Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does anybody else watch american idol?

Posted by romando 9, sunset 17 (amanda.azevedo@juno.com) on
Fri, Feb 24, 06 at 20:02

I have to confess, I'm addicted. Love it. My husband and our two daughters watch it every week. My favorites are:

Taylor (the grey haired guy)-- he's my ultimate favorite! He's great. I'd totally buy his album. It's so nice to see someone refreshing!

Paris (cute little short girl). Girl can SANG!!! She's so cute. Loved how she strutted her stuff the other night...

Mandisa (the big girl who won't let Simon talk crap about her!) Love that. I'm a big girl too, but I can only dream about singing like her!

I can't remember his name now, but I also like the shaved bald guy who did the Bon Jovi song the other night. He did a really good job!

And I like looking at Ace, but that's not enough... *lol*

Amanda 'romando'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does anybody else watch american idol?

I am addicted as well-I will not even answer the phone when it is on. I agree with the people you mentioned, with the addition of Lisa (I think that's her name). She sang 'I'm Changing.' I also like the guy who looks really young and dorky lol he just has a sweetness about him.

I am also addicted to Survivor and The Amazing Race. My husband and son are not reality tv fans so they roll their eyes when the shows come on, but my daughter and I watch Idol together.

o

Me too. I think the final two should be Taylor and Paris.

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 24, 06 at 21:27

I watch it once in awhile. I watched it more when the dorky red head from here was a contestant. My husband can't stand it. He loves music, but real musicians, not singers. We like to watch Survivor together. That and Antiques Road Show seem to be the only ones we can watch together.
Amanda, in my minds eye I see you as a small waif like pretty young woman. Knowing you, you are probably cracking up right now!
Remy

o

*lol*
Remy, you DO crack me up! I AM pretty young (31), but I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall and wear an 18/20 and a size 10 shoe. Not little! Blame those northern european genes, I suppose, and bread. ; ) But hubby and I love Antiques Roadshow also! Love it. But I can't stand that other antiques show, the one with those dang twins. Can't stand them. They work my last nerve. And we were HUGE Amazing Race fans until this last time when they had the family teams. There was some changing of the showtimes and we got lost and couldn't find it, and it's no fun to jump in mid season. But we'll be back when it starts again! We also used to really like The Mole, but they're not doing that one anymore. It was pretty cool too, and Anderson Cooper is nice eye candy as well.

Putzer- I agree about Lisa! I can't believe I forgot her. So poised for such a young age.

Mrbrownthumb- We're so on the same page! I think Taylor and Paris are the best also. And my favorite flowers are black too! We've traded a few times 'cause I guess we like the same things!

Amanda 'romando'

o

My family watches Idol together. We love Taylor and Paris also. My husband and I watch survivor, had to record it this week since Idol was on opposite it. I like to watch the gardening shows on educational channels but I guess they took them off for the winter or replaced them with the shows where folks fix up rooms in others house.
If gardenweb people mostly like Taylor and Paris they may get lots of votes just from us dirty hands people. Just an opinion from Indiana.

o

I like Ace : )

o

Well sorry folks...I am addicted to
"Dancing with the Stars"...I think it is on TV at the same time as "IDOL"??..(NO TIVO here )Although i did watch Idol last year when Carrie won.
I am also addicted to "LOST"
Trish

o

gardenjen, I agree, and I am not talking about his voice, lol...I watch Idol with my daughters though this year I had a harder time listening to the bad ones. I had to leave the room quite a bit.

My DH and I just started watching Survivor last season. We are also addicted to The Amazing Race since it started, an excellent show I think and one of the reality shows I would love to do. New one starts this Tuesday!!!! I would say this is our favorite show period. We also watch The Apprentice...Whoops, did I just say that out loud?

o

I got addicted to Idol when Clay was on it, since he's from here. I have to agree that Paris is really good. There are a lot of guys on there that are good, too. Ace is eyecandy!!! Too early to pick a favorite! It was a disaster Thursday night, trying to watch Survivor, Dancing With The Stars, AND American Idol all at the same time. Thank goodness for TIVO!!! And I can't talk about tv shows without mentioning my absolute favorites- Grey's Anatomy and 24. Gosh, you'd think I didn't have anything else to do, wouldn't you?!
Denise

o

DH loves Taylor too. His body movements are just too weird for me (am I the only one bothered by this.) If he changes that, I think he has a good chance, because he is extremelt talented. A dye job might also help. The thing is, they're searching for an Idol, not necessarily the most talented. We saw that on Dancing, when Giselle got voted off before Master P. These popularity contests start to really frustrate me after a while. I love watching the competition, but I almost wonder if it'd be better if the judges got to choose. But then again, audience participation really adds another dimension, and increases the ratings. I'm torn on the issue.

