Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigred_gw

A little cheese with that whine,please!

bigred
15 years ago

I gonna whine now...pass the cheese and crackers please. We get several days of beautiful weather and I get to play outside then we get a week of crappy weather. I'm stuck inside,I'm tired of the TV,housework,the computer and games.

I WANT OUWWWWWTTTTTT!!!!

Peggy

Comments (19)

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

Here is your crackers ma'am! :-)
    I hear ya, we had 2 reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beautiful days here, and then BAM!!!!! Now it is freezing and windy. We even had a small thunderstorm yesterday afternoon before the big boom! What a tease....come on Spring!

Carrie

• dorisl
    15 years ago

ill host the wine and cheese party, but bring your parkas and mittens and prolly some boots too.

22 right now going back to single digits soon.

• pumkingal
    15 years ago

We also has 2 great days, was out their rearranging things, now freezing rain and another week of snow ahead,, I will bring the wine,,and crackers too, heck I might just sit out on the deck and enjoy the birds,,,in a sleeping bag..in need of that sun shine,,SOON

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

I think next winter I'm going to pretend I'm a bear and sleep through it. I hate cloudy, gloomy, winter days.
    I do love it when the sun comes out. I will either sit or lay on the floor in front of my living room window where the sun shines and do my "lizard thing".
    Jim

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wonderful! We'll have a nice lil Pity Party 'cause we can't get outside.

Somebody needs to bring some really,really stinky cheese in honor of our stinky weather.

I've got the whine covered....LOL.

It's about 29% this am. I did get some more seeds sewn yesterday...guess it would still be classified as winter sewing.I got to shovel a yard of compost out of my truck yestrday in a drizzly rain.

Peggy

• madabouteu
    15 years ago

Yesterday was shirtsleeve weather - though we got 1-1/2 inches of rain - today it's 54. The forecast for tomorrow morning is an inch of snow, followed by lows in the low to mid 20s! Oh well...

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I cleaned the house earlier in the week so nothing to do there...except hub's breakfast dishes.
    I got in 3 new sets of bed-in-a bags from overstock last night so this am I put them on the beds..except the one for spare bedroom. It was label full but when I tried to put the bedskirt on the bed...it was a twin so I got to deal w/ overstock on a return but it went smoothly...so I put the set that was suppose to go on the spare room on my bed and turned out it looks better in there but I'm still shy a set for the spare bedroom...so I get to go shop for another set later.

If I get real antsy..I have all the bedding I took off to replace with the new,I can wash but it's really hard to do this stuff when all I wanna do is go outside. Can't even walk over to the greenhouse it's blowing and going with occassional down pours.

I can't even get excited about shopping....unless of course if I can shop for flower seeds...which I absolutely do not need.

*sigh*

• User
    15 years ago

I'll have a glass!!! In the high 60s yesterday although quite breezy a real tease. Today~BAM!! Gray, windy, cold, downright awful..tomorrow they say snow then cold the rest of the week..,actually glad to be working tonight to get out of the house.

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Come on in and have a glass....or two...LOL.
    Only suppose to get to 54 today but starting another warming trend tomorrow. But for today I have a sinkful of dishes and a laundry room full of bedding to wash...Oh Yay!

• User
    15 years ago

Pass another please...snow on the ground now and a potential storm a brewin for 15" What the...I can't stands no more!!

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well,it's colder than a well digger's beehind this am...ARGH!

I have all my seeds spread out on the diningroom table going thur them. Trolling...stalking seed exchanges and websites....like I need another dang seed! But Oh Boy! Could I do some more damage w/ the cc.....I Will Not Buy More Seeds...I Will Not Buy More Seeds! I Will Not...I WILL NOT!

Forget the glass...pass the bottle! I've passed the lady-like point...LOL

• User
    15 years ago

I know just what you mean!! Pass the jug this way. It's 17 with wind chill and 6'' of snow with more to come...GRRR!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Though temps are well below normal here 'again' I'm not complaining yet. I still have (about) my whole winter chore list to do. Where has the winter gone?

I have all my seeds spread out on the diningroom table going thur them. Trolling...stalking seed exchanges and websites....like I need another dang seed! But Oh Boy! Could I do some more damage w/ the cc.....I Will Not Buy More Seeds...I Will Not Buy More Seeds! I Will Not...I WILL NOT!
    Yeah, well check this site out for some real eye candy. Fragrant Garden Nursery

Here is an old thread that has the descriptions to many that are sold at the link above. Any Sweet Pea lovers/addicts/collectors here maybe?

Then there is Daffseek If you are not very familiar with daffs, just choose a division number in the drop down box (1 thru 13) and check the box to find only with photos. Being a new daff collector/addict, I can spend hours there just looking at daff pics.

Sue...who needs to work on her winter To-Do list today for sure

Plan your trip

Local Radar

Detailed Forecast

Here is a link that might be useful: scroll down to get weather sticker for forums or your home page

• katieauthier
    15 years ago

SENDING YOU ALL SOME FLORIDA SUNSHINE AND DRINKS WITH LITTLE UMBRELLAS IN THEM.... SPRING IS JUST AROUND YOUR CORNERS

KATIE

• User
    15 years ago

I hope so Katie!!!

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue! Just what do you think your doing posting links!!!??? I DO NOT need more seeds.....so I've been to Suttons to start my iris list and North Hill for an even longer list of sempervivums.....LOL...Oh yeah,let's not forget all the different mints I want to order from Fragrant Fields.

My master tags came in for some of the prennials I ordered last Dec. I ordered 3 var. of lavenders but waited to late placing the order and didn't get a darn one. So as soon as I can I'll have to go across the street to neighbor's and take cuttings off those plants. You know your addicted when you start having to plant some of your stuff in the neighbor's yard because you've run out of room or the growing conditions are better.

Lead me not unto temptation for I can darn well find it myself....LOL

Woo-Hoo! Our warming trend starts today w/ temps at 71...YAY! I can play outside...I can play outside!!!

I need to get out. Our market day is early this year...Marh 7th....EEK! But on the upisde I do need to get some funds rolling in so I can place the iris,semp and mint orders. *G*

Peggy

• brandymulvaine
    15 years ago

Hey Red, pass me that bottle!
    Took the kiddie to school this morning and it was -17! No, not a typo minus seventeen outside.
    To make me feel better I started my tomatoes inside already 28 seedling and 2 foot of snow, I am mad aren't I?
    -B

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well...Brandy...need at little brandy?

Har-har!"MINUS SEVENTEEN!" Brrrrrrrr.....! In my entire life I only remember ONE winter that we had temps at 0...I can't wrap my mind around -17!!! 2000 we had huge ice storm and out of electriciy for 12 days. Live in a rural area so we were stuck way out here too for 12 days.

WE're going up into the mid 70's today. YIPPEE! I get play outside...I get to play outside. The kid comes out in me sometimes....or maybe it's the Alzhiemers.

Peggy

• bigred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BWAHHHHH!!!! I had a week of beautiful weather but got so little done because everybody kept needing one thing or other so I'd have to stop working or never even get to start. All this week has been grey,wet,cold and miserable. I look forward all week to doing today's market. Weatherman said clouds would move out at midnight and it'd be sunny but chilly. HE LIED! It's still grey,wet,cold and miserable! I need to go choke him!

Peggy

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor