Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Know you're addicted to Seed Exchange-s...when...

Posted by graanieb 9, Louisiana (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 23, 06 at 10:10

You dream of finding prepared envelopes on the top of the fridge, the more I look in the back the more of them show up!
Funny, guess it's since I've been placing env's ready to go up there! It's finally happened, lol
I know there are other signs to our addiction, besides seeing flowers no matter where we go and thinking: Seed swap! You see pretty stationary/paper or even plain white: seed envelopes!!!
Want to add some of your signs? We could make it top 10
signs....

GB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Know you're addicted to Seed Exchange-s...when...

You enjoy collecting seed more than planting and watching the flowers grow and bloom. I look at them now and think, "Hurry up, hurry up".

o

I'm a reformed addict. I had three large drawers full of seeds and still collecting before I decided it was just insane. I've packed up a lot to trade, direct sowed a whole drawerfull and still have a drawerfull that I plan to sow this year and next year.

I am NOT collecting more seeds... Of course I can't resist japanese morning glories and crosses of named daylilies and exotic vines and candy lilies and ...

I'm reformed. Honest! I am!! I am NOT an addict. (But just don't tempt me, ok?)

o

You know you're addicted when you take your daughter trick-or-treating and bring baggies along to collect potential seeds....and then you see the neighbor and she asks if we'd like to go with her and her kid and your daughter says, "only if you don't mind stopping so my mom can collect seeds"....my name is gardenjen and I'm a seedaholic....

o

Gardenjen~ LMBO, LOL! I can totally identify with that!

~You know your a seed addict when your mailman delivers all your neighbors bubble envelope packages to your house. He doesn't even look at the addresses on the envelope, just assumes that they are always mine!

~You burn dinner more than a handfull of times because you were busy browsing trade pages and forgot--sorry DH!

~Everytime you take an outdoors trip you make sure that you have your essentials with you (small shovel, plastic bag-or bucket if possible, seed baggies and sharpie, scissors (cuttings of course), bottles of H2o (not to drink), camo outfit, black mask.........lol)

~one of your son's first words is "SEEDS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

How funny!! GardenJen, you're hillarious!

Got another one just now- Your phone goes out and you wonder: Oh no, my Seed Exchange replies!!

well, kind of true.....lol

Garden Web managers must be pleased with us!

GB

o

You know you are addicted when the first thing you do when you come home from work is look at the new posts on the seed exchange and check your email for trades. Dinner? Oh I guess I will have to make something quick, since I have a lot of seeds to package up and look for more seeds that I couldn't possibly live without! LOL

Daisy

o

When the first thing you do when you get up and the last thing you do before you go to bed is check the exchange pages for anything.

You never leave the house with baggies stuffed in your purse, car etc. even with 3 feet of snow on the ground in the dead of N.E. winter.

When you WS more than you really need just for yourself to have plenty of extra seeds for trades.

You buy commecial packet of seeds when you really don't need them, just so you can add seeds to your trade page list.

Everyone you knows is ready to send you to you no where, but they are the first in line for all the seedlings you have from WS all those seeds.

Fran

o

Daisy, we know those are the seeds that will one day provide much needed food for the family! Hey, kidding aside,you got the right to sit down and unwind.
Fran, great reasons, lol..Guess making converts to GW would be the ultimate sign of addiction? And who in the world wouldn't care about you? (smile)

One more sign...When you get a package delivered at your door ( got DSL modem the other night,yay) and think: Wow, just the perfect size for shipping plants!!!!!!!!!!

GB

o

You enjoy collecting seed more than planting and watching the flowers grow and bloom.
So true!

You burn dinner more than a handfull of times because you were busy browsing trade pages and forgot
Seldom cook...maybe that is the reason...get's in the way of surfin for seeds.

Your phone goes out and you wonder: Oh no, my Seed Exchange replies!!
Very true when one is on dial-up. Immediate plans are made to go to town to use the library computers.