Anyway, back to who I like.
Girls: Mandesa and Lisa (two stars IMHO after last week.) Although there are so many good ones. Paris is *awsome* but Lisa did better vocally, I think. I thought Paris' grandmother probably coached her on "working the crowd," because she really turned around on that aspect. Really looking forward to hearing her do some more of what she did in auditions. Also, Kellie Pickler: what a life. I'd really like to see her succeed. She seems genuine. Katherine is also very good. So wishing "You Are My Sunshine" girl was gone instead of Stevie! She may be talented, but I can't stand her drama. And why don't these contestants learn to do what they do best, instead of trying to show the audience "something different" on the very first night. All except Stevie. She should have done "something different." She's got some talent, but this is a pop competition. Oh well...

Dogs: Ace is eye candy, yes, but so is DH. Elliott is, well, not, but he is extremely talented. I'm rooting for him as the male underdog. I thought is was hilarious when the jailbird went on, and on, and on about how Elliott did not practice, and then he was the best. That was *the* best! LOL I also like Chris, the bald guy. I think, if I'm not mistaken, he is raising his wife's kids. Ever since he grabbed onto his wife when he learned that he was going to Hollywood, I liked him. I also like the crooner, and Gideon (I like his smile.)

Oh, am I on the wrong forum? Sorry!

o

After watching last night, I've gotta say I'm SO glad that Brenna got eliminated! She was really working my last nerve. I must admit, I have to admire her confidence (or is it a front? Hmmm....) but she was really on the verge of making me slap her right through the tv. Love love loved Chris' performance (and I didn't know he was raising his wife's kids! I love that. My dh adopted my eldest dd when we got married-- he's the best!) I'm liking Paris a tad less somehow, but really really liking Mandisa! More and more. I'd love for her to make it to the end! I cannot watch the 'pinched cheeks' guy. I just can't. Not without laughing. I'm a little disappointed Sway got out-- he's a local boy. I thought he did a good job, too!
Amanda 'romando'

o

I missed the last show and have no idea who got dumped. Please tell me
Thanks
Kelley

o

I missed a couple of weeks of shows while the Olympics were on, but I watched the other night and the bald guy is my favorite! Love his voice. The country guy with blond hair is so cute, and has a nice voice, but I don't believe he will be the next Idol.

o

Taylor & Mandisa fan here. Also like um...McPhee...what's her first name? She sang Freedom last night.

o

Wed, Mar 8, 06 at 21:34

Ok, I saw the whole show tonight.
Watching that Taylor guy move makes me think John Belushi is in him trying to get out.
Ace isn't going to be voted off, he's much too good looking and they showed him fixing a roof. I think he's trying to be a singing Ty Pennington, lol.
After the first young kid sang, all I could think was, they shouldn't let virgins be on idol, lol. Then that other young kid sang, lol, and it just reinforced that thought. I know I know, I'm a horrible woman.
Oh, and Amanda, I take it you're not interested in trading for my size small gloves : )

o

I didn't get to see the women sing this week, but did get to watch it tonight. Taylor made the show! He was my favorite tonight.

o

I know it's still very early, but any winner predictions?
To me it's a toss up between Kelly and Chris.
But I was really wrong last year, I was postive Bo would win.
Alice

o

I loved Taylor Last night I love his body actions he is alot like Joe Cocker and has a voice like michael McDonald what could be better!!! If you missed the girls singing you iddnt miss much! They just arent doing it for me this year. The only one two I really think are worthy of the top 12 are Mandisa and Paris.Paris's performance just didnt cut it for me this week.:0( But Mandisa Rocked!! I LOve Simon Tho he is brutal in his honesty he usually hits it on the head when he gives his judgment.
who do you think will be offed tonight?

o

I am a fan of american idol taylor hicks is it.Lol

o

I can't remember the little kid's name, but my hairdresser was calling him "Chicken Little"...I saw a commercial last night with Chicken Little in it, and sure enough, the resemblance is uncanny! I laughed so hard I almost cried. I do have a soft spot for the guy though!

o

Hey Amanda - what did you think about last night's show? I thought Kathleen was awesome. Will they be voting off two people per week now or just one?

o

I only watched about the first six people. Is it my imagination or does everyone, no matter who it is, sound off-key when singing a Stevie Wonder song? (except Stevie Wonder).

o

Sguanzon, I agree. Although the last half of the show was a lot better than the first half. I was pretty shocked at Ace and Lisa being in the bottom three tonight. I really get a kick out of Chicken Little, but he should have been in the bottom three. He makes me laugh so hard!

o

I dont think it should have been Ace to go ,but should have been "chicken little". He is homley and can't sing on key.Half of the songs I have heard from him he has been flat. He should have not ever made it to the top 12 in this competition. jmho. I am however in agreement with Flowersandbirds ,Taylor Hicks is it!! He has awsome stage presence and works the audiance quite well. I bet he is great to see live.
Kelley

o

Well "chicken little" didn't impress me much either! As Romando and I agreed, he kind of made us feel sick to our stomachs with "Part Time Lover".....just paints an ugly visual! I agree - only about three of them did well with the Stevie Wonder songs....they got better as the show went on. Melissa was good in past weeks, but really fumbled by forgetting her words, so I guess that's why she went. She sounded pretty off key too. I felt really embarassed for most of them Tuesday night. Taylor is awesome, and I love Katherine (or is it Kathleen). She is amazing.

o

Hello all! I haven't posted in a LONG WHILE, but I have to post for Idol :)
I am just wondering about opinions for the Theme shows. DH and I watch Idol together, and this is the time that we HATE. I think let the people sing what they are most familiar with. As many have mentioned it is like torture to watch them sing a specific artist song, or songs from another era.
For my winners picks:
Chris (bald guy)
Mandisa

possibly Taylor Hicks, though I am not sure I would even hear his music once he is recorded.
I agree that Chicken Little shouldn't be here at this point, he is way out of his league, Gideon should have stayed in his place.
I agree that Ace is sure eye-candy. We had picked him initially because he sang great for one song, and he has the name of our first dog together, he has now passed. So it was also a personal pick to want him, but his singing is forgetable.

PS Anyone else dying for Big Brother to return???

o

Ace is eye candy and he did great at first, but seems to be getting worse as he goes! I agree, they should be able to pick out the songs they want. When I first heard it was Stevie Wonder songs I wondered how the heck were they going to sing his songs? Well, it should be very interesting from here on...

o

I agree I am not much for the "themed songs" either ,but the way they see it is a good vocalist can sing anything ,as some have showed .They have taken a song and made it their own .It is a good way to weed out the people who truley can sing only a certain genera of music. It may be torture but it sure shows the good from the just ok.
cant wait each week for the show.
Kelley

o

Me and daughter love Idol! I could do without the judges, just relax and enjoy the performances. Bo was my favorite last year and to me is a winner, many winners in this show too. Actually when we think of how many tried for the show all of the ones in the finals are tops!
I admire Mandisa's attitude, made me think may be Simon is encouraged ( as if he needs any, lol) to test their reactions, to see how they perform under pressure.
Taylor has the voice and the charm, but we would want Chris to sing to us the most. I'd pair Chris and Kathleen in a duet, ha!
If we could scramble Paula and Simon! He's often right, just sounds immature when he adds insults to injury -he could say what he thinks of their performances without the added put downs, we're used to him, he makes us laugh too, truth be said. We laughed too when, wish I remember his name now,told Simon : I don't expect more from you.

How many of you play loud music while gardening?
Neighbors have it full blast, makes it all more enjoyable.

GB

o

His name was Chicken Little!

I'm so bummed - my cable went out last night right as American Idol was starting....it came back on for the last five minutes, so I saw a recap, but still didn't help much...I couldn't believe it - I'd been looking forward to it all day.

o

My thoughts on last night:

Mandisa was the best! Chris, Paris, and Katherine were also really good. Taylor: not as good as usual, but still my favorite. Joke's over for Chicken Little-- time to go. I'd say it's been fun but it hasn't... watching his face contort as he lisps and sings. Time's up. Bucky wasn't so good either.
amanda 'romando'

o

Yes, my son and I watch. When he works I tape it for him. We were for Bo last year and Chris this year. We really like Taylor too. I agree with Amanda that Mandisa, Chris, Paris, and Katherine were the best last night.

