Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seed sources? catalogs

Posted by eggplant2eat 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 25, 10 at 13:16

Hi.... i have been growing lots of vegetables but would like to have flowers this year. What mail order sources do you like best? I want lots of varieties and colors...
Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seed sources? catalogs

www.rootsrhizomes.com has a really pretty flower selection and a nice color catalog

www.harrisseeds.com has a nice catalog on plain paper with a mix of flowers, supplies, and veggies.

There are a bunch of em around that offer catalogs, do a google search for flower seed catclogs, or go to the link below and it links you to several good ones. Most, if not all, are free:

www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=flower+seed+catalogs&aq=0&aqi=g4g-m4&aql=&oq=flower+seed+cat&fp=ed0664e20ac2de1f

o

I would first suggest you check out The Garden Watchdog and look at the feedback for every company listed here. Everyone has a different experience, but it will help you ascertain where you may want to spend your money and get the best value. There is also a very good Rate and Review consumers forum on GardenWeb you can also look at.

o

I like baker creek (www.rareseeds.com) Tons of different types of seeds :)

o

territorialseed.com
gourmetseed.com

o

You might want to check the GW "Rate and Review Vendors" forum. There's a number of seed companies listed with some feedback. I agree with Girlgroupgirl's suggestion to check out any company you plan on buying from on Garden Watchdog.

o

The other thing you could do is offer up some of your veggie seeds here on GW for a trade of flower seeds, before you spend more money elsewhere. I really like Diane's Seeds and Swallowtail Gardens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here