When the first thing you do when you get up and the last thing you do before you go to bed is check the exchange pages for anything.
And if one is retired they additionally check off and on all day.

You buy commercial packet of seeds when you really don't need them, just so you can add seeds to your trade page list.
Or buy them just to share with some 'special' cyber tradin buddies.

Anyone else?

Sue...who found this while looking for a post

o

When your fridge has more seed containers than food, and you get MAD if someone even suggests possibly removing just ONE container for the leftover roast.

When you can't clean your home properly because then you would have to move the "organized mess" because it would confuse you to where "that package" is.

WHen the only reason you carry a purse to begin with IS to carry all those baggies, sharpies and labels around.

When you go on vacation, and the only reason you want to go sight seeing is to "collect" souveniers, LoL!

When you stop traffic in down town Chigaco in the dead of winter, just so you can collect those cute little berries in the median.

Oh, boy, I better stop. Ha!
I could go on and on, and even those of you who have already admitted to being addicts would call the people with the white jackets on me.

Happy Collecting (which ever way you choose to do it)
Tina

o

Here's a new one to add to the list.

When the letter carrier rings your door bell at least 4 times a week and greets you, are you ready for this folks.

With a santa hat on his head and says "Santa is hear" and hands you your bubble envelopes, at least 3-5 times a week.
Then proceeds to say "don't forget me, with all those seedlings please?"

Honest he does this. I've tried to get him with the digital camera but he scampers off faster than I can get a pic.

He swares he doesn't do this with anyone else on the his delivery route, is a such a sweet guy and wants the seedlings in the spring for an aniversary gift and birthday gift for his wife. How can I say no to a guy that gives his wife such beauty for gifts.

Fran

o

Fran,

Cool story...he sounds like a really fun sweetie.

Maybe you should send him home with a couple of complete easy to grow already planted Winter Sown jugs b4 then.

I often share some things with my rural mail carrier when she pulls in the drive (delivering plant trades), and I happen to be out digging and dividing things...a common occurrence. She brought me seeds she had saved that she thought I might enjoy, and we often talk plants when she has a few minutes to spare occasionally.

o

Great seeing you again Sue, Tina and Fran. Waking up, yet, have to take a few peeks (while doing e-mails or in Pogo games) in case something new shows up on the GW.
Isn't that just about the most ultimate sign of addiction?

Plus, after reading your posts, I HAD to read your PAGES...to see if we can trade again,lol

good sunday to you,

Bea

o

I have all the above symptoms, Oh Lord help me! *lol*

o

Got to bring the topic back....just had myself some laugh as I thought of how addicted to Saving Seeds I am...so much so, when I passed the local church and saw the most beautiful ,large, true blue Morning Glories (open around 10 am too), plus pink Canna Lily, I thought to myself ---I am willing to convert to another denomination to get these seeds.

How about this for addiction sign? lol

Bea

o

I can't find my game table most of they year due to seeds and packaging supplies, does that count?

o

You know it, Linda, we've got the best game. Makes me think someone should invent a board game to play for seed pkts, or we could collect for the Railroad, pay 2 pkts as we Pass Go and so on. Ha.

Good thing you have a game table, I use the regular one or the bed, no matter...have to close the kitties out and ignore occasional door shaking, some spoiled kitties!

unstoppable seed swapping Graanie Bea

o

Had a new neighbor move in last week. She stopped over to introduce herself and we made plans for a 'playdate' for the kids. Well I bring my daughter over and see seedheads in her gardens. I casually ask her 'what color were these?' She replies that she has no idea because they were there when she moved in and she's not 'into' gardening. With that I say 'then you won't mind if I take some seeds then?'. I swear she looked at me like I was absolutely nuts as I bent the dried stems over to shake out seeds into my hand and then look to see where I can put them so I can get more from the other plants. I suppose it does look crazy to those that don't garden...

o

My family knows I am addicted to seeds cause we NO LONGER are able to eat at the kitchen table..my seeds are drying, and dont ya DARE go near them, they might blow off the table...LOL

I have a little side table that holds all my seed trade items, tape, bubble envies, seed boxes...and it is the only cluttered area in my house...but dont ya DARE make comments on it..LOL

My kids come home and tell me where they have seen a lot of seeds, and tell me I have to go get them.

I cant go a day without checking to see if I am "missing something good"

I could go on too....but oh boy, I am sooo addicted to seeds and flowers, I am already wishing for wintersowing..

o

a true one...
You know you are addicted when you go to the Dr.. who is also a neighbor and fellow gardener,and you forget what you went there for because both of us is talking what she planted,what I planted, new ideas,seeing all her new violets and pots off ebay..then having to call her office to get my meds called in..lol
moonphase

o

When Dh started asking me "Are you ever coming to bed again!" He says I might have a problem! Well, I don't consider it a problem...hey isn't one of the first symptoms of addiction denial? Uh-oh!~Angie

o

When you have just a couple of stamps left in the house with a bubble envie full of seeds and bills to be sent and you choose to send the seeds first...

You tell yourself DAILY that you don't need anymore seed; you can't possibly grow them all and yet you succumb to more trades while reasoning with yourself that it's ok because seeds last for years, right?

You feel a need to explain to your DH why it's ok for you to continue trading even though he doesn't care and hasn't asked.

You pack seed baggies in your leather vest while out with the boys on an afternoon Harley ride. When that isn't enough, you take up one of the sides of the saddle bags for baggies, markers, etc. You don't care what your DH's biker buddies think about it either :).

o

Glad you've kept this link going, good it gives us smiles.

Flwrs - had to laugh on your " My kids come home and tell me where they have seen a lot of seeds, and tell me I have to go get them." Great to have kids involve in the fun.

Eclps - When you use your last 2 stamps in the house for seed envie instead of the bills? Funny...and it makes me feel better about peeling off stamps from envies to be sent out in favor of the seed sends!

Becca -hope your neighbor has more interest in this great hobby.

Girlsgirl- Your husband has a problem! not you! lol

keep sowing seeds of hope,

Bea

o

You know you are hooked

when you are walking with your 17 year old she sees seed heads and says Mom don't you dare!

you have yogurt cups of seeds on top of closets, on end tables and no one says a thing about it including neighbors

when your husbands nickname for you is crazy seed lady and he says it with love LOL
I have it down to a science
Patty

o

I got another one,
When you look around you and realize your house is becoming one big seed pod!:)
Bea, I will be in touch!~Angie

o

I thought this wonderfully funny thread deserved to be bumped back up after someone asking..."my question is..if you've jumped on the computer to check out the seed website BEFORE you've even checked your email or had your tea....are you addicted??..."typing with trembling fingers"...."

Keep 'em coming...lol

Sue...rbb

o

"raising hand"..that was me..."hanging head"..and I still haven't had my tea yet....it's 11:22AM and I'm starting to get a "no tea headache"..."L"..."going to put water on"

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 27, 08 at 12:46

Whaddaya mean, I cant put seeds in that envelope, huh? Its for the Electric Bill? WHAaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

o

Glad you brought it out again, Sue, fun reading all the stories.
My latest sign ---Since we got a new fridge I figured one of it's crispers can hold lots of seeds, except now they're barelly fitting, have to plant and swap lots more, nights are getting warmer now.