It looks like it would be pretty easy to guess who will go tonight but the spoiler group votefortheworst.com have organized to keep who they deem the worst in til the last. From what little I know about them, I gather that their goal is to get someone who is not that great to win and therefore give the producers a hard task selling his or her records.

o

Oh Amanda - you are too funny...I had to chuckle about "his face contorting"....well, he's gone now, so hopefully your pain will end!

o

Oh, man. I'm glad you thought that was funny; I was worried I was gonna catch a bunch of grief from everybody about my mean streak...
I really sorta hope Mandisa and Taylor are the last ones standing. They're the best. And Chris can be my (not so) secret crush... lol
Amanda 'romando'

o

Amanda ,
Heck no grief from me !! You and I must be on the same page!! I also felt pain when I had to hear and watch hime sing LOL . Yeah he is gone!!!
Kelley

o

Sat, Mar 25, 06 at 19:43

I missed it all this week, I had to go to a wake Tues. and Wed. I didn't catch. I'm glad to hear that Chicken Little is gone though. I couldn't stand him either, lol.

o

Anyone else feels show is rigged? We were amazed last night seeing Katherine and Ace among the bottom 3, so was the studio audience! Someone must've voted numerous times, all show business! My daughter already d/l-ed Katherine's song (on internet) for her cell phone, whatever the outcome, she and some others will be our idols.
Kevin- Chicken Little, was on Regis and Kelly show the other day, singing ,what else? "When I fall in love".

Show's getting to be more interesting, guess that may explain the controversies, don't know, we'll keep watching.

GB

o

I don't see how Bucky is still around. I like Kellie, but she needs to loose some of that ignorant country bumpkin act.

Robin

o

I didn't like Katherine's performance this week...Ace was not spectacular either. Bucky is very good for the country crowd. I still really like Mandisa, Taylor, Paris, and Elliot.

o

Man...
Last night, I decided that, cute as he is, I'm getting tired of Ace's 'I-am-a-zombie-who-cannot-stop-staring-in-this-trance-like-state-into-the-camera' routine... it was kinda hot the first couple of times, but now, it's alarming. I'm not feeling the whole one-eyebrow-hike thing either...
I don't think Buckie's gonna make it too much longer, though I really feel like he's a genuine person. Almost like Hollywood would corrupt him? lol
I think Lisa was the right person to go last night; her performances seemed to be going downhill fast. She was so good in the beginning (not like she's terrible now; heck; I'm surprised the neighbors don't bang on the wall when I sing in the shower)...
Mandisa and Chris did such good jobs, though I must admit the religious slants they hinted at become lost on me...(I grew up in an ULTRA religious household which has kind of affected now I look at things now...but please no save-me emails, folks...lol) Those two, and Taylor, of course, are my favorites. I hope they make it till the end!
I agree that Kelly's country bumpkin routine is getting tiresome; she can't really be that dumb. (Though Jessica Simpson comes to mind...) Correct me if I'm wrong, but minx is a word throughout the whole country, right? ; )
(No hate mail guys... my mom's whole family is southern and they know lots of words...lol)
Anyway, I suppose I've probably alienated myself from everybody now, but those are my thoughts on this week!
Amanda 'romando'

o

Amanda, you are too funny. I am from the south, born in Suffolk, VA. Trust me that is southern. LOL. But I know what a minx is.

My son likes Taylor. Ace is good looking, but staring in the camera is spooky, reminds me of Constantine (?) from last season. I loved Bo last season, his version of Vehicle is really good. I liked Carrie also.

Bucky is hard to understand.

Robin

o

Oh Amanda...you haven't been alienated - you're the reason I keep coming back to read this post! I had to laugh about the Ace staring into the camera thing - you've hit the nail on the head - it's so true. I don't think he's so hot anymore, just kind of annoying.

I don't think Lisa did so well either. Did you see the montage thing they did of her at the end of the show...her eyebrows do some funny things and in one of the last shots she looked JUST LIKE Jack Nickelson doing the "Joker"...LOL. I guess I'd better shut up now, it's not like I'm perfect!

