Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ollierose

Postage Due?

ollierose
16 years ago

Has anyone received word from someone they've traded with that they had postage due when the seeds arrived?

This happended to someone I traded with recently and I'm wondering how you've addressed it if it happened to you?

I stupidly put another stamp in the mail before thinking about all Sue's hard work and now wish I hadn't. I feel that the PO should be held responsible for overcharging. I now have spent over $2 for two packs of seeds that I could have done with or without.

Thanks,

Diana

Comments (8)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Diana,

I'm emailing you for the particulars on this. I am 'ticked off' to say the least. Let's see what can maybe be done.

I feel like I have ranted enough here, and maybe been guilty of killing a dead snake.

Once we get together on the particulars and try and get something done, we can come back here and post the solution, if there is one.

Sue

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Oh SUE, this just happened to me too and I am soo upset, it makes me look like a bad trader....I just got the envie back and you can still see some of the postage due stamp, and I am sooo upset....I made sure to have them weight it and everything...UGH !!!!!!!

Would you make me feel better ?? LOL

16 years ago

oh flwrsever (could I ask that you sign your first real name occasionally, so I can relate to who you are please)

I am getting even more ticked. I will email you asking for the particulars and see who can maybe be 'nailed' for doing this...overcharging. If they weighed it, and put a postage tape on it, then no postal worker anywhere should be taking it upon themselves to say the postal tape and postage charged is WRONG! ...from my understanding.

I am now off to email for all the particulars.

Sue

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Sue...I am sorry...thought you knew who I was...
    My name is KYMand I promise to add it more, just wasnt thinking...( i try to type as little as possible, so I can still use my hands...)

• maozamom NE Ohio
    16 years ago

I'm the person who received Kym's envelope postage due. Every time I take bubble envelopes to the P.O. I'm charged different rates by different clerks. This is the same place that when I turned a old Priority Mail box inside out to recycle it for Media Postage called and made me come back and change boxes because Priority mail boxes can't be used for anything else, and boy did I get a lecture. Yet they have no problem ignoring the bubble envelope regulations.

Mao

16 years ago

MAO,
    I am still working on this (because it still is NOT taken care of.) Would you mind sending me a bubble envy from your PO...But only if the clerk of the day charges $1.13...which would be for a Parcel Rate, instead of 80 cents for a 1 OZ Large Envy.

Please put the addy of the PO in the envy....again...just back out of mailing it if you are told it is anything less than $1.13....maybe saying you forgot and need to add something to it yet....and try another time....time for another PO sting. Is that entrapment?...lol

Once I get it, I will verify it was overcharged.
    I will call your PO and explain that I have in my possession a BE that was overcharged from their facility
    I will explain that I am the owner/manager of SIR (Sue's Investigative Research) a small (one woman) consumer protection agency, that has been working with the USPS Consumer Affairs, in an attempt to uncover those Post Offices who have been consistently overcharging the past 11 months.
    I will get his email addy
    I will email him a copy of the email that went out to all Consumer Affairs Managers, as well as the private email that was sent to me.
    I will then call him later to see if he received my email.
    I will ask if he has any questions?
    I will thank him for his cooperation.

I will then let you know once everything has been done.

I would then ask of you to always have a copy handy of the Original Post in my thread with the title. bubble envys now 80 cents-print out for 'your' Post Office! They are going to overcharge because they CAN. They are only going to stop it if you stand up to them with paperwork to back up what you are telling them.

If they are asking for postage due, confront them with a copy of the email and a copy of Bulletin #22218. We had GOT to band together in the fight to make them get it right!

Bingo...that should take care of it.

When you email me for my addy, please put both your member name and Kym's in the subject line. I will then assign it a case number for the 2 of you. It is the only way I can keep tract of all of the dozens of GW emails I seem to receive daily.

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Another suggestion, if I might, Sue, is for them to make note of the clerk's name on their name tag and email that to you as well. That way you have a specific name to give to the Post Master. They are all required to wear badges, so maybe this will help :)

Kathy

16 years ago

Another suggestion, if I might, Sue, is for them to make note of the clerk's name on their name tag and email that to you as well. That way you have a specific name to give to the Post Master.
    I've been told that the numbers are coded on the postal tapes, and that proves who was at the window overcharging. Once I have that envy in my hand, it is the exact proof needed.

Sue...who has been going postal on PO detail this AM...sigh

I talked to the supervisor at proudgm_03s PO ans the PM is on vacation. I emailed him a copy of the email that went out to all CSM. I additionally copied it to the CSM in Louisville who initiated the email 3-12-08. Hopefully they will get the message finally or heads will roll!

Sue

Sponsored