Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eggplant2eat

seed sources? catalogs

eggplant2eat
14 years ago

Hi.... i have been growing lots of vegetables but would like to have flowers this year. What mail order sources do you like best? I want lots of varieties and colors...

Thank you

Comments (6)

• adofus
    14 years ago

www.rootsrhizomes.com has a really pretty flower selection and a nice color catalog

www.harrisseeds.com has a nice catalog on plain paper with a mix of flowers, supplies, and veggies.

There are a bunch of em around that offer catalogs, do a google search for flower seed catclogs, or go to the link below and it links you to several good ones. Most, if not all, are free:

www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=flower+seed+catalogs&aq=0amp;aqi=g4g-m4&aql=&oq=flower+seed+cat&fp=ed0664e20ac2de1f

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

I would first suggest you check out The Garden Watchdog and look at the feedback for every company listed here. Everyone has a different experience, but it will help you ascertain where you may want to spend your money and get the best value. There is also a very good Rate and Review consumers forum on GardenWeb you can also look at.

• forestboy
    14 years ago

I like baker creek (www.rareseeds.com) Tons of different types of seeds :)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

You might want to check the GW "Rate and Review Vendors" forum. There's a number of seed companies listed with some feedback. I agree with Girlgroupgirl's suggestion to check out any company you plan on buying from on Garden Watchdog.

• Ann
    14 years ago

The other thing you could do is offer up some of your veggie seeds here on GW for a trade of flower seeds, before you spend more money elsewhere. I really like Diane's Seeds and Swallowtail Gardens.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery