Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to purchase / order seeds

Posted by pinkcherub 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 16:35

Hi there! Sorry I am not sure where to post this and I am a newbie here so PLEASE forgive me!! I am wondering aside from my local nursery and stores where online would you recommend ordering your seeds for a fair price? Also, I am looking for the Old Fashion Bleeding Heart seeds if you happen to know of a place to purchase these I would sure appreciate any help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to purchase / order seeds

Hi pinkcherub - First of all, welcome!!! I'm no expert but I don't see any reason you can't ask a question here. One other forum you might want to post your question is the Growing from Seed forum. I'm guessing you might get more answers than on the conversations side but that's just a guess.

You can look up seed companies on the Internet and most will say if they do/don't produce a printed catalog. There is also the Garden Watchdog website where folks rate Internet & mail order nurseries of all sorts including seed sellers. There are links on that website to the various seed sellers' sites. I order my perennial flower seeds from a few different online companies and can't vouch for any but the ones with which I've had dealings.

Good luck, have fun and feel free to ask more questions. I'll try to remember to check back tomorrow or later tonight.

o

You can do a search on GW under "seed vendors" or "where to buy seeds". You can also check out the rate & review vendors forum. Gardenweed mentioned Garden Watchdog which is a great site for checking out feedback on specific online seed companies and nurseries.

o

Thank you girls, I found several sites now, thank you for your help! I would prefer to go with Hardyplants.com because they are local to me "Always prefer to buy in my own state if possible" but I read mixed reviews on them and the few seeds I really want are out of stock. I will give them a call on Monday just to see if they can earn my order otherwise it will be Gardens North!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here