Glad to share in your hobby,

Bea

o

i got a "few" one fridge for seeds and seeds things, yes things, LOL so talla will leave them alone!! LOL
my son swears i love my plants more than him, but i swear its not true, although they don't sass me back!! i can hold out on water w them!! LOL
ido check on the site to see whats new inbetween the study's with the kids, LOL that's bad!! LOL
when we went to oregon t see my bro get married last summer, i couldnt wait, i hadn't seen him in a long time, but i had never met beth, but i gotta tell ya, i was so anxious to get all them seeds!! i mean really anxious!! LOL
so now tabor (my son) tries to trick me into going onto different "seed" sites, LOL they are really game sites!!! LOL
and my family swears i'm strange cuz my plants are my babies, LOL but ummm, i did raise them from seed. LOL that makes them my babies!! at least my kiddo's understand that!! and they are growing plants!! thanks to many of my gw friends!! :'))
and my jacket pockets or jeans pocket almost always have at least 1 something i can put seeds in, cus i will remember what it is, i always forget though!! LOL :')

o

ROFL!!! I think I'm related to you all! I've been saving seeds since I was 5 or 6..... getting my seeds from the commercial seed companies in December each year..... planting at least 3 types of flowers by New Years Eve...... "borrowing" seeds from my mail customers for the past 8 years..... keep telling my oldest sister she needs to host the annual perennial exchange "just one more year"..... start seeds in the house in january only to take them to work and give them away..... garden outside while listening to the local rock station (you know my neighbors in the trailer park love this, right?)..... and have all those unidentified seeds in the ashtray of my car (isn't that what it's for???)..... and last of all, I'm better at naming the flowers in my garden than remembering all the names of my various nephews and nieces.

Say, isn't that a loose seed over there in the corner, next to your shoes? Just wait right here, I'll go get it.....

o

you know you're addicted when you have your husband screech to a stop because you saw some " awesome cardboard outside that warehouse." and THEN you actually go into the warehouse, hunt down the manager and ask for said cardboard. THEN you stuff the back of your husband's Explorer until he can't see out the back! "stuffing cardboard in shed until weather is nice enough to use in for the lasanga method"

o

" awesome cardboard outside that warehouse." ...poor hubby!

I have become familiar at different time with the friendly folks at The Dollar General Store, among other places. I found out when the stock truck came in, thus when they put up stock, thus would have a new supply of boxes being discarded. You drive behind the store, and if you happen to be really lucky, the employees will be bringing out a new batch of empty boxes, and even pick out the best ones, and help load them.

It is always a wise idea to keep a grabber in every vehicle...just so you are armed and ready. It also comes in handy to retrieve WS containers, buckets, planters, and pots, and cardboard when dumpster diving at the recycling center and elsewhere.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: Grabbers of various prices

o

ohhh dan!! you are my kinda guy!! and linda you are absolutely halarious!! how do you get hubby to stop??? man i wish i could get mine to stop!! LOL
but i do have a truck now for out in the country shopping!! LOL but it does no good in the city!! LOL

o

"said with a straight face"..I reached my foot over and stomped on the brake..."G"..actually I think he reacted out of instinct when I yelled, "STOP!".
hmmm...a grabber...I'll have to check in to that.
What's so awesome about this cardboard is that it's HUGE and already broken down. I had to fold some pieces back up just to get it into the vehicle. The manager said to me, "That cardboard is so big you can lay down and roll all over it!"...I'm still trying to figure that one out..."pondering"

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 23:06

Ok, there, Dan, we have to have a chat, you being a newbie and all. See, you got to understand that if the seed is by MY shoe, then it is MY SEED, got that? Id be happy to trade MY SEED by MY SHOE for one of YOUR SEEDS by YOUR SHOE, tho, K?

no sasbe tho

o

hey!! i'm willing to jump on someone for that way cool seed!! LOL :')) J/K

o

Oh REALLY Michelle ?? Must be SOME seed....LOL

Play nicely now, we DO need to be nice to the newbie, atleast for another day or two...snicker, snicker...

o

Hmm... how about when you're sore from head to toe from a planting marathon (ALL day from 9 am til 8 pm) to get at least 99% of the backyard planted cause it's gonna rain real good that night and it'll save you having to water... and then you're still looking at MORE seeds and planning where to plant 'em.... And your back and shoulders is crying, literal tears at the thought? *mumbles* backyard is bigger than I thought it was...must have more... didn't think I was in this bad a shape...must get gardening muscles working again! :)

