Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frisbee people

Posted by aquawise zone 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 12, 10 at 15:20

This is Off topic but you are all my friends and I wanted to share this with all of you.
I am saddened by the lose of a great friend, Someone who has touched all of our lives. Most of you have one or have played with his wonderful Toy. Walter F. Morrison! The man that Invented the FRISBEE or Pluto Platter as it was first called. He has been my great Friend for many years. He passed away in his sleep Tuesday night at the age of 90 years. My 3 girls knew him as Walt the "No Good Fairy" as he liked to call himself, He always had a pocket full of Charleston Chews for them. We loved him dearly and although he is at peace and out of pain now we miss him, He leaves me and my family with many memories of the fun we shared with him! He died from cancer. I say a prayer of thanks for have know this man and being able to call him my friend. My God take him home and reunite him with is wife and soul mate Lu! who passed away year ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frisbee people

Aquawise, thank-you for letting me know that. My husband played Ultimate Frisbee for many years (in his younger years).

I'm very sorry for your loss, it is wonderful that he was your good friend. His invention touched many lives, gave people some wonderful fun times and kept a nation fit! What a blessing he was.

GGG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here