Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie sponsors still needed!:)

Posted by agirlsgirl 5-6 PA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 08 at 19:14

Hey guys and gals,I was just at the Round Robin and noticed that there are a few newbies that posted to the "Sponsor a Newbie" thread,I have not heard from or seen wilmoth in a while,I hope she is OK! This is her baby and I am by no means trying to step on any toes,I just know that some of us dont check the RR often and wanted to make sure that you guys are aware that it is still going on and that there are newbies just waiting to take some of those extra seeds off your hands! So if you have seeds you would like to pass on to a budding gardener,head on over and pick yourself up a newbie! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie sponsors still needed!:)

Hi :) I see your message is far from new... But I am a newbie myself. I am using my phone because it's my only form of net right now. But its taking forever and I'm not sure if I am missing it, or is there a newbie program still going on? I believe I found a thread that's pretty recent, but it claims it has reached the max number of follow up posts. Anyhow, this is such a great site and a an awesome opportunity for newbies. I am a very new newbie, not only to the site, but to gardening itself. I have childhood memories of my grandmother gardening, and me helping/diggin for worms. I think now that I am a mother myself, it has brought out the memory/family tradition. Anyhow, if you could directe in the right way, I would really appreciate it! And thanks to all the veterans for helping us out with seeds and more importantly, knowledge :)
Namaste,
Vanessa
Spring.cleanin.12@gmail.com

o
RE: Newbie sponsors still needed!:)

Hi i_luv_spring,

Welcome to Garden Web!

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues
The OP explains how to set up your Member Page email link so that you can easily be reached. It also covers setting up your garden zone/location...see I am 5/6 S INdiana.
The first reply in the thread tells how to set up your Member Trade List, even if it is 'just for' things you are interested in, or looking for.
The second reply in the thread explains how to look for and handle "Seeds for Postage" offers made by members with excess seeds to share.

Once you get your email link, and list set up, check out adopt a newbie 3 thread. It is the most recent and active one.

Lastly...the link to the Forum Instructions is malfunctioning, so here is a workable link. Please note that since the info is quite old, that postage has since gone up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Special Instructions for the Seed Exchange

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here