Stay tuned for next week....

o

HEHEHEHEHEH!!!! ROTFLMAO!!! Amanda you have taken the thoughts right out of my head! I agree with EVERY WORD of your review.
Loving this thread
Kelley

o

ok, i just watched and am voting like crazy for chris
(866-436-5707)"Shameless plug", and i keep getting through!!! that can't be a good sign! So you guys need to Vote!!! PLEASE!!!

o

First off, I'm really not a huge fan of country music, so last night wasn't my favorite. I thought Taylor (my favorite idol) wasn't really too good, and Mandisa (my second favorite) wasn't much better...My husband thought the 'bringin out the elvis in me' song that Katherine did was weird, but I loved it. I thought she was the best last night. That's more my speed...and she's so dang cute.

Amanda 'romando'

o

I will not spoil this for those of you who haven't seen it tonight yet....but DANG IT!!!!

o

I thought Katherine's song was really neat....Simon said it was "weird" too - gee, you'd think the guys would like her & the song, as it was a sexy little number! I thought Chris did a good song too - it was nice to see a different side of him.

o

Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 10:07

I went out to dinner with my grandmother last night. Who's gone?!
Remy

o

Mandisa :( :( :( :(

o

Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 18:42

You've got to be kidding!! I can't believe it. I thought that guy would go. Not Taylor, not Bucky, not Chris, not Ace, for the love of.. Someone help me, lol! I can't even remember his name!
Remy

o

Remy, I believe you are referring to The Hobbit. LOL
That's what my husband calls him (The show, however, calls him Elliot Yamin)
I'm so friggin ed that Mandisa's gone. I mean, I realize their can only be one winner, and Taylor's my favorite, so I totally wanted Mandisa to be #2. Such expletives haven't spewn forth from my lips since either Dubya won his second term, or when I was in labor (can't remember). Did you see the shock on everybody's faces when her name was called out? Taylor was starting to clap like 'Yay! Mandisa's safe!' and then when reality set in it was like 'whaaaa?' Nobody knew what to say. (I did- refer to sentence #5)

Amanda 'romando'

o

Okay, I'm not losing it-- I see that my computer filter went kooky again and wouldn't let me type the word p.is.sed in my previous post--
Amanda 'romando'

o

Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 10:16

I knew you had to be mad, Amanda, swearing like a merchant marine, LOL!!

o

I was wondering what "friggen ed" meant! Gee, I thought I knew every "bad" word! Glad you explained that it was your computer!

o

Oh, My gawd. Chris is so totally totally the best thing on AI. He kicks the rest of the competition. That man has some pipes, and should be touring already. A big big future for this one. IMHO :o)

o

It's so weird...I don't like Chris' voice. He reminds me of a bleating goat.

< runs out of forum

o

LOL
(that's what I think about Cher...)

Anyway, I was a little worried when I learned that they'd be doing Queen-- it would be sacrilege to mess up Queen! I thought Ace was awful; I'm really sick of Kelly Pickler also, but I have to admit tonight was one of her best I think. I was surprised she pulled that off! Katherine got good reviews, but I just thought she was okay. Paris' performance made me want to cover my preteen's eyes! Girl was hot! (blush) Anyway, I thought Chris did a good job, but am I the only one who thinks the stylists gave him a (way) too dark dye job? Kinda scary. Like my high school goth days...
Taylor was fun again. I've been a little worried (especially since Mandisa got the boot) that the uniqueness was going out, but he was back tonight~
Elliot, bless his heart, keeps surprising me. Gotta give him some credit now, I tell myself.

Amanda 'romando'

o
RE: and another thing...

OMG!!!!!
Can you imagine the injustice if Chicken Little was still on, doing (trying but failing) Queen?

Amanda 'romando'

o

Funny you should mention Chicken Little - my husband asked last night what he might sing if he were still on!

I was worried about doing Queen songs, as I am a big fan, but they did alright. I thought Kelly did really good last night. I didn't see Paris sing - what happened? What song? My husband was switching between AI and a stinkin' baseball game...I didn't realize I missed someone!

I agree with Amanda - Katherine was okay, and I thought the judges wouldn't have much to say, but they liked it!!

o

Wed, Apr 12, 06 at 10:59

Jen,
Paris was on right at the end when time wise, you would of thought the show was over.
I thought Kelly looked really scary with the lights they had on her. Reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where the girlfriend went from pretty to ugly then pretty then ugly,lol.
I though Katherine was off key too much also.
There is something about Paris's voice that I don't like. No, she's not reminding me of a farm animal. She's not bad, it just doesn't do anything for me.
Remy
Oh, Ladyblues/Kelley,
Did you see the post by ljrmiller/Lisa on the Wintersowing Forum? It's a link to lyrics of a gardening blues song!

