Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I hope you understand...

Posted by trudi_d 7, Long Island (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 19:26

As of March 1st, 2009 any SASE that I fill will have to include a printout of that SASE address page at WinterSown.Org.

Too many people have taken advantage of my generosity and published the Six Pack SASE address on websites or shared it through list-serves; the Your Choice Tomato SASE list is also circulating through emails, which is a shame because the offenders don't update the list and I have to deal with lists that are several months old and many of the varieties long exhausted--I'm the one who has to make apologies and send substitutes.

The problem is that people are just raiding my non-profit for free seeds without bothering to discuss or share info about Winter Sowing, which is why I started the Seeds for SASE programs; originally I had to give people seeds to get them to try it. Though Winter Sowing is now widely accepted and recognized by the USDA as a method I still continue to share seeds.

The address pages at WinterSown.Org have a neat little calendar application that shows the current date. If the printout calendar date is more than a week older than the USPS cancellation date on the letter the SASE is mailed in then the SASE is invalid, or if no printout arrives the SASE is also invalid. The instructions are clearly stated on the website.

I hope you understand, but the hemorrhaging has to end. I will still continue to share seeds but now a visit to WinterSown.Org and the dated address printout is required.

T

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I hope you understand...

What an awful thing to do to someone like you; one who has taught us how about Winter Sowing, saved us a lot of money and have healthier plants as well as some we may not have been able to afford otherwise!

Sorry this has happened to you.
Suzi (who understands completely)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here