Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jim_6b

A mans got to know his limitations.

jim_6b
15 years ago

I recall hearing Clint Eastwood say that in one of his movies. After 12 hours of yardwork yesterday my body is telling me this morning that I don't know my limitations.

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee this morning, on the internet, and I need to be outside but I can barely move.

jim_6b

Comments (7)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Morning Jim,

I feel your pain!

I was outside yesterday just picking up sticks and doing some light raking and my back and neck are screaming "go lay down". I would if... I didn't have two 8 week old lab puppies to chase around today.

I suppose it's best to just push through it and stretch out the muscles, so off I go.

Have a great day!
    Lisa

• chrizty
    15 years ago

LOL i know how ya feel!! after winter im so out of shape. lol.

• bigred
    15 years ago

Yesterday,I started at daybreak. I cleaned flowerbeds,tossing the pintestraw mulch onto the lawn,cut the bed edges,planted a brazillon perennials(one tree peony I grew from seed 5 yrs ago ,6-8 foxgloves,6-8 clumps of tall garden phlox,3-4 red campions,1 bugbane and some others I can't remember),mowed over the pinestraw then put it BACK on the bed then mowed two sections of the lawn last but not least...pruned some of the hydrangeas.That's only the beginning and only the west side lawn. I have 1 &1/2 of yard /35 HUGE flowerbeds at last count but I have deleted a couple and joined some others so count is probably wrong now.

This year I started at the back corner of my yard..because the back almost always gets taken care of last and it looked like h-e-double hocky sticks after 3 years of neglect.

Luckily,we had a ladies exercise group going during the winter but still,at the end of the day,I felt like I'd been run over by a herd of stampeding buffalo.

Peggy

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

Handing you some Tylenol

Soak in the tub for a bit and relax those weary bones and muscles. Throw some epsom salt in there.

Carrie

• stage_rat
    15 years ago

I know what you mean. We recently had a 73 degree day, (we'd been having days mostly in the 30s and 40s) and I went crazy getting all kinds of stuff done in the yard. But I knew I wasn't in shape for that many hours of yardwork, so right after dinner I took a long hot bath, and took advil before bed. I should have put some advil on the bedside tale, too!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Mid Feb this year we had the spring thaw and the Star of Beth bulbs had started to emerge. The first day I went out and spent 4 hours on my hands and knees digging them out. My lower half was sore for a week. Luckily it turned off cold again right away, so I did not feel bad having to stay in and recuperate from the digging. The next time I dug, I limited the time to just 2 hours. Now those muscles have toughened up so I could likely dig all day without getting sore.

Sue

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Did alot of weeding about a week ago for only about 2 hours, couldn't believe how sore my muscles were. Our temps are staying between the high 50's and mid 60's every day here, sometimes even up to 70 so lots of weeds taking off. I weeded about 4 hours today and am tired but not half as sore as I was a week ago! Muscles are stretching out, feels good.
    Winter sown babies are really popping up, can't wait to plant them. : )

Cindy

Sponsored