Here is a link that might be useful: Submitted Without Comment on WS Forum

o

Thanks Remy - I think that's what happened, I thought the show was over even though it did seem a few minutes early. I thought they'd just be giving the numbers out to call and vote. Glad I'm not losing my mind!

I know just the Seinfeld episode you're talking about - hilarious! Seinfeld is my very favorite show.

o

Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 10:04

Ok, I missed the show last night. Who is gone now?
Remy

o

The bottom three:
Bucky
Ace
Elliot

And Bucky was the one out last night. I think they got it right this time...

o

Ohhhh...Kathleen sounded gorgeous!! And she hasn't been a favorite for me-but tonight was exceptional!

o

I agree! My picks for the bottom three:
Kellie (getting sick of the empty cavern that is her skull)
Elliot
Ace (worked my last nerve; now it's time to go)

I'm so ready for Kellie to go. Not trying to be a hater, I just think it's time. Blah.

Katharine was excellent, wasn't she! I thought Taylor did a really good job, as did Paris and Chris. Do you remember a year this good on American Idol? I don't.

Amanda 'romando'

o

The year Fantasia was on was better. She had me speechless when she sang 'Summertime.' I had tears streaming down my face.

o

Wed, Apr 19, 06 at 9:51

"...empty cavern that is her skull,"Lol! Amanda.
Kellie was awful! I could of done a better job. (I still have my blue ribbon NYS Music Solo Award for you non-believers,lol)
I think this is a good season also.
When Fantasia sang 'Summertime', that was amazing, but I knew she was going to win from that moment. Everyone else could of packed it up and headed home. This season, I'm not sure who the winner will be.
Remy

o

Winner is Katherine!

She looked like the winner for a while, has the winning voice -no matter what she sings.

GB

o

Don't you think they might "rig" it so a guy will win this time? Girls have won the previous two idols...just a thought. I thought Katherine was fabulous!! I've always liked her. I'm tired of Ace, Elliott is good, but somehow just doesn't do it for me, Kellie is tiresome. My husband said last night that it's amazing that she sings so well with that strong accent. Paris is good, but again, just doesn't do it for me.

So I guess Katherine would be my choice!

o

I'm assuming everybody saw it? Bottom three were (!)
Chris (what?)
Paris (what?)
Ace

Ace went home. He wouldn't have been my first pick to go (Kellie would have been) but at least it wasn't Chris or Paris!

Amanda 'romando'

o

Just as long as Katherine and Chris stay, our choices from the start. We thought same thing, GardenJen, since last 2 Idols were females may be they'll arrange it to be a male, who knows there might be justice in the world, then again, close second can be tops.

As long as they bring ANDREA BOCCELLI on Tuesday! YAY!!!

Just as I was saying : It's time to have someone else on besides Manilow and Stewart! Never were my favs.

So there is justice, lol

Wonder who is going to be a "famous guest singer" next?

Who'd you pick?

GB

o

I thought Ace or Kelly would go - so that's fine...

I was really surprised that Chris was in the bottom three, but I'm glad he stayed.

They will have "love songs" next week - that should be interesting...at least chicken little isn't still on!

It's getting very exiting now!!

o

Thu, Apr 20, 06 at 10:05

I just had to google "Andrea Bocelli", lol.

o

Katherine has a beautiful voice, and the camera really likes her - but so does she, kind of a turn off. Taylor has been my favorite from the start, I always smile when he sings. This has been a great season, the first time I've wanted to watch every show.

o

I'd probably vote for Taylor if he'd not do his dances, we sometimes have to laugh. He's so natural and charming, great voice and personality, just needs to work on his moves and avoid straining himself in the meanwhile.

Next week should be a real treat. Boccelli is among my perennial favorites.

GB

o

Just a note...Andrea Boccelli will be singing on Idol tonight!!!
If you aren't his fan, chances are you'll be one eventually.

Have fun,

GB

o

Well - anyone have any thoughts on last nights performances? I thought Katherine did pretty good and was really surprised that the judges were so harsh - bummer.

I thought Kellie "butchered" the song again...Chris did a beautiful job and Elliott blew me away - he was awesome!

Just my two cents worth...

o

Again, Katherine and Chris in a duo, or Katherine and Boccelli in a duo, ha, she even sang opera beautifully!!!!