Kathy

o

Who me I'm too new to be addicted...I am just an enabler to a 3 year old who cannot wait for the mail so she can open the bubble envelopes. Poor kid even wants to look up the plants instead of play computer games LOL. Kim

o

LOL i soooo know that one!! i was that way last year!! last year i tilled our garden 25 x 80 with a mantis tiller!! yes i said a mantis tiller, i had it done part of the way, then my hubby had some guy come in and turn it over so i had big rolls, that were deep, LOL then i was working on that forever!!!! so then i told him this is sooo not working, so we ended up having someone come in and really till it, much better, but i still really tilled it!! LOL i had to do it my way!! LOL mrs.perfection here :'>> so then i had to get a whole bunch of seeds to put in that garden, LOL
P.S. still haven't stopped!! LOL

o

you know you're addicted when someone says.."want a bubbly?" and you're not expecting champagne!

Linda..who has a shelf full of bubblies

o

questions here
Are you addicted to acquiring seeds?
Are you addicted to acquiring seeds to certain things you collect...say poppies, tomatoes, sweet peas, MGs, others maybe?
Are you growing all those seeds or are you just collecting them...much like a miserly person would save, and save money, never spending any of it?
Are you an enabler...that is wanting to get others addicted, so they can then later feed your addiction?

Has anyone ever been able to 'conquer' their addiction and get it under control? If so, for how long? Are you a recovering Seed Addict?

Sue...thinking a lot this AM instead of getting started on 'stuff'

o

do you walk past a seed display and start drooling?

IS your only topic of conversation: seed exchange, seed planting, buying seeds and wondering where your next seeds are coming from?

Are there cobwebs in your house because you haven't been doing housework?

Linda..who's going outside and play

o

...when you spend an hour when you should be cleaning your house, just sorting your seeds into keepers and trade available stacks.

o

Are you addicted to acquiring seeds? LOL, no... no..not me.. I don't have a problem! What are you talking about!?

Are you addicted to acquiring seeds to certain things you collect...say poppies, tomatoes, sweet peas, MGs, others maybe? Double Poppies, Lettuces, MGs, Mints, Geraniums- scented... just to name a couple :P

Are you growing all those seeds or are you just collecting them...much like a miserly person would save, and save money, never spending any of it? I'm trying to plant 'em! The weather won't co-operate! I want a no wind, reasonably warm day! Then maybe I can find my desk... and my dining table.. and the top of my chest of drawers..

Are you an enabler...that is wanting to get others addicted, so they can then later feed your addiction? I'd never do something like that! I've only shared with neighbors, soon to be in laws, newbies here, my best friend, the local community aid center... the school... complete strang... erm...

Has anyone ever been able to 'conquer' their addiction and get it under control? If so, for how long? Are you a recovering Seed Addict? The real question is... who would want to?!

*skitters off to plot more enabling and plant more bulbs*

Kathy :)

o

When the UPS guy says I see it's that time of year again

Drooling at the seed racks? Where do you shop I look but I have either the seeds or the plants I look but GOT IT GOT IT I need new varieties.LOL

All of your neighbors have 2 liter bottles filled with seeds and dirt most of the seeds you gave them after you taught them to wintersow
I'm glad you brought this back Sue
Patty

o

when you cant wait to see what everyone else wrote LOL cuz ya just know that for sure its you!!! LOL

you enable your family- cuz ya have toooo many seeds and need to "get rid of some" ***onrilly laughs*** (secretly) LOL

o

When you start another post offering newbie seeds and think that you need to get more seeds since you're giving away so many. LOL Not me??!!

o

LOL you "enabled" a bunch of your relatives so you "think" you "need" seeds now, cuz your fridge is "empty" LOL "WHATEVER" LOL isn't that funny!!! we are sooooo bad!!! LOL

o

Just stumbled upon this one, made me laugh again.

