Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Flame Grass Seeds...Sterile or Good to Grow????

Posted by flowergirl34 5 Upstate NY (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 24, 10 at 14:02

Hi! In a swap I received some Purple Flame Grass Seeds. I have never grown this before and was excited to receive them to try. However, looking them up on the internet I found that they do not re-seed and the seeds are sterile.

I am wondering if this is accurate? Has anyone ever tried growing them from seed before? And if so what were the results.

OH! and I can't ask the person who sent them to me because their was no GW ID name on the bag and I had just thrown it in my seed box with everything else when I received them.

Thanks so much for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Flame Grass Seeds...Sterile or Good to Grow????

I couldn't tell you about that seed in particular but I've come across a number of plants on the DG description that say they don't produce seed or it's sterile and have found that to be false.Some might not produce plants the same as the parent but I've found a number of supposedly sterile plants that have produced viable seed. I'd say just give it a try. The worst that will happen is it won't grow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here