We agreed, judges were strange, what's gotten into them last night, probably heard too much Boccelli and forgot these are young, great hopeful talents.

Guess judges know decisions will be made and theirs probably won't matter.

You all want to make any guesses who'll be the guest singer next week??

GB

o

I thought Katherine did well, but the judges had a point in that it wasn't on par with Whitney Houston. Elliot was amazing-I am liking him more each week! Paris was my favorite last night-I love her style. She has such a beautiful, jazzy voice, it still is hard to believe she is so young.

o

Well - Kellie's gone....I think it was fair enough last night, though still kind of sad to see any of them leave at this point - you get used to them after awhile.

Elliot is growing on me too! He really surprised me Tuesday night.

o

I can't believe you all have kept this thread alive this long. I just came in to tell you that Paris and Taylor are the two best singers on the show and the rest do not hold a candle to Paris and Taylor *ducks to avoid flying terracotta pots thrown at me* the others are ok but not as good as them.

American pop music needs Taylor because he's the complete opposite of what we have now. In a music world dominated by hip-hop stars and pop-tart singers known more for who they're dating or dumping Taylor is a breath of fresh air. Maybe he proves the sterotypes that white boys can't dance, but the guy has sooooooul for days! I can picture him sneaking into town on the weekends a performing at one of the many blues clubs in Chicago. I can also picture myself sitting on a blanket in Grant park and listening to him sing America The Beautiful as the fire works burst over head on the fourth of July.

We need Paris too. Lets face it Whitney Houston isn't getting any younger and if you believe the gossip mags her personal life is a scary thing. We need a new wholesome girl with a voice like an angel that can belt out the National Anthem at a Super Bowl and send chills up our collective spines and unite the country. The country is greatly divided. America needs Paris-no, not the city in France but the girl on American Idol.

So I ask you my fellow GWers-do what's right for America and give it the American Idol it needs. I'm MrBrownThumb and I approve this message.

*This message paid for by Americans Idol fans for better Music*

:0)

o

Mrbrownthumb: You ARE a fellow liberal, aren't you? *just checking*
(I'm not even democrat-- I'm registered green party!) --please no hatemail anyone! LOL

Anyway, I love Paris and Taylor too. My husband knows I like Taylor the best, and he likes to tease me about it... calls him Special Ed and Spastic Bombastic. (Yes, he gets a kick out of himself) But you know what? I'd totally be there at any show Taylor did within a reasonable distance from anywhere in Northern California!

Of course, Chris is wonderful too...I was never a big fan of Elliot, but I have to admit, he's really impressive lately!

Amanda 'romando'

o

LOL, yes I am and I want an American Idol that unites us all.

:0)

o

Taylor, Elliot, and Katherine (the last song she sang) all did excellent tonight!!

o

Katherine might not always choose the best song but she has the best voice.
Taylor was most fun last night, funny too.

Mr BrownThumnb, music unites people all over the globe.
Loving all sorts of quality performances without prejudice regarding their backgrounds, religious or political beliefs, except I guess Chris' looks score him extra points, not that he doesn't have a great voice.

I'd form a quintet with the remaining Idols, if it were up to me, smile.

GB

o

Oh no! Paris is gone now! Well, Taylor's still my favorite, followed by Katharine, then Chris, and my least favorite is Elliot, though he's obviously not bad.
Also, I was just kidding about being overly political! It's true that music is a great unifier, as is gardening!
Amanda 'romando'

o

I can't believe America sent home Paris before Katherine. Does America have no taste? :0) At least we still have Taylor

MrBrownThumb

o

I can't believe there isn't an outcry on here about tonight.

o

I know, huh? Chris wasn't my absolute favorite (it's Taylor) but I certainly think Elliot should have gone before Chris did. I really like Katharine too-- a lot-- but now that it's down to Taylor, Katharine and Elliot, I DEFINATELY think Elliot should be going next week. I hope Taylor wins it! Wouldn't that be a hoot! He's the oldest one- almost 30 now, I think- and has grey hair and isn't in shape! I think he's cute though, even though my husband makes fun of him... LOL
Amanda 'romando'

o

I think Elliot has really shown a lot of transformation and heart-I like him. Taylor is my favorite, just cuz he is different and really just seems to love singing. Chris was definitely not my favorite at all, but still was shocked when he lost! I thought it would be Katherine-last night was not her best night singing.

o

Thu, May 11, 06 at 19:11

I can't believe Chris is gone either: (
Remy

o

By the time it gets down to so few, it's always hard to see any of them go, they're all so talented.

o

I didn't really get to see it tonight-the finale of Amazing Race was on (Yay, hippies)! I just turned it to AI during the last couple minutes to see who left.

o

Votes have never been so close!!!! Just wonder who is the one having just a little bit more votes? No matter, Katherine and Taylor are the winners, then again, I've been wishing they'd form a band with a dozen of them, pity to waste such talents, which most likely won't happen.