Thinking of covering up yard long beans to save more seeds, lol

Never mind green beans almondine, we want those seeds, lol

Yeah, really, so we can have more beans next year.

Keeping basil seed "pods" in paper envelopes in my purse, mmmm good fragrance.

Bea

o

You know what would be really bad? If someone invented a way to play poker for seeds!

"I'll see your 10 rare dayliles, and raise you 20 Japanese Morning Glories...."

Yeah, we'd all be in trouble, then!

o

You people diffenantly have a serious problem and are in need of an itervention.

Peggy,
who will now go back to trolling seed exchange forums,do MORE on-line searches for those unique,ellusive seeds and stare lovely into her crammed full seed frig while trying to figure out what box to put yet even more seeds most recently aquired.
Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

o

It's only a problem if you run out of bubble envies, seed envies, or stamps. All of which can be purchased. :)

o

Are you an enabler...that is wanting to get others addicted, so they can then later feed your addiction?

EPIC WIN!!!

o

When my long time letter carrier knocks on the door to ask if I'm ok!!!!!!

Reason he knocked and asked? Been a week and no bubblies to deliver after months and months of at least 3 of them put in the box a day.

Fran

o

you look at the seed exchange, knowing you don't need any of those, knowing also that you don't have the room for anymore seeds. BUt you still look, thinking hmmm....them there seeds, i could use, knowing full well that you cannot use them!! that's when you know full well that there is no hope at all for you!! **big grinn** ~Medo who has to go and get her seed packets ready for her buds, so she don;t have to worry about them anymore!! :'))

o

you look at the seed exchange, knowing you don't need any of those, knowing also that you don't have the room for anymore seeds.

I nearly responded to an offer for coconut lime coneflowers. I already have at least a dozen varieties of coneflowers. But I didn't. Mostly because I was out of bubbies and didn't feel like going to Wal-Mart. again.

o

Amusing stories. Had posted one the other day, so I thought, don't see it here now, where did it go?
About the plants my daughter brought me, she thought stocks were full of buds, what I saw, after thanking her and sayinghow pretty they were, true...." SEEDS", those aren't buds, but seeds that'll dry soon, hopefully. " There'll be plenty for trading"...for daughter's favorites too.

This one made me laugh, probably happens to many of you....Sent my first Christmas cards to Seed Exchange pals...before my relatives and friends, lol

While sending out trades, why not enclose cards?

with thanks and Happy Holidays,

GB-Bea

o

When you start the washer & go to get the clothes to put in it, & stop by the pooter for just a second to see whats new on the Wsing or Seed Exchange & then the next thing you hear is the washer spinning with no clothes in it! Ghess, I have wasted so much soap that way ! LMAO hahaha
jan ")

o

when you see a wanted post and your hand goes up in the air and you feel like you're horseshack in mr. kotters' class-becuz' you have what someone else is looking for!!!!
when you're SOOO thrilled with your longhaired cats for bringing mama home some seeds in their fur-hey,every seed deserves a chance to have a good home!
you're willing to buy your bf all new brakes and stuff just so he can stop that much quicker when ya yell "STOOOOPPPPPP"
ya still have a pair of shorts left out(not packed away w/the summer clothes yet)becuz' you keep forgetting to get the seeds outta the pocket
even in church you're looking at the bouquets becuz there just might be some seeds in there
i could go on and on and on.......

o

You get a new pack of purchased seeds and sit down with a pair of tweezers to count them to see if you can trade them for things you really don't need, but want.

o

Hi, I was bored,hubby is watching tv,so i have been reading every ones stories and laughing,i am pretty new to this,but just this morning, i was getting ready to make coffee, i took the lid off, and stared at the coffee grounds,,,,for a long time,,,,thinking how much the grounds looked like tiny seeds.
I had to laugh at my self,but now know,i am an addict in the making.
That's a good thing,RIGHT?
Carol

o

You sneak your latest purchase of seeds in your purse so hubby doesn't see you bought more cause he knows (and so do you), that you really don't need anymore. It's an "addiction".

