing the possibility of the seeds being lost in the mail (this was a big trade)

I haven't gotten a response from, lets call her trader #2, and trader #3 I just e-mailed again this morning. SO, we'll see.

Does mail get lost this much? Each of these trades was to be mailed out between Feb. 9th - 11th. Do I wait longer?

Do I re-list these seeds as "Wanted" again, and see if I can get them this time? I'm disappointed :-(

One of these traders came highly recommended! I checked the "R&R" on the other two, one seemed a bit questionable, but seemed to have worked everything out, and the other one had a great review.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Carrie

Comments (6)

• blue_ivy
    15 years ago

Hi Contessa,

I asked a similar question last year and got some very helpful answers, linked below. I thought the link may be more helpful because you can read a variety of opinions instead of just one. I tend to agree with the two-month wait theory, because accidents do happen and some well-intentioned people can just become unexpectedly sidetracked by things in life that are more pressing than seeds (I know, I know, it is very hard to think of what those things may be....)

Hope it helps!
    Blue Ivy

Here is a link that might be useful: How long should one wait...?

• barefoot_contessa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Blue Ivy - Thank you so much for your help! I will wait and see what happens. Trader #1 is reluctant to tell me if she received my end of the trade or not. That has me confused???? Why wouldn't she just say "yes", or "no"?
    I have been very polite in all of my e-mails. Even joking about the mailman being on vacation between her and I. Hopefully, she is just behind (because I REALLY! wanted those seeds, LoL)
    I really wanted the seeds form trader #3 as well.
    Trader #2, I really only just wanted one of the seeds she was sending, because I didn't know how to turn down a trade I wasn't interested in at the time, LoL.
    Oh well, there are plenty more seeds in the garden, (...fish in the sea....):-)

I will just try and trade for them again.
    I have met some wonderful people here, who definitely out-weigh the non-senders. :-)

On the search for more seeds...... Carrie

• heirloomer08
    15 years ago

Carrie, I hate to say it but I have had 5 trades lost in the mail this year. The traders contacted me and I resent them and that time they received them. I trust the traders that I am dealing with as I have traded with some of them before. One of the traders we have traded 2-3 times this year and she didn't get the last trade for some reason. I resent them and she received them in 3 days. So who knows. Needless to say I have gotten very frustrated this year with the post office. Sad part is it is not a postage issue as I have each and every mailer double checked at the time of mailing. Just wanted to let you know you are not the only one with lost mailers.
    Perry

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Carrie, I hate to say it but I have had 5 trades lost in the mail this year.
    YIKES! That is an alarming number to go to that Dead Mail office wherever it is. Something sounds really wrong here. I know the USPS does audits on the count of mail and parcels that are processed, but it seems they should maybe do an audit on just how many letter, bubble envelopes, and parcels just never arrive. I'll bet the number would maybe be alarming. I'm wondering if it might be a regional thing or something....sigh...best quit b4 I start twitchin.

Carrie, I suggest you just hang in there and I suggest you not use the GW email system for any additional emails as it is so often unreliable...sigh.

I do hope though that you will eventually receive the seeds, or get things worked out...and regardless of the outcome you will eventually post to The Rate and Review Forum with the facts.

Sue...rbb

• barefoot_contessa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the input.
    heirloomer - I am sorry for your troubles. That is A LOT of lost envies!!! I would go talk to your post office if I were you.

Sue - Surprisingly, since I've posted this, lots of activity has happened. Lots of e-mails, although some weird explanations!!! have come up.

I would like to thank ronnie17 for his generosity in sharing his seeds with me to help replace what was lost in a trade. He did not want a trade in return, nor postage. He just wanted to share out of the goodness of his heart.
    Thank you Ronnie! If you ever want anything that I have, it's all yours!!! You just let me know!

I will continue to keep you all updated, and I will be leaving comments on the "R&R".

Carrie

• barefoot_contessa
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK, I have decided to not leave any negative comments on the "R&R" forum, as since I've posted this, I have gotten e-mails and am working through things.
    2 of the trades came in yesterday. I do have to say that I am not very happy because one was postage due, and full of the wrong seeds. The other had most of the seeds in which we had agreed upon, but they are the size of grain (which I knew that is what they would be) however, there are only maybe 4-6 seeds in each little packet, if that. Hopefully germination will be great!

I'm sure this post makes me sound like a big ol' grouch that is never pleased.
    I really am a nice and compassionate person. :-)

OK I am stepping down off of my soap box now.

Carrie

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!