I think Elliott knew he was the one to leave when he saw the shocked reactions of Chris and fans! I didn't see so much emotional outpouring when he was leaving.
Katherine sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow" beautifully, made me sing it off and on later on.
Taylor is fun, Katherine has what it takes...beautiful voice. She might not sing her best every time, so what? I don't ever prepare spaghetti and meatballs same way!!! ha!

Go Katherine!!!

Bea-GB

o

Wed, May 24, 06 at 8:36

I had to work yesterday morning at 6:00. I fell asleep last night before the show started I was too tired! I just couldn't stay awake! What happened? Who do you think won?
Remy

o

Well, they both did well...They each sang three songs - the judges said that Taylor won the first round, Kathleen the second round and that Taylor did best the third round, although I think it was a bit unfair, as they sand the songs that will be their first recording, and the one that Taylor sang was just a much beter song in general. Also at the end Simon said that Taylor will be the next American Idol, which is a bit unfair too! We shall see. I have a feeling Taylor will win it.

o

At this point, the show will be starting in a little bit more than an hour, I am hoping that Taylor wins.
Alberta

o

Wow - I thought that was a very entertaining show last night! Sometimes they drag it out with boring stuff for two hours, but I thought it was really good. Congrats to Taylor - yes we are proud of you!

I'm sure Katherine will have no problem getting an album out. They both are really good. Now I'll go through withdrawals until January when the new season starts!

o

Woo hoo! All I can say is...

SOUL PATROL!!!!!!!!

LOL

Amanda 'romando'

o

I loved the show! Highlights for me were Clay, Mary K Blige with Elliot, Carry Underwood (made me cry), MANDISA (her voice just blows me away), Puck and Pickler (cracked me up), and of course the final moment when Taylor won. I thought he was going to faint lol

It was interesting seeing Prince-I was totally into him when I was *ahem* a bit younger.

o

We've not enjoyed the show on tv so much in ages, made me think once again how great it'd be to have more entertaining and little less competition, to bring best of Idols and have some extra fun for everyone.

No matter, all are winners, except me and especially my daughter, will be listening to Katherine and my younger daughter to Chris (her forever Idol). I think Taylor got the votes for being a friendly country guy -if the show was about congeniality he'd get my votes, he had fun and made us join in the fun, appearing more self-confident- a few years older helps, even if he was at times comical with his dances-we can all use more fun. It reminded us of the times when the "She Bangs" guy was picked as the winner on line, lol.

We're fine with the fact Katherine took the 2nd place- it's almost or as grand as the top. Her voice will sing for itself.

Wish we didn't have to wait so long for more Idol,

GB

o

I know, huh! I was shocked to see Prince-- shocked in a good way! I totally love Prince, though I must say I was a bigger fan when he wasn't quite as 'kid friendly' (LOL), but I was younger then...ANYWAY, I agree-- it probably helped Taylor to be a few years older than most of the others-- you can tell he just really didn't care too much about the superficial things. But I think he's totally handsome anyway! (I like confidence-- it goes a long way!)

This season was really good-- I honestly think I'd be completely satisfied with ANY of the top 12 winning-- most were infinately better than some of the winners of previous seasons! But Taylor was my favorite from the get go; I'm really glad he won.

Amanda 'romando'

o

Glad you've picked the winner Amanda, thanks for starting the thread. However, we think Katherine will have a winning career because of her beautiful voice. I was at times singing along with her, imaginning my voice being hers, not quite, lol.
If I had to pick one to go out to dinner/date with, definitelly Taylor, if I'm to play CD while waiting in traffic, no way would I feel like dancing with Taylor, it'd be Boccelli,George Straight, Katherine etc.

whatever rocks and pops your boat,

GB

o

ummmm this is the 7th season....and i like david archuleta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here