You find yourself on your knees with a piece of tape picking up little seeds you dropped on the carpet.

o

Ya'll are halariouse.And I think most of you here have enabled me.(BIG smile)
I drug a sheet of rigid insulation into the house cause the bed isn't big enough to sort seeds on anymore.
the grandkids save seeds from every apple,cherry,grape for Grandma's garden.
They argue over who's turn it is to open the envelopes

You never let go of all of one kind of seed,Because you might change your mind about them.Lot's of baggies with 2-3 seeds.

you save every loose seed ,even if you can't identify it.

This all sounds like a new reality show,seed hoarders,my secret addiction.

I don't have a problem,this has been my solution.Many hours of enjoyment passed some pretty rough days.Even if I can't plant them all, each of these little miracles has restored me,and I have all of you to thank for that.

The grandkids "tell on" mom and dad if they don't save pop bottles for grandma

You change shampoo,to get the clear bottles.

The spare room is piled with anything that looks like you might could use it for WS

You read the wanted lists first and get depressed if you don't have something they want to trade for

you can't get rid of anything that says mixed,because they might be differant than the other mix you have of the same seeds.
Yep, all in all, the best obsession I have.

o

I just got a kick out of reading these!! I was literally LOL'ing. :-)

My name is hostarookie and I'm a seedaholic!

o

Glad you got it back running, it's making me laugh again.

How many of you had saved annuals from the freeze since there were seeds that were almost done? Like Basil, still have 1 plant half frozen but wont touch it, us addicts dont quit so easily...lol

o

When you want all your flowers to die and turn brown so you can open the pods.

o

When you are waiting for the dollar store to put the remaining seeds you would not want for yourself on sale for 10 cents a pk so you can trade them.

o

...When every seed trade is "the last one, I swear!"

Nel

o

Nel...

I am guilty of saying that every single time! Rotflol! These are too funny.

o

Love this thread!!! I keep nodding my head at some of the things (yogurt cups all over the place, full of seeds and tiny ripped-off corners of paper for labels, making another flower bed simply cuz' you don't have room for all the seedlings, etc).

You know you have a problem when you read this post and say to yourself "I'm not as bad as some of the people here". Then you realize you are worse and were only trying to delude yourself before. LOL. Classic case of addict denial! I have to say, reading the posts here makes me feel a little less guilty about my seed snatchin' and WHERE I have ended up snatchin' from. :-)

You feel so pleased when you convert your own father into a fellow seed snatcher! One day he came up to me with a happy/sneaky look on his face and pulled a seedpod (a simple marigold) out of his pocket that he snagged from a store. Next he gives me a tiny NOID sprig of a shrub that he pulled up from in front of some mall in town ;-D Then one day I give him a tin of herbal drops I no longer want and ask him to save the tin. I didn't even have to tell him what I wanted it for- he said it for me "for seeds!"

I think I have found my kinfolk here in all of you. Great post! ;-)
CMK

o

So funny! CMK, glad to see you here... may be your dad could turn into a seed packer?
You know what a help that would be...for both of you?

o

Thank you graanieb!
Hummm...I don't think he would enjoy packaging up seeds very much. Sometimes I don't even enjoy doing it, especially with those tiny seeds that blow away if you dare breathe while packaging them up, lol!
He does like helping with planting the veg seed in late winter/spring, which is great!

You also know your addicted when you totally forget to eat lunch because you were so absorbed in reading seed exchange pages and looking up the things you were unfamiliar with etc. Boy am I hungry...LOL ;-D
CMK

o

Lol CMK, I ought to get here more often even if I'm on a healthy diet.
Great your dad helps you planting, bet he loves it more than anyone, know what you mean about packing seeds too, tiny and ones that come in sticky shells as in some hibiscus, but we addicts will do anything to save a seed. :)

Merry Christmas to all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here